Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Target on North Penn and Memorial

Default Super Target on North Penn and Memorial

Does anybody know what they are putting in front of Target? They have started dirt work and looks like they have a area roped off for the slab.

Default Re: Super Target on North Penn and Memorial

I saw that too, wasn't sure it was new construction or repairing something under the lot. Definitely would have space for a restaurant I would say.

It's a Chick-Fil-A

4. Default Re: Super Target on North Penn and Memorial

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    It's a Chick-Fil-A
    Good news for those of you up north. They're building some of the nicest "fast food" restaurants around. The one on May between NWX and 63rd is always packed.

Chick-Fil-A huh? I wonder if they will close the one in the mall down and move over by Target.

To be fair, am sure they are still getting the new store bump that most experience. That one opened not that long ago. Not sure about C-F-A's location strategy (having one inside the mall and very nearby) but it doesn't seem to bother McDonald's in the least. There are McDonald's located inside of Wal-Marts and then a regular one very nearby (Memorial/Penn, Bell Isle, I-40/MacArthur to name just a few). Seems like there is a McDonald's at nearly every exit along 1-40 within the Metro area. Sometimes more than one. If the sales are there to support both stores in close prox, I say go for it if they want.

The Chick-Fil-A in Midwest City is always packed and its been open for quite a while now.

I never post here, always read, but thought I should comment on this, found out the other day about this while I was at the Chick-Fil-A at the mall. They will be closing that one down, and move all employees and managment to the stand alone.

Hands down, the best looking women in OKC gather at the Target at Memorial and Penn!

Quote Originally Posted by Meaculpa View Post
    Hands down, the best looking women in OKC gather at the Target at Memorial and Penn!
    You might want to visit the one in Edmond then! I live closer to the one on Memorial, but the women who shop the one on on 2nd and Bryant... 8-P

Quote Originally Posted by GoOKC1991 View Post
    I never post here, always read, but thought I should comment on this, found out the other day about this while I was at the Chick-Fil-A at the mall. They will be closing that one down, and move all employees and managment to the stand alone.
    Sure seems like they'd be missing out on a lot of mall traffic if they close the food court location. . .

Quote Originally Posted by bbhill View Post
    Sure seems like they'd be missing out on a lot of mall traffic if they close the food court location. . .
    exactly. I dont know anyone who goes to the mall just for chick fila. They go at 2 different markets almost. One being mall shoppers, the other being the general public.

^^^
    My mother used to do just that when they still had the location in Crossroads Mall (before they opened the new one on 1-240)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    To be fair, am sure they are still getting the new store bump that most experience. That one opened not that long ago. Not sure about C-F-A's location strategy (having one inside the mall and very nearby) but it doesn't seem to bother McDonald's in the least. There are McDonald's located inside of Wal-Marts and then a regular one very nearby (Memorial/Penn, Bell Isle, I-40/MacArthur to name just a few). Seems like there is a McDonald's at nearly every exit along 1-40 within the Metro area. Sometimes more than one. If the sales are there to support both stores in close prox, I say go for it if they want.
    While they have them in colleges and mall food courts, they practically always build in front of targets. I don't know if one owns a share in the other or if it is just riding on targets market analysis. Given the number of traffic to both areas, it seems the more likely than most regions of the city to have two in such close proximity.

Ok, how many of the CFA's in OKC are in front of a Target?

SW 44th and Western--NO
    Norman--NO
    New Moore Store--NO
    N. May--NO
    NW Expressway--NO

They have moved to a format of locating in big box mall areas, some of them happen to have a Target nearby, many don't. One here in South Austin is near Southpark Meadows which happens to have both a Wal-Mart and Target in addition to many, many other stores. I think it has much more to do with traffic in the area rather than any kind of direct connection to Target.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    exactly. I dont know anyone who goes to the mall just for chick fila.
    When I'm in the area and jonesing for some CFA, I'll stop by Quail Springs. Done it several times. Won't have to do it anymore, though, which I'm really looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Ok, how many of the CFA's in OKC are in front of a Target?
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    NW Expressway--NO
    Not right in front, no, but there is a CFA just on the other side of Rockwell.

And the new CFA in Edmond is right in front of Super Target, too. Same deal in Yukon, too, I do believe.

Yukon has a Target? When did that happen (obviously I don't get out that way very often). Is it a Super Target?

Its on Garth Brooks just south of I40. there is a huge development out there with JC Penneys, an Integris hospital, Lowes and a bunch of other stuff. Been there for some time.

Wow, like I said, I don't get out that way much...think the last time I was there, the Wal-mart SuperCenter was still considered to be "new"

Quote Originally Posted by GoOKC1991 View Post
    I work at the mall and asked them if they were going to close down, they said no.

Talking Re: Super Target on North Penn and Memorial

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    You should drive around the metro more. You'd be surprised at all the new development the last 5 years. That walmart is at least a decade old.
    17 years old to be correct. It opened in spring 2003.

And yes there is a Chick-Fil-A in front of the Super Target in Yukon. There isn't a JCPenney on Garth Brooks. I think maybe the poster was referring to Kohl's. Last time I was in Kohl's (christmas time 2010) I was surprised at the quality of their merchandise. Before it seemed as if they were just full of "el cheapo" stuff. They have definitely upgraded their stock.

Now if there were a Barnes and Noble in the area. And a Buffalo Wild Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by masonsmomma View Post
    I work at the mall and asked them if they were going to close down, they said no.
    And that's what the employee's kept telling my mother when she asked about the Crossroads location (am sure that's what they were told too). So, take it for what it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    SW 44th and Western--NO
    Norman--NO
    New Moore Store--NO
    N. May--NO
    NW Expressway--NO
    Well, the south side Targets are all in proximity to Chick Fil-A's as well..like 44th/Western--CFA at Western/240, the new Moore one has a CFA on the other side of Starbucks on 19th.

Thread Information