Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartland HQ

Default Re: Heartland HQ

Nice, once topped out, we should start seeing the glass windows being installed!

Pretty much topped-out:

Super impressive

Forgive my ignorance, when it comes to construction build outs. However, a co worker and I comment everyday when seeing this building, that it doesn't look like there is space built for elevators. Am I mistaken, in thinking, that an elevator shaft, or atleast a cutout section of flooring would be in place already? From ground level...looking at the building from all angles, I cant seem to locate where this would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, when it comes to construction build outs. However, a co worker and I comment everyday when seeing this building, that it doesn't look like there is space built for elevators. Am I mistaken, in thinking, that an elevator shaft, or atleast a cutout section of flooring would be in place already? From ground level...looking at the building from all angles, I cant seem to locate where this would be.
    From the previous renderings that Pete posted (http://www.okctalk.com/content.php?r...for-Auto-Alley), it appears the elevators will go just north of the stairwells on the north side of the building. I have looked back at the last two pages and can't find a specific pic that would show the cut outs or not. That was my biggest question and that I don't see any sort of reinforced steel for the hovering office, or whatever you want to call it, on the sixth floor that faces east. Maybe that will come later.

What's the construction cost on this? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    i was wondering the same thing?? I walk by this all the time and always wondered. when the Monarch got built, i think elevator shafts got built first...but i'm far from being an expert on construction build outs.

The elevators are just south of the stairs on the north end. You can even see the shaft and stairs 4 window columns from the left here:

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    What's the construction cost on this? Just curious.
    If I’m ballparking it, probably around $50 million

Do some cities almost mandate tower cranes be used for EVERY tower (I am looking at you, Portland)? They had 2-story developments with tower cranes when I was there last summer, yet this 6 or 7 story tower doesn't. Seems like some cities like to artificially inflate their tower crane #s.

Either way, it is astonishing how fast they got this tower built!

I am not smart about office building construction, but, I’m guessing the elevators and stairs will be on the far eastern side of the building. The south view shows the footprint going farther east-west than the north view. I think the area where the crane currently sits and north of it will make up the elevators.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Do some cities almost mandate tower cranes be used for EVERY tower (I am looking at you, Portland)? They had 2-story developments with tower cranes when I was there last summer, yet this 6 or 7 story tower doesn't. Seems like some cities like to artificially inflate their tower crane #s.

Either way, it is astonishing how fast they got this tower built!
    If there’s space for a mobile crawler crane (like what is being used here) the contractor will likely use that. Tower cranes are very expensive and only used when there is no space.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    If there’s space for a mobile crawler crane (like what is being used here) the contractor will likely use that. Tower cranes are very expensive and only used when there is no space.
    What is being used is a mobile crane. More specifically an All Terrain mobile crane. Mobile cranes and crawler cranes are two different classes. There are several factors used to determine which type of crane will be used. The main factors to consider are weight, Height, distance, duration, and available space.

A crawler will require the most space, tower the least.
    A mobile crane is cheapest in and out, tower crane the most expensive in and out.
    The longer the duration of a project, the more a tower crane makes sense. Once built, tower cranes are the cheapest to operate and mobile cranes are-generally the most expensive of the three.

The type of construction makes a difference too. It doesn't make much sense to use a mobile crane if your building a concrete building like Omni hotel, Devon, etc where your constantly lifting steel, concrete buckets, and forms.

That formerly reddish garage is now a light beige color.

Would be so much nicer if they would invest in metal cladding with climbing vines.

Beige is definitely OKC's preferred color.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    Beige is definitely OKC's preferred color.
    Use the lot as a YMCA member. It looks much nicer than before with the beige color. The garage on a good day doesn't reach 10% of the spaces it has available. Driven from the bottom to the top; only the bottom level is used with a few occupied spaces on the second level. Elevator is accessible from all levels.

Heartland employees will increase occupancy.

Plutonic Panda, there are vines growing in one area on the north side of the lot. Good suggestion about the metal cladding with climbing vines.

Blog Entries

Saturday:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190831_194636.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	15566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190831_185259.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	15567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190831_185411.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	15568

They haven't started installing glass yet? Seems like construction has slowed, it seems like this project should be further along.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    They haven't started installing glass yet? Seems like construction has slowed, it seems like this project should be further along.
    Groundwork started about 7 months ago. It’s moving along fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like a lot of parking violations if you ask me... Haha!

Thread Information