Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma City Council OKs $1.25M for housing in TIF district

Blog Entries

Default Oklahoma City Council OKs $1.25M for housing in TIF district

Which housing project is this? Are there actual plans? Is this the one across from the ALOFT?

Default Re: Oklahoma City Council OKs $1.25M for housing in TIF district

Was there an article on this today, or did you watch the City Council meeting? I watched part of the meeting and didn't hear anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Was there an article on this today, or did you watch the City Council meeting? I watched part of the meeting and didn't hear anything about it.
    Spartan mentioned in the other TIF thread that they gave McKown that money for his Maywood apartment development. I think he was watching the meeting live.

4. Default Re: Oklahoma City Council OKs $1.25M for housing in TIF district

Yes, it is the 2nd/3rd/Walnut project. "Center City Apartments" 228 units, $18 million, complete by mid-2012.

I posted the full JR article in this thread:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=24189

Blog Entries

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shane453 View Post
    Yes, it is the 2nd/3rd/Walnut project. "Center City Apartments" 228 units, $18 million, complete by mid-2012.
    That's not the name of it though, but that is the project.

The race is on between the aLoft and the Ideal apartments.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    That's not the name of it though, but that is the project.
    I think that is what confused me.

Thanks.

10. Default Re: Oklahoma City Council OKs $1.25M for housing in TIF district

I wasn't aware the development had a name- the moniker I put in quotes I figured was a placeholder name. In all official public documents it is referred to simply as Center City Residential Project.

That might be because the name is going to be somewhat exciting and provocative.

That might be because the name is going to be somewhat exciting and provocative.
    So it's going to have some to do with the Lingerie Football League? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    So it's going to have some to do with the Lingerie Football League? LOL
    LFL is actually somewhat close, interestingly.

Someone help me here....The other thread had "Level Urban Apartments". If this is the same project (the TIF amount was the same), not seeing what is "exciting and provocative" or Lingerie Football League sounding about it. Level urban sounds like they reduced a multilevel apartment building to just the ground floor. What is urban about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Someone help me here....The other thread had "Level Urban Apartments". If this is the same project (the TIF amount was the same), not seeing what is "exciting and provocative" or Lingerie Football League sounding about it. Level urban sounds like they reduced a multilevel apartment building to just the ground floor. What is urban about that?
    same poject

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    It should actually just be LEVEL and his signage is going to reverse the "EL" at the end for the visual effect to of an anagram. I don't know, I'm kinda nerdy and thought it was really cool, but that's just me.

It should actually just be LEVEL and his signage is going to reverse the "EL" at the end for the visual effect to of an anagram. I don't know, I'm kinda nerdy and thought it was really cool, but that's just me.
    Actually, now that you point out the anagram and how the signage will look, I think it's cool too. Very minimalist. I do know he had to spend quite some time working around the change in elevation on the block, so perhaps that's why the name came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Actually, now that you point out the anagram and how the signage will look, I think it's cool too. Very minimalist. I do know he had to spend quite some time working around the change in elevation on the block, so perhaps that's why the name came to mind.
    I can understand though why some people who aren't nerds like me might be a little unimpressed by the name, but I hope the signage will be able to sell it. You can sell anything with a cool sign. When I start developing lots in OKC I'm going to name a project "Uncle Jethroe's Cabin" (don't worry, it won't be in Deep Deuce) and have a really cool sign that pulls it off.

I can understand though why some people who aren't nerds like me might be a little unimpressed by the name, but I hope the signage will be able to sell it. You can sell anything with a cool sign. When I start developing lots in OKC I'm going to name a project "Uncle Jethroe's Cabin" (don't worry, it won't be in Deep Deuce) and have a really cool sign that pulls it off.
    Lol, be careful... you might just get people who shop at Bass Pro thinking they could actually see themselves living downtown.

Blog Entries

Developing property and marketing are two different arts. Being good at one obviously doesn't qualify one as being good at the other. People need to know what they are really good at and stick with it and let professionals do the other stuff.

21. Default Re: Oklahoma City Council OKs $1.25M for housing in TIF district

You're depressing. Dream a little. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Developing property and marketing are two different arts. Being good at one obviously doesn't qualify one as being good at the other. People need to know what they are really good at and stick with it and let professionals do the other stuff.
    But for some reason, even the people who hate the name just can't stop talking about it. Sounds like pretty good marketing to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    But for some reason, even the people who hate the name just can't stop talking about it. Sounds like pretty good marketing to me.
    I doubt anyone outside of a few people on this board are talking about it yet.

And contrary to some opinions, all publicity is NOT good publicity. People talking about something being bad is not good.

Specific to this name, I have no idea if it is a good or bad name, but there certainly are professional ways to find that out. Unfortunately many people use opinion, not science.

Thread Information