Widgets Magazine
Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1772

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

It was around 6:30 PM when we were there. It was nothing like that. Holiday weekend dinnertime, I expect most people were like us, visiting friends and family instead of shopping, the reason we were in that part of town at all.

It felt slam packed at around 4:30-5pm yesterday. Lines that made it hard to move around near the checkout area although they still moved quickly.

3. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, the Sam's at 39th and May always has a DirecTV harasser.

I actually go out of my way to avoid that area. It is really, really annoying.
    Same at the NW Expressway store. I actually have had some fun with different answers to their query as I'm walking by.

Some of the best reactions came from "If I told you I'd have to kill you" and "That's classified."

Once, while in a bad mood I responded with "None of your business." My wife was mortified, which lightened my mood a bit. I kinda felt bad afterward though. After all, they are only doing their job. But leave me alone!

if you know anyone without insurance, tell them costco has amazing prescription prices for the uninsured.... i got my depakote for 15/mo instead of 280 before i cured myself with the keto diet!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Same at the NW Expressway store. I actually have had some fun with different answers to their query as I'm walking by.

Some of the best reactions came from "If I told you I'd have to kill you" and "That's classified."

Once, while in a bad mood I responded with "None of your business." My wife was mortified, which lightened my mood a bit. I kinda felt bad afterward though. After all, they are only doing their job. But leave me alone!
    I'm waiting for the next opportunity to use "No questions!" or better yet, to have my wife step in and say that for me.

It is crazy annoying and whatever income that get from this setup is more than offset IMO with bad will they are creating.

It is crazy annoying and whatever income that get from this setup is more than offset IMO with bad will they are creating.
    You would think, wouldn't you? But it must be working, because they still keep doing it. I find myself trying to look busy/preoccupied as I pass by those areas, just so I don't have to deal with them.

My go to response is “I already have your service”. Best response to allow for no rebuttals

9. Default Re: Costco

I've never seen so many people line up for a "free pairing knife."

Went last night at 7PM and it was completely manageable.

Seems like the crowds have leveled off.

Its not bad on weeknights. Sunday though, nope, I won't do that again anytime soon.

Blog Entries

Not bad during weekdays. Went around Noon mid-week and the area that was most busy was the food court.

As much as I have griped about the lack of self-checkout or anything like Sam's Scan & Go, on my 2 trips they have been lightning fast in getting me and those in front of me through the line.

In fact, the cashier politely but firmly was pushing people along: "Just leave that in the cart; I've got it. You can put your card in now. Okay, pull your card out -- you're done."

It's always the people screwing around that hold things up, like the lady who waits until everything is scanned and only then starts digging around for her checkbook, then stands there writing it into the ledger and then digs for her keys and sunglasses while the checker has been completely done for awhile. More commonly, it's the person who doesn't even find their charge card until the checker is done. But Costco trains their employees to do all this for them so the line moves. (BTW, QuikTrip does a great job of this. Takes the card from the person, swipes it, tells them to enter the PIN and they quickly gets them on their way.)

14. Default Re: Costco

As much as I have griped about the lack of self-checkout or anything like Sam's Scan & Go, on my 2 trips they have been lightning fast in getting me and those in front of me through the line.

In fact, the cashier politely but firmly was pushing people along: "Just leave that in the cart; I've got it. You can put your card in now. Okay, pull your card out -- you're done."

It's always the people screwing around that hold things up, like the lady who waits until everything is scanned and only then starts digging around for her checkbook, then stands there writing it into the ledger and then digs for her keys and sunglasses while the checker has been completely done for awhile. More commonly, it's the person who doesn't even find their charge card until the checker is done. But Costco trains their employees to do all this for them so the line moves. (BTW, QuikTrip does a great job of this. Takes the card from the person, swipes it, tells them to enter the PIN and they quickly gets them on their way.)
    Next to people who slow down on highway entrance ramps as they approach traffic then merge directly into the side of a car on the highway, you just outlined my second worst pet-peeve. Luckily few people use checks anymore.

Blog Entries

Things I’ve gotten there so far and short view about it:

1. Salmon with Basil Pesto Butter - very good. 45 minutes in oven and quite tasty.
    2. Sungold Kiwis - delicious
    3. Kirkland Signature Toilet Paper - I’ll pass on it. Think they may have a higher level which may be OK.
    4, Kirkland paper towels - nope...pass again.
    5. Kirkland golf balls - these are highly reviewed and i like em

Blog Entries

Forgot - the Solar Eclipse Sun Hat is great at only about $12.

QUOTE=okatty;1079320]Things I’ve gotten there so far and short view about it:

1. Salmon with Basil Pesto Butter - very good. 45 minutes in oven and quite tasty.
    2. Sungold Kiwis - delicious
    3. Kirkland Signature Toilet Paper - I’ll pass on it. Think they may have a higher level which may be OK.
    4, Kirkland paper towels - nope...pass again.
    5. Kirkland golf balls - these are highly reviewed and i like em[/QUOTE]

Blog Entries

So what do you guys like to buy at Costco?

I deleted a bunch of posts.

Can you get into Costco without a membership card?

1. Costco checks for cards when you enter the store. Some greeters may let you in to look around, particularly when a store is new. But they may also completely turn you away.

2. You can go to the pharmacy without a card, just tell them when entering.

19. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    I've only visited once so far. I grabbed a few snack items that I haven't seen in Sam's. I did notice the Kirkland golf balls and wanted to do a little research before I bought them (not that it matters much with my game anyway) . I want to go back and try a few selections from the meat counter.

The checkout was fairly quick - though I still did miss the ultimate convenience of the scan & go app.

Blog Entries

^I'd encourage you to try the golf balls!

https://mygolfspy.com/most-wanted-golf-ball

21. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    We don't have any regular items yet.

However, so far we've bought some heat and eat meals = all were really good.

I also bought a 7' tall solar powered street lamp. Works really really well and stays lit all night!

Going to go back to pick up a couple of gift items. Sam's is still too close to my house for Costco to be a regular stop for general household stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    We don't have any regular items yet.

However, so far we've bought some heat and eat meals = all were really good.

I also bought a 7' tall solar powered street lamp. Works really really well and stays lit all night!

Going to go back to pick up a couple of gift items. Sam's is still too close to my house for Costco to be a regular stop for general household stuff.
    How bright is it? It's been a few years since I've tried one, but the last one I tried was about as bright as a birthday candle.

I got a new smoker for Father’s Day, so I’m gonna have to check out the meat selection soon.

Blog Entries

Heads up if you got the membership coupons when you opened your account, they expire this weekend. Heads up #2, all the procrastinators like me where there tonight cashing em in! . So it’s really gonna be busy this weekend!

25. Default Re: Costco

Costco updated their iOS app recently. You now can have your card digitally in there instead of carrying a physical one.

Thread Information