Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Paycom Headquarters

Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

I would say that their aesthetic isn't going to change based upon location.

Paycom Grapevine, TX March 2021

Keep in mind that Paycom may well be one of the main reasons that the NW OKC/Deer Creek/Piedmont area is currently booming so much.

3. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    BomberMWC, I know you're right and people are going to do what they do. If you're management or at a slightly more elevated position, that's one thing. But what a weird tradeoff for somebody to spend an hour or more in their car every day, not to mention $3/gallon gas, for an entry-level job. I sure wouldn't, unless I was damn sure that is the place I wanted to be long-term and build my career. I'm sure "the area they draw from" shifts. But from the standpoint of the powers-that-be at a company, doesn't it put you at a disadvantage?

Maybe they haven't found that to be the case because people in OKC are so used to making that work/life balance tradeoff.
    I get it, and I would agree that the entry level folks aren't going to make the drive. But there are plenty of potential entry level employees within a 15 minutes drive. For me, I cut it off at 30 minutes being the absolute max door to desk commute time. I do not intend on wasting any more time away from my family than that. Good thing is that in a post COVID world, it looks like i'll spend most of my time at home now. One of the benefits of a distributed team means that there's no extra benefit to being in a building. Of course, that's not at play with Paycom, but it COULD be in a lot ways if they wanted to.

What they have shown is that they are creating a brand in buildings too. If you immediately recognize a structure as brand X, then ok. I don't know that brand recognition for a HR services company is important in the slightest, but ok. It could also be, "hey, we've got this design from OKC, so let's just use that and make minor changes. It'll save on the architect charges". <-my money is on this

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I get it, and I would agree that the entry level folks aren't going to make the drive. But there are plenty of potential entry level employees within a 15 minutes drive. For me, I cut it off at 30 minutes being the absolute max door to desk commute time. I do not intend on wasting any more time away from my family than that. Good thing is that in a post COVID world, it looks like i'll spend most of my time at home now. One of the benefits of a distributed team means that there's no extra benefit to being in a building. Of course, that's not at play with Paycom, but it COULD be in a lot ways if they wanted to.

What they have shown is that they are creating a brand in buildings too. If you immediately recognize a structure as brand X, then ok. I don't know that brand recognition for a HR services company is important in the slightest, but ok. It could also be, "hey, we've got this design from OKC, so let's just use that and make minor changes. It'll save on the architect charges". <-my money is on this
    There's also internal branding, which being on the inside, I can tell you Paycom is pretty keen on. If at some point they want to expand a department down to the DFW office and they convince some people to move to DFW, then it creates a more seamless/familiar experience and ability to feel like you're still part of the same organization.

Chesapeake's campus probably doesn't meet Paycom's threshold for security from a physical perspective, so I think that would also be a non starter.

5. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    There's also internal branding, which being on the inside, I can tell you Paycom is pretty keen on. If at some point they want to expand a department down to the DFW office and they convince some people to move to DFW, then it creates a more seamless/familiar experience and ability to feel like you're still part of the same organization.

Chesapeake's campus probably doesn't meet Paycom's threshold for security from a physical perspective, so I think that would also be a non starter.
    I can definintely see that. It's the good or bad of the way CHK built. They have the benefit of being set up to be able to be a campus for a number of smaller businesses now. IF they keep their CHK heads in it and realize that if they dont offer the emmenities as part of the "campus", then they're going to lose them. The much smaller CHK can't afford to maintain all of that and are going to have to share. Things like all of those eateries and the fitness center are going to have to me shared or they're going to close and have to convert to something else that can lease the space. There are examples of how this has worked around town (think 7725 Connect) and examples of how the developer couldn't quite put the right imagination to it (Firestone). The big question will be, what does a post covid office demand look like in okc?

And swinging back to Paycom, the question still stands for them as well. Companies that are not so heavy handed (as Paycom) in their management style, are expanding their hiring to be national searches now. So in that world, the idea of people being in the same building, or needing those multiple campuses, reduces. The word of the day is "real estate cost reduction". For those people that want to work remotely, in most cases the last year has shown that they can. Paycom (and others of course to be fair) are going to have to put on a new hat for new thinking. If they don't, what they will find is that those local employees picked up a job working for someone in, say Washington, because it offered them a chance to work remotely. And we're on the lower end of the market cost too. So if a posting comes up for somewhere else, these Oklahoma folks work for less and become a lot more attractive to those firms. The Oklahoma firms, like Paycom, are going to have to step it up (and relax the hand) or those minds are going to slip right through their fingers.

Default Re: Paycom to build new offices

FYI Paycom has resumed their daily assault on Memoroal WB traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    FYI Paycom has resumed their daily assault on Memoroal WB traffic.
    The vast majority of staff does not return until August. The paid police have returned, but the actual "assault" on that traffic will begin in August. OKC HQ probably added raw headcount between 250 and 500 during WFH and essentially all of that is returning to office by end of Q3.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    The vast majority of staff does not return until August. The paid police have returned, but the actual "assault" on that traffic will begin in August. OKC HQ probably added raw headcount between 250 and 500 during WFH and essentially all of that is returning to office by end of Q3.
    Oh I’m aware of the return to work schedule, it was more tongue in cheek since they’ve got a small portion of their staff on the office.

I’d like to say I’m shocked Chad is pulling them all back, but with his management style, I can’t.

You can see the new building is well under construction in the middle of their campus.

They own all that vacant land all the way to Rockwell.

10. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

FYI, they started taking up space at 7725 Connect (aka OKC Works...the old Lucent plant) as other tenants left in the post COVID world.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    FYI, they started taking up space at 7725 Connect (aka OKC Works...the old Lucent plant) as other tenants left in the post COVID world.

Across Reno north of the Oklahoma City Outlet Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You can see the new building is well under construction in the middle of their campus.

They own all that vacant land all the way to Rockwell.

I wish they cared about architecture and built a campus as nice as those of Chesapeake or other big tech companies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I wish they cared about architecture and built a campus as nice as those of Chesapeake or other big tech companies.
    We're lucky to have Paycom headquartered in Oklahoma City. They have a nice campus in Grapevine, TX

Let's not forget what happened to Oklahoma City's Globe Life, now headquartered in McKinney, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    What became of the Chesapeake campus? Is it a money pit, and has no practical use for anyone. Paycom's campus, while generic, can be leased out if they ever move to another location in OKC, of it they slow down growth.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    What became of the Chesapeake campus? Is it a money pit, and has no practical use for anyone. Paycom's campus, while generic, can be leased out if they ever move to another location in OKC, of it they slow down growth.
    Lease out to whom? Tons of empty spaces downtown are still desperately looking for tenants, many of those are pretty "generic." It isn't about the architecture, it's the location, the cost, the economy, the talent pool, you can still build something nice with a tight budget, not easy, but not impossible, just be thoughtful and creative, and probably work with serious, passionate architects. The main problem with ugly buildings is it hurts the eyes of the public, and the employees (especially the talents the company want to recruit), that's why employers everywhere pay big bucks to come up with creative, vibrant offices to attract the new grads nowadays, just like football programs across the country are building the nicest stadiums, locker rooms, gyms to compete the highest ranked recruits.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Where do you get the idea that Chesapeake is a money pit and unusable for others. There are a number of great buildings that stand alone and can be bought/leased for lots of office use. Chesapeake is actually built great for breaking up into pieces and not large monolithic structures. Have you ever been around the Chesapeake campus?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Where do you get the idea that Chesapeake is a money pit and unusable for others. There are a number of great buildings that stand alone and can be bought/leased for lots of office use. Chesapeake is actually built great for breaking up into pieces and not large monolithic structures. Have you ever been around the Chesapeake campus?
    Yeah I was wonder that as well. We are fortunate to have a campus like Chesapeake even if its only half finished. Not sure where Chesapeake sees itself but they should market the property to try and lure an HQ from out of state here and downsize.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Yeah I was wonder that as well. We are fortunate to have a campus like Chesapeake even if its only half finished. Not sure where Chesapeake sees itself but they should market the property to try and lure an HQ from out of state here and downsize.
    We could also look to what they did with the Sprint Campus in Overland Park, KS.
    > The Overland Park City Council voted unanimously Monday to approve a rezoning request by Occidental Management, allowing a redevelopment plan for the former Sprint world headquarters campus to move forward.

> Occidental Management's development calls for 600 residential units, 1.1 million square feet of office space, 375,000 square feet of retail space and a 120-room hotel.

> In addition, the approval will allow about 60 additional acres of the 207-acre property to be transformed into a community destination and gathering place.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...-sprint-campus

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    We could also look to what they did with the Sprint Campus in Overland Park, KS.

i would think the CHK campus is way too nice to be a serious candidate for what would be an extremely costly residential conversion.

Would be a pretty ideal location though, especially given that NW 63rd would be a likely station if commuter rail ever goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    > The Overland Park City Council voted unanimously Monday to approve a rezoning request by Occidental Management, allowing a redevelopment plan for the former Sprint world headquarters campus to move forward.

> Occidental Management's development calls for 600 residential units, 1.1 million square feet of office space, 375,000 square feet of retail space and a 120-room hotel.

> In addition, the approval will allow about 60 additional acres of the 207-acre property to be transformed into a community destination and gathering place.

There are also several vacant spots. If you could build a 8 to 12 story condo or apartment tower the views here would be incredible. Hell even from the ground level you can see the rotunda of the state capital and the top half of the downtown skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Would be a pretty ideal location though, especially given that NW 63rd would be a likely station if commuter rail ever goes through.
    Yes and 63rd St. needs to be completely rebuilt added with protected bike lanes.

Rather than lure one company in, the Chesapeake Campus could be an interesting incubation hub for start-ups and new companies. I know there are already plans for an innovation district, but bringing lots of start-ups together into the same space to spur collaboration and entrepreneurship would be an interesting experiment.

24. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

There are actually places like this all over town. They are a little difficult to find if you dont know who to ask though. And they are pretty empty. It could be that having them in one spot where they could have access to things like the gym would be nice. Or it could be that people that would make use of them don't want to commute to a space.

In the post covid world, I think you'll actually see the 1-2 person incubator spaces not being a thing as so many people are now used to officing from home. Set up a PO Box and you're done. Need a public meeting space, well you can do that somewhere that doesn't cost you $500 a month for a 14x14 room. If the CHK space converts like this, personally I think the small business space (10 or so) is going to be the way to go. You can have small spaces for companies like that with shared conference/kitchen/etc space. Think of it like the college apartment, for business.

Paycom planning to build another, much larger parking garage:

Thread Information