Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: National Basketball Association

Default Re: National Basketball Association

Although he is no stranger to controversy, these were interesting comments by Mark Cuban tonight, prior to the Mavericks - Clippers game in LA.

Mark Cuban, Dallas Mavericks owners, takes jabs at Los Angeles Clippers ahead of first meeting

"Look, the Clippers are the Clippers," Cuban said while surrounded by media on the Staples Center sideline before the game. "You can change the players, you can change the owner, but the Clippers are who they've been for the last 30 years.

"I mean, I don't hate the Clippers. That's a strong word. I don't hate anybody on the Clippers. I pretty much hate anybody who doesn't have Mavericks or Dallas across their chest, but again, I just don't give a s--- about the Clippers. Maybe that explains it."
    The final score for tonight's game: Clippers 105 - Mavericks 88.

Coincidence? Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Although he is no stranger to controversy, these were interesting comments by Mark Cuban tonight, prior to the Mavericks - Clippers game in LA.

Mark Cuban, Dallas Mavericks owners, takes jabs at Los Angeles Clippers ahead of first meeting

The final score for tonight's game: Clippers 105 - Mavericks 88.

Coincidence? Hmmmmm.
    This score is to be expected given Dallas FA season moves (or lack thereof)

Blog Entries

Was glad to see Cuban offered to fly Doc Rivers and Clips front office guys to Flip Saunders funeral after the game. Despite all the things during off season, nice to see a classy gesture there.

Blog Entries

Rumble the Bison pumps up the crowd inside Chesapeake Energy Arena on Opening Night.
    Photo by Zach Beeker | OKC Thunder

Blog Entries

Kristaps Porzingis (PF) Age - 20, 7' 3'" 240lbs., $4,131,720

“He's really different,” Thunder coach Bill Donovan said. “The one thing I give him credit for as a young guy in this being his first year, he comes across with a great level of confidence and belief in himself. He obviously stretches the floor, he shoots it from behind the 3, he can put it on the floor. He's really a unique player and I think he's going to be an unbelievable player in this league.”
    How Kristaps Porzingis could have been on the Thunder | FOX Sports

Blog Entries

FAREWELL TO KOBE BRYANT (aka: Black Mamba)

Despite the controversy that surrounds Kobe over the last 10 years; he has had an 'impact' on raising the profile of the NBA. Time for the Black Mamba to put on his pajamas...

Hats off to the L. A. Lakers' organization. They were the first NBA team to host pre season (exhibition) games when OKC opened the Peake. Those crowds averaged in the 13,000 range; then the Katrina story put the spotlight on OKC as a temporary home.

We had no idea that an NBA franchise would some day call Oklahoma City home.

The two years of average attendance when the Hornets were based in Oklahoma City:

2005-2006 - 18,168
    2006-2007 - 17,833

Now we're a solid NBA franchise on financial footing with 214 consecutive sellouts of 18,203 dating back to the 2010 NBA season; Kobe Bryant was the marquee player on those initial exhibition games played in Oklahoma City.

Blog Entries

NBA referee Bill Kennedy reveals he is gay; Rajon Rondo made alleged homosexual slur to him

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-ref...174255321.html

8. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

NBA referee Bill Kennedy reveals he is gay; Rajon Rondo made alleged homosexual slur to him

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-ref...174255321.html
    Rondo went off the wheels. He needs more than one game suspension. No reason to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Rondo went off the wheels. He needs more than one game suspension. No reason to do that.
    Interesting for sure. On a "somewhat" similar note, Kevin Durant made an interesting comment last night, while being interviewed. When asked about a play that Serge Ibaka made against Utah Jazz player Gordon Hayward. He commented that he "Was impressed with the play, because Hayward is pretty athletic, for a white guy." I don't personally have a problem with the comment, and found it somewhat humerous...but, what would the national reaction be right now, if the roles were reversed..and some random white player made a similar "he's pretty smart.....for a black guy" type comment. Just struck me as odd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Before this comment Rondo was one of my least favorit players in the league. Super duper sour puss!

hopefully he gets more than just the 1 game.
    Deserves at least 15 games. Period

Blog Entries

NBA All Star early return results are:

https://twitter.com/NBATV

Oklahoma City Thunder front court Durant #2 & guard Westbrook #2 would be starters if results remain the same when the final tallies are counted.

Vote early & often. You are allowed to vote once every 24 hours. NBA All-Star Ballot

Blog Entries

These new State Farm commercials with D. Jordan as the mom, CP3, Garnett, etc.. are funny!!!! The one with "no rings" was just on.

Blog Entries

Dick Bavetta (left), retired the end of 2015 and Joey Crawford (right) will retire 2016.
    The two oldest referees in the NBA; these guys had eyes like a hawk & could hear like an eagle. NBA will lose two of their seasoned dinosaurs within the last 2 seasons.

15. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Lots of respect for Bavetta, but Crawford... ...not so much. Not that he doesn't have incredible experience or an excellent grasp of the rules he enforces. The problem with Crawford is that he has a propensity to make games about...Joey Crawford. He's an egomaniac.

I remember when Crawford ejected Tim Duncan for laughing on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Here it is. It's beyond absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    That was huge. Crawford was suspended and had to go to anger management classes and therapy. But, to his credit, he said he came out of it all not just a better referee but a better person. There was a whole series of stuff with Crawford before that, but the Tim Duncan incident was the straw that broke the camel's back.

19. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Here's a nice on:

20. Default Re: National Basketball Association

One of my favorites...you can hear me booing in the background:

Good riddance Crawford. As entertaining as he was, I didn't think much of his officiating.

screw Kobe. Rumor is he is trying to recruit Durant and or Westbrook to LA.

Is the national media that desperate to make the Lakers relevant again?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Good riddance Crawford. As entertaining as he was, I didn't think much of his officiating.
    I will LOL if he dies of a heart attack officiating his last game. All he was was a puppet for David Stern to make sure the Lakers and LeBron James' team won.

25. Default Re: National Basketball Association

^^^^^^
    I'm no fan of Crawford, but I think that's a pretty awful statement.

Thread Information