Widgets Magazine
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

1. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Thanks, Pete. Your labor has not gone unnoticed and is much apreciated. I hope to contribute when, and where, I can.

Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by pkirk View Post
    Hello all!

Long time lurker. First time my poster. My name is Patrick. I've lived in OKC all my life. I'm a filmmaker and new business owner. I'm one of those who always thought he'd have to move away to have a film and video career. However, there always seemed to be just enough work in film and video to keep me around. With the growth of the industry-despite the film incentive going down-and the overall economic success of the city in general, I no longer feel like I need to move. I can stay here and do great.

A shameless plug for my work can be found here: patrickkirk.com. A shameless plug for my new venture can be found here: indianheadpictures.com.

Staying involved and keeping tabs on what is going on with the future of the city is of great interest to me. I'm especially optimistic about Film Row and the Farmer's Market districts. I hope move my company to Film Row as soon as possible.

So, that's me. Look forward to interacting with all of you!

Very Good ! Welcome

I'm also a long-time admirer of OKCTalk. I created a profile and will try to attend next week's get-together. I work in investments, my wife in health care, and although we live in the NW OKC 'burbs, we might live in the CBD if we were 20 years younger (OK - 30 years younger, but either way that ship sailed a long time ago).

I've heard about this site on the other forums I frequent and decided to finally join . . .

Hello, all! I have heard all about this site from my husband, OKCDrummer77, for a long time. I have come to two of the meets, and loved chatting with everyone. I look forward to learning more about our lovely City, and jumping in on a few conversations along the way.

Hello all. My name is Nick. I'm a longtime lurker on this fabulous forum. I decided to take the next step and join all the cool kids on okctalk. As a 44 year-old lifelong OKC resident, I've loved every minute of watching my beloved city's transformation over the last 15 years. I've traveled to nearly every major city in the US, and only recently have I felt that OKC could hold their own with what many of those cities offered. OKC has done a lot of catching up over the last few years. I can't wait to take part in discussions on what the future holds for us.

Welcome Nick!

Hello, my name is Dustin Akers. I am a project manager at The Alliance for Economic Development of Oklahoma City. I'm here to help bring awareness to our projects that we are working on and will provide updates as I can. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome to OKCTalk Dustin! Looking forward to reading your updates on all the great things gong on over at the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by DustinAkers View Post
    Hello, my name is Dustin Akers. I am a project manager at The Alliance for Economic Development of Oklahoma City. I'm here to help bring awareness to our projects that we are working on and will provide updates as I can. I look forward to chatting with you all.
    I figured you were already on here, welcome man

12. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by DustinAkers View Post
    Good to have ya, Dustin!

Yeah. I thought you were already on here too. lol Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    Yeah. I thought you were already on here too. lol Welcome.
    I thought gamecock on this site was him... Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I thought gamecock on this site was him... Lol.

There's a Gamecock on here? I'm going to have to find this person and make a new friend.

Hi to all guys, I am Austin Clarke From Florida. I want to some discussion related topic so i join your community.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by okiepenn View Post
    hi i live in philadelphia pa i have been out here for 14yrs, my son and i run a business togather, i miss being in okc and look forward to moving back some day
    We switched places! I grew up in Philly and moved to OKC ~20 yrs ago.

Hey all!

My name's Preston, and I'm a resident of OKC Ward 7 toeing the line between Jones, Edmond, and OKC itself. I'm in the second semester of my freshman year at the University of Central Oklahoma, studying professional media with the goal of becoming a broadcast journalist - I've been told for the last 4 years that I have the voice for radio and I was recognized by OSM for many of the articles I wrote for my high school paper. I've lived in Oklahoma since my family moved here from Georgia in 2007. I speak adequate German after 4 years of study in high school and hope to study abroad in either Germany or Austria. I'm a huge fan of classic rock, so riding around in my car, you'll be treated to an expansive playlist of Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Miller, AC/DC, Aerosmith, and all the usual suspects. My favorite comedians are Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Bill Engvall, Katt Williams, and Dave Chappelle. I don't care too much for sports, but I'll happily watch an Atlanta Falcons game if given the chance. Politically, I'm a progressive independent and I hold a strong dislike of the two-party system to the point where I'll vote for a far-right independent/Libertarian/Constitution candidate with whom I disagree before settling for a Democrat or Republican. I wasn't old enough to vote in 2012, having turned 18 in December, but I wouldn't have been able to vote for my candidate of choice, Rocky Anderson, anyway. I participated in the Occupy movement, but unlike many left-leaning folks, I'm an ardent supporter of the right to bear arms and I think most liberals are too happy to blame an inanimate object than to ask the hard questions about the underlying social issues that cause crime and mass shootings. I love discussing politics, history, and religion, but I have no tolerance for people who discount others based simply on their religious or political views.

Glad to be here!

Welcome to the board!

Greetings to everyone. I have been lurking the forums for a year or so and finally decided to join in the discussion. Lived in OK all my life and have been in the OKC metro since I moved to Norman for college some years ago. . It is a great community here and I have more than enjoyed my experience living in and around OKC.

21. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyW View Post
    Greetings to everyone. I have been lurking the forums for a year or so and finally decided to join in the discussion. Lived in OK all my life and have been in the OKC metro since I moved to Norman for college some years ago. . It is a great community here and I have more than enjoyed my experience living in and around OKC.
    Welcome to OKCTalk!

22. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Guess I will introduce myself.

I am Michael from Dallas, Texas but raised in OKC. I am an OU grad married to an OU grad. I still work for the university and my wife is an architect in Edmond.

We live in downtown OKC looking to buy a condo soon. We love all the great reviews and latest news here on OKCTalk. You guys do a great job!

Thanks
    Michael

Welcome Michael and Johnny!

24. Default Re: "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Hey, I never got fireworks...

I am a North OKC resident (could you guess?) living in the area that borders Edmond. Moved up here so the kids could attend Edmond schools. Not an OK native but decided to stay after retiring from the military and have lived here a few years now. I've been watching this board for quite a while and it is a great resource for anyone wanting to learn about nearly anything OKC related.

Lately I worked on helping Mayor Cornett's reelection campaign a little and was very glad OKC chose to stay the course that has changed the city so dramatically just since I've been here. The renaissance of OKC I have experienced was the reason I stayed here rather than moving back "home". I am looking forward to seeing the completion of all the MAPS3 projects but especially the streetcar and whitewater facility. Now that I have all this time on my hands, I am looking for ways to contribute to my adopted hometown wherever I can. I am very excited about what the future holds for OKC and very glad to be a small part of it.

Thread Information