Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Alley's End (4th & EK Gaylord)

Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

So what do they say to anyone who calls? Do they just say are you interested and how much will you pay? How can you prelease something without a little detail about what you're planning?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    So what do they say to anyone who calls? Do they just say are you interested and how much will you pay? How can you prelease something without a little detail about what you're planning?
    If 60% of the calls they get are interested in office space, 15% in retail, and 25% are living...they will kind of have a better idea of what the market is looking for.

Good salesmen ask you what price you want to pay before they show you a product. I'm sure they'll do the same. Once they have a dataset of a mix of market preferences they can get get some sketches and do preleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Good salesmen ask you what price you want to pay before they show you a product. I'm sure they'll do the same.
    I do that too but the difference is that I actually have a product I can present to my customers.

I do that too but the difference is that I actually have a product I can present to my customers.
    Before they can offer a product, they need to see what the market is willing to pay.

I bet the Milhaus people move to this site, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Before they can offer a product, they need to see what the market is willing to pay.

I bet the Milhaus people move to this site, anyway.
    You may be correct but I would still think that if I was someone calling because of the sign I would think it was rather strange that all they wanted to do was ask me questions and have little of substance to tell me.

Developers do this all the time.

Very little downside to putting a sign on a high traffic area and fielding calls.

Lots of times it's as much about other properties they own as it is about the site where the sign is located. Land Run owns several properties just blocks away from this site.

Still, I hope they have something great planned for this property. It's important in lots of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Developers do this all the time.

Very little downside to putting a sign on a high traffic area and fielding calls.
    I'm sure that's true, Pete. I'm just looking at it from the viewpoint of the person who calls after seeing the sign.

I'm sure that's true, Pete. I'm just looking at it from the viewpoint of the person who calls after seeing the sign.
    Call them up and see what they say ?

The best part about the piece of land, is whoever ends up leasing here or buying - you can easily walk across the street to your local suburban bank branch!

Blog Entries

Are you trying to take the point of view of a rubbernecker or a serious potential tenant?

Some people will call who have no intent of ever participating in any way...only because they are curious or wanting to feel in the know. Others will call who might be potential major/named tenants who like the site but don't want to be the actual owner developer. They might even get some potential co-developers who after driving by a number of times decide they would like to participate.

As Pete said, they probably aren't far enough along to have actual plans, so a SERIOUS inquiry could affect the type of development and the mix of tenants. No interest will probably mean they aren't pressed to make any decisions and to just wait.

I just learned that Mark Ruffin (partner with Nick Preftakes in Precor Ruffin) is a partner in this project and he will be building a mid-rise office tower and that Land Run will be handling the retail portion.

They have already developed conceptual plans and seem to be pushing hard towards getting them finalized so they can move this project forward.

I just learned that Mark Ruffin (partner with Nick Preftakes in Precor Ruffin) is a partner in this project and he will be building a mid-rise office tower and that Land Run will be handling the retail portion.

They have already developed conceptual plans and seem to be pushing hard towards getting them finalized so they can move this project forward.
    Awesome! By mid-rise, how tall are we talking? 20 stories or so?

This may be a nice Christmas present for us, hope we hear something that soon.

Really would like residential incorporated into this. It would be a nice neighborhood link for DD into CBD and AA (despite Carnegie existing).

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Really would like residential incorporated into this. It would be a nice neighborhood link for DD into CBD and AA (despite Carnegie existing).
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Awesome! By mid-rise, how tall are we talking? 20 stories or so?
    I'd guess more like 8 to 12.

17. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

Just gotta say again, it sure would be nice if one of these benevolent owners would gift the land to the city under agreement that it would be a greenspace. All that housing development east of the tracks and the urban living conversions like Carnegie center would really benefit from something just as simple as a patch of grass. What successful urban community exists without greenspace?

Quote Originally Posted by IanMcDermid View Post
    Just gotta say again, it sure would be nice if one of these benevolent owners would gift the land to the city under agreement that it would be a greenspace. All that housing development east of the tracks and the urban living conversions like Carnegie center would really benefit from something just as simple as a patch of grass. What successful urban community exists without greenspace?
    I think the MAPS 3 Park and Oklahoma River cover downtown greenspace in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by boitoirich View Post
    I think the MAPS 3 Park and Oklahoma River cover downtown greenspace in spades.
    Not if you live in Deep Deuce, where spots to take your dog to pee are dwindling.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    Not if you live in Deep Deuce, where spots to take your dog to pee are dwindling.
    There's a dog park being built I think

In full disclosure, are you worried this impacts your dads building directly across the street?

22. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    In full disclosure, are you worried this impacts your dads building directly across the street?
    Full disclosure: I've been looking out those windows since 2000. Before deep duece phase 2, or level, maywood, 42, etc.

In all that time I've seen events from deadCENTER, concerts, deadman's ball, MLK parade all the way to fitcamps, lunchtime yoga, dogs on leashes, pick nickers, and sunbathers use that space.

Dad lives in the immediate area although his dogs prefer the abandoned Chase bank branch.

My perspective just comes from a lot of time spent on that corner and a noted benefit of public space. I can't imagine A thriving DD neighborhood without an area to play. And the tenants on the west side of the tracks like Carnegie, parkharvey, citiplace, etc. If they didn't already have homes in edmond and Norman with huge yards. They would agree with me.

I'm not a real estate guy, but I don't see how a mini-tower could devalue 415, a 1.5 story 100% leased building. I just want to see a viable sustainable mix use urban neighborhood. You can't even begin to talk about it being a true community without a place for children to play.

There are certainly better locations than that for a new park/play, dog area, if it is needed. That space is much too valuable for other uses.

Blog Entries

Don't Carnegie residents have this green space with the large park across Sandridge by the Parkside building?

25. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

Someone could have bought it and given it to the city. I think anyone who owns downtown property is on in it for the green space. The new park will take care of that.

Thread Information