address=205 N. Walnut
    sq. feet=2,181 SF
    acreage=.2128 acres

|image=
    Information & Latest News

Links

County Assessor Record
    Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	building.com.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	7727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	205nwalnut4.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	10603   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	205nwalnut3.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	10604   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	205nwalnut2.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	10605   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	205nwalnut1.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	10606  

Default Re: 205 N Walnut

Mark McDonald and Darell McDonald. Bought it back in 2006 for $285,000. The building itself is only 2,181 square feet but it looks like there is some space behind it. Here is the county assessor page of it:

Leonard Sullivan Oklahoma County Assessor Real Property Detail Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Mark McDonald and Darell McDonald. Bought it back in 2006 for $285,000. The building itself is only 2,181 square feet but it looks like there is some space behind it. Here is the county assessor page of it:

Leonard Sullivan Oklahoma County Assessor Real Property Detail Sheet
    Would be a great place for another small pub, could have some outdoor seating, etc. I do suspect the south facing side and the concrete will need too much work to make it viable.

Blog Entries

This is one of those places that would have to have a rooftop... yeah there's the parking lot there, but the view overlooking Bricktown...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    This is one of those places that would have to have a rooftop... yeah there's the parking lot there, but the view overlooking Bricktown...
    Absolutely. Some of those trees might have to be trimmed/cut down. Not sure what, if any, kind of damage those trees have done to the foundation/structure of the building. I am curious what kind of shape the building is in. Of course, once something does get put in there, get ready for the "Where is everyone going to park?" comments even though there is a huge parking lot south of it. It would be cool for Jim Thompson (owner of aLoft) to buy it and make it a restaurant and people can park in the aLoft parking garage.

It was open the other day so I walked in and looked around. There was a ladder and some minor construction tools lying around. It's a lot bigger than I thought. I figured something was going to happen with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    It would be cool for Jim Thompson (owner of aLoft) to buy it and make it a restaurant and people can park in the aLoft parking garage.
    I'm cool with this idea, but I want him to fill the Aloft restaurant space first.

We look in this building often, it gives a "haunted" feel to it at night. I really like it.

However, it looks like a lot of work from the outside. The foundation looks pretty washed out and the tree roots look to have a part in this. Bulldozer may be only feasible option.

Blog Entries

Obviously saving the building would be preferable, but a new structure on this site would be okay. I was shocked that Aloft didn't buy it originally to incorporate into their site.

11. Default Re: 205 N Walnut

Quick, someone call Steve Mason. It's not any further gone than the houses on 9th were...

I sure hope not....

I will try and get some more photos of this place. I have been wanting to, already.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I'm cool with this idea, but I want him to fill the Aloft restaurant space first.
    Of course.

Recent photo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brick.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	1,001.8 KB 
ID:	7730

16. Default Re: 205 N Walnut

March 2014

Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Not sure the address of the small building just south of Aloft, but it seems ripe for development, especially with all the outdoor space who owns it?

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	10573

Views:	289 
Size:	3.33 MB 
ID:	10574

Views:	239 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	10575

Feel free to separate this into its own thread.

Blog Entries

I think it has one... yeah many have had dreams for that building over the years... I think Pete said a family bought it not all that long ago...

Every single time I walk by I dream of opening a bar there.

I also didn't realize there was that much space back there. That would make an awesome beer garden.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I also didn't realize there was that much space back there. That would make an awesome beer garden.
    Yeah. I couldn't believe how much space there was in the back. It really could be an incredible environment as its sunk in next to Aloft, but the trees could be trimmed to still provide a nice view of Bricktown/downtown.

It's been owned by the same group for the last nine years.

Don't know what they are waiting for... Either develop the property or get it in the hands of someone who will.

Could be so cool. It's about 2,100 square feet on almost a quarter acre, so there is lots of potential.

I think a coffee shop would be a great fit. Every building doesn't have to be a bar or dinner restaurant, especially if we are building a neighborhood and not just a district. We need daytime uses to balance things out.

Also, someone should report this property to the City's action line for graffiti.

If the property owners start getting fined, they'll be far more motivated to do something with the property.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I think a coffee shop would be a great fit. Every building doesn't have to be a bar or dinner restaurant, especially if we are building a neighborhood and not just a district. We need daytime uses to balance things out.
    There is a coffee shop going in one block away... I think a lot of concepts could work here. Personally, I really love the coffee house + bar (with light food options) combination that keeps the space active from 7am to 2am. I'm not sure the huge outdoor space is conducive to coffee though, right? Not many coffee shops seem to have/use large outdoor spaces as computer screens and reading/studying/working doesn't go as well with the glare of the sun and gusts of wind...

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    There is a coffee shop going in one block away... I think a lot of concepts could work here. Personally, I really love the coffee house + bar (with light food options) combination that keeps the space active from 7am to 2am. I'm not sure the huge outdoor space is conducive to coffee though, right? Not many coffee shops seem to have/use large outdoor spaces as computer screens and reading/studying/working doesn't go as well with the glare of the sun and gusts of wind...
    If we are simply going off of nearby concepts, there are 6 bars (including restaurants with serious bars) within a block, and only 1 coffee shop.

Perhaps a breakfast diner with a lunch patio?

Thread Information