Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

1. Default Re: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Any plans in place or just gonna ride it out and hope they rehire?

Default Re: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

thanks everyone. its the least surprising news of the year honestly. i will hold recall rights, so hopefully when things get moving again I'll get recalled shortly.

i just barely missed the cut really, a few friends of mine 30 or so people higher in seniority didn't get one so I am one of the senior people to be furloughed in denver. which is good news because that means I should be one of the first to be recalled.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Any plans in place or just gonna ride it out and hope they rehire?
    I love where I live, so no plans on chasing this anymore. eventually they'll call me back

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Very surprised to hear this. I thought those who took ppp money were obligated to keep their workforce till October. Condolences. I hope that assistance will continue past July 31.
    Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    I think because he’s Union that have to give a pretty long lead time notice. Probably isn’t effective till October.
    Correct Oct 1. They have been very upfront and honest about the band aid not being able to hold things past this date. Props to them, because historically the airlines have been very quiet about this sort of thing until they drop the hammer. Kudos to United for hinting at this in March.

5. Default Re: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

yes, hopefully you can hold out and the airline's can get it back soon. Really, these things hit home when it impacts people you know and/or care about.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

So unfortunate catch22, kept us updated about your situation and keep posting.

Delta reduces ATL-OKC to 4x daily for August, was planned to increase to 5 daily.

Delta suspends (again) DTW-OKC for August, was set to resume (or already has) to 2 daily.

Delta reduces MSP to 2 daily, was set to increase to normal 3 daily.

Wave 2 is quickly cresting on the airlines.

8. Default Re: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/busin...nce/index.html

I wonder if there is any chance OKC eventually gets a Jet Blue flight to JFK (or even Boston) out of this? I assume after the Covid-19 recovery is well underway.

AA cancelling OKC-MIA eff. Aug

That’s a real bummer. Obviously a COVID-related loss. Was just on that flight to/from last week...load was about 50% on each flight.

Really hope we can get this route back quickly once things settle.

11. Default Re: 2020 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

but hopefully temporary.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

AA dropping MIA, LGA, DCA, LAX for Sept - back to DFW ORD CLT and PHX.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    AA dropping MIA, LGA, DCA, LAX for Sept - back to DFW ORD CLT and PHX.
    All that effort to expand AA in OKC, and they drop us like a bad habit. Figures, though. Maybe they will come back, but likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    All that effort to expand AA in OKC, and they drop us like a bad habit. Figures, though. Maybe they will come back, but likely not.
    Every city in the nation is going through this

Every city in the nation is going through this
    I know. But OKC does not have a business base with a lot of travelers, and with O&G prices in the tank, there is even less travel in this state

I know. But OKC does not have a business base with a lot of travelers, and with O&G prices in the tank, there is even less travel in this state
    % wise we're about where every one else is, 25% of normal.

% wise we're about where every one else is, 25% of normal.
    In my opinion, OKC is less likely to get to their pre-Covid #s than other comparable cities. Just my opinion, though.

In my opinion, OKC is less likely to get to their pre-Covid #s than other comparable cities. Just my opinion, though.
    There's literally no way to predict how it's going to shake out

There's literally no way to predict how it's going to shake out
    I am just looking at the quality of jobs that OKC has, and the fact that O&G will most likely never be as high as it was even last year. OKC has no big-time white-collar jobs coming in (don't say Costco), no relocations, nothing. Again, just my opinion, and I hope I am wrong.

I am just looking at the quality of jobs that OKC has, and the fact that O&G will most likely never be as high as it was even last year. OKC has no big-time white-collar jobs coming in (don't say Costco), no relocations, nothing. Again, just my opinion, and I hope I am wrong.
    I mean thats true if you subtract the growth of Boeing white collar jobs, and the relocation we just had *checks calendar* last month.

https://www.aviationtoday.com/2020/0...-headquarters/

I mean thats true if you subtract the growth of Boeing white collar jobs, and the relocation we just had *checks calendar* last month.

https://www.aviationtoday.com/2020/0...-headquarters/
    A couple hundred employees does not increased travel make. Look at DFW, they get 2-3,000 employees in their relocations. That is what OKC is lacking, and what I was implying.

A couple hundred employees does not increased travel make. Look at DFW, they get 2-3,000 employees in their relocations. That is what OKC is lacking, and what I was implying.
    The Dallas airport is 10X the size of OKC's.

OKC relocations are 10% the size of Dallas'.

Math says the impact will be about the same.

This is an industry wide collapse. No one will be getting back all of their routes. Across the country there will be hundreds of cities pairs that will lose "prized" nonstop flights for the next 5-10 years. Too early to say OKC is getting shafted, the entire industry is tied on the tracks and getting run over by a freight train.

This is an industry wide collapse. No one will be getting back all of their routes. Across the country there will be hundreds of cities pairs that will lose "prized" nonstop flights for the next 5-10 years. Too early to say OKC is getting shafted, the entire industry is tied on the tracks and getting run over by a freight train.
    That train must be on Red Bull 'cos it gives you wiiings. Sorry, I know it's not a laughing matter, but I just had to... Hope you get your job back, catch.

I believe the ongoing restrictions in most of the countries in the world on travellers from this country is also going to hinder righting the industry. This was not an issue in previous downturns such as 9.11

Thread Information