Widgets Magazine

Thread: First National Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: First National Update!

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    No, the Beacon Club moved to the Oklahoma Tower when that opened, I presume.

They moved to OK tower but the move was in 1994 I believe, not when OK Tower opened (which was 1984). They moved because the then owners refused to invest into the building. The Beacon Club reviewed their options and thought it would be a waste for the club to further renovate their space on the top 3 floors (30, 31, 32) or move to another downtown tower. They chose the latter, selecting the 24th floor of the 30-storey Oklahoma Tower.

I believe their lease might be running out in the next 5 years. Hopefully, with the new owners of FNC investing into it - the club and the owners can work things out. I think the club BELONGS in the FNC - that is where the BEACON is, where the club gets its name.

I think the Beacon Club compliments the city's other top private club - the Petroleum Club attop Chase Tower (Floors 34, 35, 36). I hope once/if the Beacon Club returns to FNC - that a new upscale restaurant open to the public (opposed to private club) will take over the 24th floor space in Oklahoma Tower.

The more high end restaurants in downtown's CBD the better for Oklahoma City and our image!!!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: First National Update!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post

I think the Beacon Club compliments the city's other top private club - the Petroleum Club attop Chase Tower (Floors 34, 35, 36). I hope once/if the Beacon Club returns to FNC - that a new upscale restaurant open to the public (opposed to private club) will take over the 24th floor space in Oklahoma Tower.
    That's a lot of information. Thanks. I played at the Beacon Club in the 80's. It had a terrific view. I didn't know it had moved to the Oklahoma Tower. The Petroleum Club has a great view.

The more high end restaurants in downtown's CBD the better for Oklahoma City and our image!!!!
    I agree 100%!

Prunepicker

Thread Information