Widgets Magazine

Thread: Odot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Because I want an efficient interchange that has proven itself time and time again, I don't have any common sense for developing? Seriously? So I suppose no one here would like a high-five for the I40/I44 interchange. . . Why is that exactly?
    The traffic counts come nowhere near justifying building something like this. And even if ODOT was funded like it should be, OK simply doesn't have the tax base to warrant such a huge expense. Remember Dallas, Collin, and Denton Counties combined have a larger population than the entire state of Oklahoma.

There are many types of interchanges that don't cost $500 million and can handle the traffic in that area for the foreseeable future. But hey if you have a cool half billion to spare...

No offense PP as you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm not sure you fully grasp the concept of costs for stuff like this.

Default Re: Odot

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    The traffic counts come nowhere near justifying building something like this. And even if ODOT was funded like it should be, OK simply doesn't have the tax base to warrant such a huge expense. Remember Dallas, Collin, and Denton Counties combined have a larger population than the entire state of Oklahoma.

There are many types of interchanges that don't cost $500 million and can handle the traffic in that area for the foreseeable future. But hey if you have a cool half billion to spare...

No offense PP as you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'm not sure you fully grasp the concept of costs for stuff like this.
    Well, maybe you're right. It would just be nice to have some decent interchanges in this city. I'm not trying to advocate every interchange become a high five, I suppose it may sound like that when I get excited about these things, but ODOT's strategies just makes no sense sometimes.

Thread Information