Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tecovas

Default Tecovas

'Warby Parker' of handmade boots coming to Classen Curve

Yet another new to market retailer is coming to Oklahoma City.

This time it's Tecovas out of Texas, which has made a name for itself with its online direct-to-consumer high-quality cowboy boots for about half the price of traditional retailers.

The company recently raised $30 million in funding and has started to open retail locations, the first two in Austin and San Antonio.

The stores stock 14 styles of men's boots and 5 for women in varying colors and materials, as well as jeans, bags, belts and other accessories. A strong emphasis is placed on simple, classic styles.

With an average price point of $300 and the most popular men's boots selling for $225, Tecovas saw an opportunity to disrupt the $3 billion Western boot industry.

The business model is similar to Warby Parker and Bonobos – other recent additions to Classen Curve – which also started as online sellers then moved to brick and mortar locations.

The Oklahoma City Tecovas will be located in the last remaining space of the newest building in the development, which also houses Sur La Table and Coldwater Creek.

2. Default Re: Tecovas

This is awesome!

I’ve been wanting to try Tecovas but I hate ordering clothes/shoes online.

Boots are a really tough fit for me too because my left ankle is latger than my right from breaking my ankle in highschool.

In need of new boots too because my TwistedX are loose due to losing a lot of weight since I started keto a year and a half ago.

Default Re: Tecovas

Renderings of the OKC store:

I really like Tecovas, this will be a nice alternative to going down to the stockyards.

I think this will be a good addition. I really like their boots and the $ point is great given the quality. I have only had mine about 18 months but so far they have held up well with regular city folk use.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    I think this will be a good addition. I really like their boots and the $ point is great given the quality. I have only had mine about 18 months but so far they have held up well with regular city folk use.
    Ditto. I wear my Tecovas with suits, jeans, etc. They've been great so far and look stellar. I don't know where else you can get this quality at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    This is awesome!

I’ve been wanting to try Tecovas but I hate ordering clothes/shoes online.

Boots are a really tough fit for me too because my left ankle is latger than my right from breaking my ankle in highschool.

In need of new boots too because my TwistedX are loose due to losing a lot of weight since I started keto a year and a half ago.
    They are great boots. True to size. Try a pair and you'll be hooked.

I agree. I can't wait for the store to open. I hate buying brands I have never worn on the internet. Ready to buy my first pair of Tecovas.

9. Default Re: Tecovas

Quote Originally Posted by mikeareese View Post
    I agree. I can't wait for the store to open. I hate buying brands I have never worn on the internet. Ready to buy my first pair of Tecovas.
    Well I was in Austin last weekend for the Wilco concert at ACL Live and gave in and bought a pair at the Tecovas store there... Love the boots!

The Grand Opening has been set for the 23rd and 24th of November. Event info in the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/events/539046386886688/

They open tomorrow:

they make great boots

Did anybody go today? Was it crazy busy? Any good grand opening sales to warrant going Sunday?

From their Facebook page:

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    they make great boots
    Are they a lot better than the boots at Cavender's?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Are they a lot better than the boots at Cavender's?
    Well, Cavenders has many brands of boots for sale whereas Tecovas is their own brand. Tecovas is a premium boot, very well made. i went by there on their opening day as Mark Rogers with WWLS was live on location and they had beer and bourbon. It was really cool. I walked out with a pair of ostrich of which almost felt like I was wearing slippers. They weren't cheap, however.

the big thing with tecovas is they make a premium boot for about half the cost of most premium boots

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Did anybody go today? Was it crazy busy? Any good grand opening sales to warrant going Sunday?
    I didn't see any big sales when I went on Sunday, but they were packed.. I'm gonna try to go back when it's less busy, and get a pair.

Love my Tecovas. I wear them 2-3 days a week. Great boot for the price point! I'm heading to the store this week to buy a matching belt.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I didn't see any big sales when I went on Sunday, but they were packed.. I'm gonna try to go back when it's less busy, and get a pair.
    That was my thinking. Slip in mid week to try some on. I have a hard time with boots because my foot is wide and the top of my foot is high making boots difficult. Found a pair of ostrich boots couple of years ago that actually fit but one of my great danes seemed to like them better as a chew toy. She is gone now but would still rather have her than the boots.

Thread Information