Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Paycom Headquarters

1. Default Re: Paycom to build new offices

That's not the point.

Paycom has been around long enough to know that downtown is where the real momentum is. The company I work for is preparing to move from NWE & MacArthur to Midtown, and everyone here is very excited about it. I can guarantee you we wouldn't feel the same way about a new cookie-cutter box being built on Memorial. A move out there is not one that benefits or excites employees, it's all about $$$.

Default Re: Paycom to build new offices

jbrown, care to share which company this is relocating to MidTown? Or are you at liberty to disclose? The only big company I can think of at that intersection is Weokie Credit Union.

3. Default Re: Paycom to build new offices

I can't share at this point. It's not a large company.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    American Fidelity?

no, just fidelity as far as I know

That's not the point.

Paycom has been around long enough to know that downtown is where the real momentum is. The company I work for is preparing to move from NWE & MacArthur to Midtown, and everyone here is very excited about it. I can guarantee you we wouldn't feel the same way about a new cookie-cutter box being built on Memorial. A move out there is not one that benefits or excites employees, it's all about $$$.
    It would seem to me that Paycom has a pretty good handle on the meaning of momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    No kidding...Pickings are slim for us 'round these parts.
    Pickins are slim for good paying IT jobs. I had a recruiter call me for a server job last week. 5 years experience and they wanted to pay 37K. I almost laughed!!

Not to mention it's poor location for workers in the other 3 quadrants of the metro, the NW side doesn't have amenities like multiple lunch options, parks, and other entertainment in walking distance. I would much rather work downtown and have to walk past shops and cafes and other people than to drive out to the former QZ Ranch on NW 189th and walk across a mile of desolate surface parking.

Let's be frank. The only reason these types of companies would locate out there is because it's cheap land and cheap construction.
    Since we're being frank, I have no clue what the former QZ Ranch on NW 189th has anything to do with Paycom's new HQ on Memorial. And you know that the mile of parking is an exaggeration. I seriously doubt any parking obscuring the Paycom HQ would have anything on Lower Bricktown. And while we're at it, as someone who lives in NORMAN, honestly there's only one quadrant of the metro that really matters and we all know which quadrant it is. And if you're going to tell me that the NW side of town doesn't have amenities, that's funny. I respect you, jbrown, and I know you live in Edmond or used to..sorta the NW side of the metro, or at least attached.

I agree with you that I would rather work/live in downtown than on Memorial, but there is no denying that the economics, demographics, and logistics of Memorial Road are excellent for growth whether it be shopping malls, dining, lifestyle centers, apartment complexes, medical centers, or corporate headquarters. I think that very soon downtown will be as healthy and as thriving as Memorial Road, and it's a transition that's well into progress and fruition and will be making more headway than ever very soon, but in regards to downtown v. Memorial Road, all I can say is that some day OKC will be able to boast all of the amenities of Memorial Road in a more tasteful and sophisticated downtown environment, and that's something we can all look forward to!

8. Default Re: Paycom to build new offices

That's for sure.

And I no longer live in Edmond. I have lived downtown for almost a year.

But you must recognize the difference between a worker at Devon that can walk to any number of eateries at lunch, run by the post office in the underground, bring a sack lunch to eat in the Myriad Gardens, and stop by happy hour just around the block after work, and a worker at the proposed PayCom headquarters that would have to go to their car to get to anything like the previous mentioned, and certainly has nowhere to walk and eat their lunch outdoors.

Though the truth is, few employees at Paycom have as far of a drive as Chad himself. He and other top employees all still live in their hometown of Tuttle, which is quite a drive to the NW side! I would love it if Paycom moved downtown instead of closer to where we live, but few people really know what's going through Chad's mind, so who knows why he's looking out farther NW instead of downtown. I keep trying to get my husband to ask but he's way too busy, due to the rapid growth they're going through.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    hopefully paycom becomes big enough to start taking away business from fidelity. Our company switched most of our hr/payroll stuff to fidelity within the last 1.5 years and they have to be the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life
    Mention them to your HR department. I'm not just saying this because my husband works there, but Paycom seriously is the best payroll provider out there. There's a reason they're growing so rapidly, and maintaining current clients.

Quote Originally Posted by t3h_wookiee View Post
    Though the truth is, few employees at Paycom have as far of a drive as Chad himself. He and other top employees all still live in their hometown of Tuttle, which is quite a drive to the NW side! I would love it if Paycom moved downtown instead of closer to where we live, but few people really know what's going through Chad's mind, so who knows why he's looking out farther NW instead of downtown. I keep trying to get my husband to ask but he's way too busy, due to the rapid growth they're going through.

Mention them to your HR department. I'm not just saying this because my husband works there, but Paycom seriously is the best payroll provider out there. There's a reason they're growing so rapidly, and maintaining current clients.

Since your husband works there. What is the overall feeling from his co-workers about the possible move to the far NW part of Okc as opposed to a central downtown location??

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Since your husband works there. What is the overall feeling from his co-workers about the possible move to the far NW part of Okc as opposed to a central downtown location??
    Most that he's talked with don't really care. Quite a few of the employees live up here or in Edmond already. Plus they've always been in NW OKC, so it's not too big of a deal. Quite a few do live farther away (we used to live in Norman ourselves). I'm not sure that many have even thought of possibly moving to downtown instead. Everyone just wants a new building! They're quickly outgrowing their space, and pretty soon there won't be too much more to take over there.

Anybody know what happened to this project?

They were set to build at Memorial & Council then put that on hold because the planned buildings weren't going to be able to accommodate their rapid growth.

Default Re: Paycom Headquaters: Memorial & Council

I don't know much about the project or the company but we are doing some work in the building. It's under construction, multiple story, 80 percent complete is my guess, and there is a sign out front saying they are hiring. It's on the north side of Memorial between Rockwell and Council.

I found these drawings on the web and wasn't sure if they were the latest versions -- but it sounds like they are. The way they positioned the main building and gym implies they hope to add another structure in the future.

The building looks about like that. I don't know if the gym is there or not. There's a few things odd about the way construction seems to be taking place. Looks to me like something changed midstream, more space was added or part of it was finished before the other. Like I said, I don't know the story and I wasn't aware of any of it until just recently.

Not to mention it's poor location for workers in the other 3 quadrants of the metro, the NW side doesn't have amenities like multiple lunch options, parks, and other entertainment in walking distance. I would much rather work downtown and have to walk past shops and cafes and other people than to drive out to the former QZ Ranch on NW 189th and walk across a mile of desolate surface parking.

Let's be frank. The only reason these types of companies would locate out there is because it's cheap land and cheap construction.
    As long as we are being frank, the only walking will be on the campus, then driving off (small chance a couple people will bike). It almost looks like they want to discourage walking to the on site gym.

Any idea on current employee count, if the parking lot lines are to scale it is like 4x the parking needed for the number quoted working their in the first post on the tread?

This is the site:

18. Default Re: Paycom Headquaters: Memorial & Council

I drive by there every once in awhile and last I saw they were painting the parts of the exterior not covered in stone. Will look sharp. Sad it's so far out, hopefully some infill will happen soon.

19. Default Re: Paycom Headquaters: Memorial & Council

Booo, anything else on Memorial and I say Boooo. There's too much up there already....they only get built there so the executives can drive 5 minutes from their Galardia homes to work at the expense of every other employee.

Found the building permit issued in March of 2010...

99,200 square feet, four levels (including basement), $8 million price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    As long as we are being frank, the only walking will be on the campus, then driving off (small chance a couple people will bike). It almost looks like they want to discourage walking to the on site gym.

Any idea on current employee count, if the parking lot lines are to scale it is like 4x the parking needed for the number quoted working their in the first post on the tread?
    They have *WAY* more than 85 employees in the OKC office, not even counting the sales reps. Way more! As in over 450 currently and quickly growing even more. I would not be surprised if they have to start the next building within a year so they don't run out of space.

Location of new HQ's aside, it's nice to see home-grown Paycom and Express Personnel continue to grow, prosper, and add lots of new jobs to the area.

24. Default Re: Paycom Headquaters: Memorial & Council

Since someone has mentioned IT jobs, we're looking for a DBA. MySql, Postgress (Enterprise DB), and Oracle. Let me know if you want details.

Hey at least they aren't moving OUT of OKC!!!

Thread Information