Widgets Magazine
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: National Basketball Association

Blog Entries

Default Re: National Basketball Association

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Have you seen his handle ? When he was 17 he stuffed Steph Curry on one end of the court then made Steph whiff on the other as he drove in for a dunk (pick up game). Great potential and gained 12 pounds this past year. There is a reason he was picked second in the draft.
    Since he's going to be playing on the inside, when he goes against someone more like Joel Embiid the result just may be different. You know, since Joel is also 7', very fit and outweighs him by almost 100 pounds. I am also very worried about health based on every player in history that was that tall and thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Since he's going to be playing on the inside, when he goes against someone more like Joel Embiid the result just may be different. You know, since Joel is also 7', very fit and outweighs him by almost 100 pounds. I am also very worried about health based on every player in history that was that tall and thin.
    chet is going to be on the out side quite a bit ..

Not excited with the pick Chet, Jabari Smith was the better choice. 7 foot tall players of his stature don't last very long, and usually have knee problems. He is going to have to pick up some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Not excited with the pick Chet, Jabari Smith was the better choice. 7 foot tall players of his stature don't last very long, and usually have knee problems. He is going to have to pick up some weight.
    +!

5. Default Re: National Basketball Association

If only you'd been able to share your draft insight with Sam Presti.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    If only you'd been able to share your draft insight with Sam Presti.
    He and I are simply expressing Our opinion. We or at least I do not profess to know more or have more information than the professionals in the business. Just an opinion

7. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    He and I are simply expressing Our opinion. We or at least I do not profess to know more or have more information than the professionals in the business. Just an opinion
    I totally understand that. My point was that some opinions mean more than others.

What makes you think he’s going to be playing on the inside against someone like Embiid? That’s not at all what is likely to happen. Chet will be placed at the 4 with a big man at the 5 in those situations.

Presti lovers are still riding on the train that he drafted Durant, Harden, & Westbrook. But since then, who has Presti drafted that was actually worth it? I'll wait.

Steven Adams turned out to be a good pick. That was in 2013, I mean he is good, but not great. Josh Giddey & Tre Mann look promising, but we will see.

Presti lovers are still riding on the train that he drafted Durant, Harden, & Westbrook. But since then, who has Presti drafted that was actually worth it? I'll wait.

Steven Adams turned out to be a good pick. That was in 2013, I mean he is good, but not great. Josh Giddey & Tre Mann look promising, but we will see.

Hahaha...what a silly post. You're comparing the elite players at drafted positions 2, 4, and 3 and then aren't embarrassed to ask why he hasn't been able to draft players that good at draft positions 18, 24, 28, 21, 14, 21, and 53 (positions we were at because our teams were elite).

THEN point to the player he drafted 6 and say he's looking "promising."

It's almost as if your chance of drafting elite players is signicantly better if you're drafting in the top 6.

Chet is a forward at this level. Embid has been hurt as much as he's been healthy. I think h missed his rookie year IIRC.
    Chet also put on 12 pounds this past year. Poku hasn't put on mass and he's built the same. But he's gained strength.

When you have the aforementioned players, you don't end up with lotto picks.

This is quite the contradiction. The reason that many 7 footers have injuries is because their weight puts a lot of pressure on their joints. Chet's lighter frame actually may make him less injury prone. Yes, he needs to put on weight, but it could be better if he ends up at 220 instead of 250.

14. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Yeah, I would think he would naturally play at the 4 (where there are plenty of examples of spindly guys with decent to good outside shooting terrorizing defenses) and be perhaps devastating as a help-side defender (his shot blocking ability is pretty promising). OKC will still need a DIFFERENT (and differently built) big body when playing someone like Embiid and a couple of others. The inside game looks very different today than it did even a few years a go. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Blog Entries

NBA Re: National Basketball Association

NBA SUMMER LEAGUES

SALT LAKE CITY SUMMER LEAGUE

July 5th - ESPN2 - 8 p.m. Oklahoma City Thunder @ Utah Jazz, Vivint Smart Home Arena
    July 6th - ESPN2 - 6 p.m. Memphis Grizzlies vs Oklahoma City Thunder, Vivint Smart Home Arena
    July 7th - Stream - 5 p.m. Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Philadelphia 76ers Vivint Smart Home Arena

LAS VEGAS SUMMER LEAGUE

July 9th - ESPN2 - Oklahoma City vs Houston - 7:00 PM Thomas & Mack Arena
    July 11th - ESPN2 - Orlando vs Oklahoma City - 8:00 PM Thomas & Mack Arena
    July 13th - NBA-TV - Sacramento vs Oklahoma City - 7:00 PM Thomas & Mack Arena
    July 15th - ESPN - Oklahoma City vs Golden State - 6:00 PM Thomas & Mack Arena

Other games, championships, places in Utah & Las Vegas Summer Leagues - TBD.

16. Default Re: National Basketball Association

KD has requested a trade from the Nets. I'm watching where they predict he might land but dammit my glasses are broken so I can't really see it.

17. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Sooo…he STILL hasn’t led a team a ring. It’s a damned shame that a generational talent of his caliber - probably one of the 2 or 3 most gifted players in the history of the game - has accomplished pretty much NOTHING of his own in a career, other than bailing on teams when leadership was required.

He’s tarnished his legacy irretrievably, and instead of cementing a reputation as one of the greatest players ever will instead go down as defensibly the most talented ROLE PLAYERS of all time. I don’t feel sorry for him; I feel sorry for the game of basketball.

18. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Sooo…he STILL hasn’t led a team a ring. It’s a damned shame that a generational talent of his caliber - probably one of the 2 or 3 most gifted players in the history of the game - has accomplished pretty much NOTHING of his own in a career, other than bailing on teams when leadership was required.

He’s tarnished his legacy irretrievably, and instead of cementing a reputation as one of the greatest players ever will instead go down as defensibly the most talented ROLE PLAYERS of all time. I don’t feel sorry for him; I feel sorry for the game of basketball.
    His two preferred teams are the Suns and the Heat. They were the no. 1 seeds in their respective conferences. Mr. Cupcake is a shameless ring chaser.

19. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Shameless.

Gee...the nerve of KD. I expected him to request Sacramento, Indiana or Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Gee...the nerve of KD. I expected him to request Sacramento, Indiana or Minnesota.
    "This", lol.

22. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Dude is just admitting he can't win a championship unless he JOINS a team that is already championship caliber. He will always be seen as a ring chaser and if that's the legacy he wants to leave, more power to him.

Dude is just admitting he can't win a championship unless he JOINS a team that is already championship caliber. He will always be seen as a ring chaser and if that's the legacy he wants to leave, more power to him.
    I was thinking the same thing this morning reading about him trying to figure out if he wants to go to Miami or Phoenix

He should have stayed in the Bay Area unless he was traded

says he is under contract with the Nets until 25/26

Any top 5 players in recent memory requesting a trade to an up and comer or King James going home.

25. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Paul George demanded a trade and landed in OKC. Carmelo Anthony went to the Knicks from Denver. Vince Carter went to the Nets from Toronto. Kyrie Irving actually won a championship with LeBron in Cleveland and asked to be traded ending up at Boston. Chris Paul wanted out of NOLA and got traded to the Clippers.

That enough for you?

Thread Information