Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Paycom Headquarters

Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Seems to me that Chad Richison is the most important UCO alumni alive and Paycom is the most coveted type business in the modern American economy. IMO that makes him the biggest fish in the OKC pond. How big is he gonna be in the DFW pond if he moves?
    Randall Stephenson is the most important UCO alum alive.

LMAO Paycom isn't moving to dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Hard agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    My wife is a 7 year employee with Paycom and I know that the vast majority of people in her role love the work from home option. With the advent of zoom and other services like this, it makes it much more convenient for them. There is a pretty good percentage of employees though that need to work in the office. But for the "customer facing" via phone employees have no reason to be in the office as long as productivity stays within what is considered acceptable.
    I suspect moral will go down for a time when a lot of these companies attempt to "go back to normal" . Sure, there is a great benefit to employees working in the same building for collaboration purposes, but for a lot of these bigger companies there is nothing about the job that can't be done virtually. Its more about micromanagement and control. Its easier to pretend the office politics nonsense doesn't exist when your WFH. Don't get me wrong it still very much exists even in virtual form.

The successful companies will be the ones that blend the two together.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I suspect moral will go down for a time when a lot of these companies attempt to "go back to normal" . Sure, there is a great benefit to employees working in the same building for collaboration purposes, but for a lot of these bigger companies there is nothing about the job that can't be done virtually. Its more about micromanagement and control. Its easier to pretend the office politics nonsense doesn't exist when your WFH. Don't get me wrong it still very much exists even in virtual form.

Agree 100%

I knew Richison had given and pledged quite a bit of money to UCO the last few years, and appears to be prepared to give more. I had not heard of Mr. Stephenson's giving to the school.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post

very much this... i know on my side of software development, output and response times have actually skyrocketed, and part of that is because we now only have meetings when we actually have them, and not just constantly as an excuse to get away from the desk for a few minutes. The companies that are able to blend an idea of WFH along with still setting some office norms, weill be the real winners.

^

And similarly, employees/contractors who are self-motivated and disciplined enough to get their work done will have a leg-up on those who are easily distracted at home.

Blog Entries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...klahoma_people

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I knew Richison had given and pledged quite a bit of money to UCO the last few years, and appears to be prepared to give more. I had not heard of Mr. Stephenson's giving to the school.
    It's been a few years, but the AT&T donation for the UCO Forensic Science building was his work.

I rate Randall Stephenson higher because IMO a Forensic Science facility and program is more useful than an athletics building. Though maybe I'm forgetting all of what Chad Richison has donated for.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    It's been a few years, but the AT&T donation for the UCO Forensic Science building was his work.

I rate Randall Stephenson higher because IMO a Forensic Science facility and program is more useful than an athletics building. Though maybe I'm forgetting all of what Chad Richison has donated for.
    First off, I think the University and Oklahoma City are blessed to claim both as our own. And since my father was 36 years with AT&T, I have to say the company helped make me who I am. But, I think Mr. Richison staying local and building a big company which is still in the ascent phase is why I rated him more highly.

They are both good -

Stephenson. ATT Market cap. 204 billion. .52 Dividend

Richison PAYC Market cap. 24 billion No Dividend

They are both good -

Stephenson. ATT Market cap. 204 billion. .52 Dividend

Richison PAYC Market cap. 24 billion No Dividend
    stephenson net worth 140 mil

Richison net worth 2.3 billion

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall Stephenson who is retiring with a pension of $64 million—or $274,000 a month for the rest of this life. This golden parachute comes after averaging $30 million in total compensation the last three years of Stephenson's tenure.

Not a bad retirement as long as your'e breathing -

15. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

too bad Randall can't move at&t hq to OKC (although Dallas is closer than San Antonio was). ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

This is the new 5-story building that should be starting soon. Will be taller than the rest and look a bit different.

Is the adjacent drive in movie theater they announced still in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Is the adjacent drive in movie theater they announced still in the works?
    Yes, I believe so but they later said it would be for employees only and private events.

After the huge positive response on social media, I've been lobbying Chisholm Creek to do something similar as they have tons of open lots and the movies would help feed all their restaurants and businesses. They are looking into it.

I still think it should be for employees plus anyone who has their payroll processed by Paycom.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, I believe so but they later said it would be for employees only and private events.

After the huge positive response on social media, I've been lobbying Chisholm Creek to do something similar as they have tons of open lots and the movies would help feed all their restaurants and businesses. They are looking into it.
    They're doing a movies on the lawn thing there soon, I think? I

21. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

Omg they are taking up perfectly good parking for another building!? This is what we don't need more of!

What is their long term goal? Given the perspective of Paycom being this new, “trendy” high-tech company that is growing, their campus has to be one of the most bland and boring ones. Do they plan to simply keep adding more of these buildings every other year? It would really suck if they’re just building a disposable campus so someday they can move to another city like Dallas or Denver and build a real high tech campus like what you see with Google or Apple.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    What is their long term goal? Given the perspective of Paycom being this new, “trendy” high-tech company that is growing, their campus has to be one of the most bland and boring ones. Do they plan to simply keep adding more of these buildings every other year? It would really suck if they’re just building a disposable campus so someday they can move to another city like Dallas or Denver and build a real high tech campus like what you see with Google or Apple.
    Google and Apple are magnitudes larger. And, they started basically the same way. They didn't just early on exist as they do today. They didn't pick downtowns for growth. You are comparing apples to oranges. Maybe some day, but probably not. Look at the two at similar times of their existence and growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Google and Apple are magnitudes larger. And, they started basically the same way. They didn't just early on exist as they do today. They didn't pick downtowns for growth. You are comparing apples to oranges. Maybe some day, but probably not. Look at the two at similar times of their existence and growth.
    Good point. My concern was just the lack of what seems to be any real plan for the campus. Paycom should develop a master plan as we see today a big part of luring top talent is appealing work environments.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Good point. My concern was just the lack of what seems to be any real plan for the campus. Paycom should develop a master plan as we see today a big part of luring top talent is appealing work environments.
    I don’t think this has ever been part of the culture, from what I’ve heard from EE’s. And corporate culture is a lot like the Titanic. Not at all easy to course correct.

Thread Information