Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Edge Craft BBQ

Default Re: Edge Craft BBQ

Thanks a lot for the photos. Super jealous. Hope to try it out someday

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Martin can probably verify if I'm correct on this since he makes sausages but I think the fat percent is usually about 30% in sausage.
    around 20-30% is right for most sausage recipes... it's not as if 30% of the total weight has to be trimmings to get you to that fat level. trimmings are often used to supplement the fat already present in the meat used for the grind. from a business perspective, i wonder if house-made sausage is just a good way to get some profit out of those scraps instead of just throwing them away. if that's the case, there will always be a limited amount of sausage available.

3. Default Re: Edge Craft BBQ

I went back today. I got there at about the same time (11:15) and the wait was about half (25 mins) what it was on opening day. I was impressed the first day, but they've even improved on that. The brisket was better today. I think it was just a matter of them getting used to the smoker. Last time the sausage was sold out (thanks a lot Roger S ), but I got some today. I have to say it was the best smoked sausage I've ever had. I tried the two remaining sides that I hadn't tried, potato salad and mac n cheese. The mac n cheese was really good even though I'm not a big mac n cheese guy. The potato salad was standard BBQ place fare.
    This place is now my go to place for BBQ in the city. Hopefully they will add a few more days in the future.

4. Default Re: Edge Craft BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Last time the sausage was sold out (thanks a lot Roger S ), but I got some today. I have to say it was the best smoked sausage I've ever had.
    HA! I only bought one link that day. I just ordered some of everything under orders of "You better not show back up at home without BBQ for me!" from the boss.

5. Default Re: Edge Craft BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    HA! I only bought one link that day. I just ordered some of everything under orders of "You better not show back up at home without BBQ for me!" from the boss.
    All I'm saying is after you got your order they put up the "Sold Out" sign for the sausage. Not that I hold a grudge or anything

I'm glad to see them doing so well.

OKC needs more quality BBQ and less of the average-at-best stuff.

You guys are really selling me on this sausage.

I thought about going but got caught up with work. Also, TBH I'm a little concerned about standing in line with people. No, not because I don't want to wait, but because I wonder if there is adequate distancing going on.

Really I wish they did curbside pickup on call-ahead orders. I know it's not how they're set up, and I get it, but things are changing rapidly right now and the way I felt about this even a week or two ago was totally different.

The CDC should have never said that vaccinated folks could remove their masks. I understand why they did that, but now we know the guidance is wrong. Worse, one wonders what kind of naive bubble the CDC lives in to not realize that the non-vaccinated would rip their masks off even if the guidance didn't apply to them.

Hope to go some day soon when there isn't much of a line. Sunday perhaps?

This place still having long lines?

A friend just texted me and said he went down today and there was a substantial line before opening.

Yeah have a friend that went today as well. Said he got there at 11:00 and it was a 45 minute wait but by the time he left it had shortened a lot.

I FINALLY gave this place a rip and I'm thrilled that I did. Mr. Edge is not only an incredibly friendly guy, he is also someone who clearly cares about everything he is putting out, his staffing, and the entire customer experience.

Got there toward the end of the shift and was rewarded with a pound and a half of sliced brisket. Whoa! Wonderful peppery bark, and well seasoned without being overseasoned. Some BBQ folks just can't restrain themselves when they rub their brisket. Not the case with Zach. So, so good.

The brisket had a faint but not overpowering smoke essence, was juicy, and had the perfect signature pink smoke ring. I got lucky and got an end, which made a nice snack while I was putting my plate together (I did takeout).

The house made pickles were top notch. (I would kill to get pickles like that from a grocer, as they would go great on any burger or sandwich).

The sauces reminded me of some of the sauces I tried in Central Texas: a faint sweetness, but mostly the biting tang of vinegar and a somewhat thinner composition than the super thick sauces more common in Oklahoma.

Sides were very good. The potato salad was as good as any I've tried in a BBQ joint. My wife liked the elotes. I do love a good vinegar based cole slaw, and I can tell that Edge Craft's is good, but it could have used a tad more flavor, missing a bit of the sweetness they try to dial in using honey and vinegar.

After all of the hoopla of of other recent barbecue openings, I'm going to say unequivocally that Edge Craft is my favorite. It's really nice to be able to score legit Texas-style brisket in OKC.

Smoke ring and its relation to taste/quality is kind of an urban myth.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/the...he-smoke-ring/

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post

Feeling pedantic today?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Feeling pedantic today?
    Sadly, it's every day.

16. Default Re: Edge Craft BBQ

Went today. Had just about everything. It’s the best I’ve had in Oklahoma. Amazing food.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Went today. Had just about everything. It’s the best I’ve had in Oklahoma. Amazing food.
    Ok i have to try this place... Does anyone have a picture of the menu?

18. Default Re: Edge Craft BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Ok i have to try this place... Does anyone have a picture of the menu?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CR1jB6lL...dium=copy_link

It is here. But not beer (no license yet).

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CR1jB6lL...dium=copy_link

It is here. But not beer (no license yet).
    Thank You!

Yeah but it's still pretty. I know it means nothing, but I still like seeing one on my smoked meat at home.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Yeah but it's still pretty. I know it means nothing, but I still like seeing one on my smoked meat at home.
    There is something to be said for attractiveness of presentation. We've made some fantastic pasta dishes and stews, but when we take pics of them, they're just beige....

There is something to be said for attractiveness of presentation. We've made some fantastic pasta dishes and stews, but when we take pics of them, they're just beige....
    There's definitely an art to food photography. I have to apply a filter when i post my BBQ pics to Instagram so the food looks closer to real life.

Blog Entries

Enjoyed the visit, but my, the turkey was Salty.

I thought the same of the turkey and the sausage. Very salty. Not sure it was just an odd batch but I let the owner know, and he said he is still refining his rubs. There's really no reason to eat anything other than the brisket, though, as it is the best in OKC.

25. Default Re: Edge Craft BBQ

New hours starting this week..... Will now be open Thursday-Sunday. 11:00 AM to Sold Out remains the same.

Thread Information