Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Town Center

Default Re: Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    Well, I must say I went to the Qdoba the other day and un impressed was an understatement.
    Dont waste your time and money when there are so many better Mex places so close in.

Oh and Hi Sister Laurie

OK, I give - do I have a long-lost sibling?
    Welcome to the board!

Has anyone heard about new stores coming to the plaza? I noticed that Ulta is hiring for people off of careerbuilder.com. Maybe i'm blind but I have not seen the spot for this. Anyone have a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    OK, I give - do I have a long-lost sibling?
    Welcome to the board!

Hum??????SUVCW/DUVCW?????

If not my apologies for the mistake.

Hum??????SUVCW/DUVCW?????

If not my apologies for the mistake.
    If you mean Daughters/Descendents of Union Veteran's of Civil War - nope, wrong Lauri - although I am one, not a member of the organization!

I am a:

PAM/BSM!

Quote Originally Posted by masonsmomma View Post
    Has anyone heard about new stores coming to the plaza? I noticed that Ulta is hiring for people off of careerbuilder.com. Maybe i'm blind but I have not seen the spot for this. Anyone have a clue?
    The Ulta store is along the back near Catherines and Lane Bryant, there is also a new shoe store opposite. Neither are open yet.

6. Default Re: Town Center

Anyone else think the food place (can't remember the name) is about the most idiotic thing ever? It's back near Pets Mart.

They provide you with everything chopped up and ready to cook. Mind you that you still have to cook it, but they chop the veggies/meat up and then you cook it. What kind of serious lazy ass do you have to be to want to spend $20 to have someone chop your onions for you? And have you not heard of the $2 bag of frozen chopped onions at the grocery store? Seriously, this place won't last.

7. Default Re: Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Anyone else think the food place (can't remember the name) is about the most idiotic thing ever? It's back near Pets Mart.

They provide you with everything chopped up and ready to cook. Mind you that you still have to cook it, but they chop the veggies/meat up and then you cook it. What kind of serious lazy ass do you have to be to want to spend $20 to have someone chop your onions for you? And have you not heard of the $2 bag of frozen chopped onions at the grocery store? Seriously, this place won't last.
    It's working great in the pizza world.

I agree! If I have to cook anyway, I may as well chop.

I don't think I've ever seen a customer in the store when I've been around.
    Hmmm...maybe it's a tax write-off?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    It's working great in the pizza world.
    Didn't work too great for Grandpa Labanis

10. Default Re: Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by usmbubba View Post
    Didn't work too great for Grandpa Labanis
    PapaMurphys

11. Default Re: Town Center

I absolutely love Papa Murphys... Chicken Garlic with White Sauce... wish there were more closer to where I live.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

12. Default Re: Town Center

But the pizzas are already put together. You pick it up and bake it at home...no fuss no muss. Even though the Granpa Lam whatever place in MWC closed, it's not a horrible idea.

But the difference in the place I'm talking about is that you still have to mix is all up, prepare the food, and then cook it. At least the pizza you just pop in the oven.

The place is similar to a Pass Your Plate or one of the other numerous franchises. There is monthly menu that use choose from and you buy (it can vary) say a weeks worth of meals that are pretty much fully prepared just have to be cooked. It is geared towards people with a busy life (saves grocery shopping & food prep time or people that can't cook)

It is not for everybody, but these services have become very popular for a reason.

14. Default Re: Town Center

Cause people are fat and lazy...and getting even more fat and lazy.

Cause people are fat and lazy...and getting even more fat and lazy.
    acutally not a good generalization for this service..... Many people don't really know how to cook but want to make more healthy, home-cooked meals for their family. So they can go there and not only have the recipe but also have help if they need it. They can make enough food for a week or two and have them prepared to be cooked at their own home. Plus, it allows them to adjust the amount of things like salt or sugar, etc. in the recipes so that they can even accommodate any special need diets for diabetics or hypertension and whatnot. It also allows them to make some dishes they wouldn't be able to on their own that are more healthy or more diverse.

It's good also for people that are single and have a hard time cooking for one at home. You can make different dishes and have them packaged for meals for one.

Just because you would not personally use this service doesn't mean anybody who does is fat and lazy, quite the contrary.... it's more fat and lazy to just go out and eat.....

everyone if you want on saturday come by my place and i can chop up an onion and carrots, and season 4 raw chicken breast for you, just bring you cassarole dishes and $20.00. It will only take me a minute or two, seriously how has the american family becasme so lazy, me and my wife work full time jobs and have 2 kids and we run constantly but on our day off we prep about 4 dinners and put them in the freezer or fridge, its that easy the prepping is easy its the baking that takes so long, so when you get home from work just turn the oven on and pull a prefixed meal that you put together on your day off, place that into the oven and depending on what you are cooking i can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours just depends on the mean and kind of meat, you are mainly finished, just haft to worry about clean up, but hey all your prepping stuff is cleaned up on your day off, so congrats you only have half the dishes to clean on a work night...IT CAN BE DONE. Dont spend 20.00 for someone to prep it for you...do it yourself you have that special i accomplished something myself type of feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    everyone if you want on saturday come by my place and i can chop up an onion and carrots, and season 4 raw chicken breast for you, just bring you cassarole dishes and $20.00. It will only take me a minute or two, seriously how has the american family becasme so lazy, me and my wife work full time jobs and have 2 kids and we run constantly but on our day off we prep about 4 dinners and put them in the freezer or fridge, its that easy the prepping is easy its the baking that takes so long, so when you get home from work just turn the oven on and pull a prefixed meal that you put together on your day off, place that into the oven and depending on what you are cooking i can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours just depends on the mean and kind of meat, you are mainly finished, just haft to worry about clean up, but hey all your prepping stuff is cleaned up on your day off, so congrats you only have half the dishes to clean on a work night...IT CAN BE DONE. Dont spend 20.00 for someone to prep it for you...do it yourself you have that special i accomplished something myself type of feeling
    you are throwing around this $20 price..... I know at Pass Your Plate you can make meals for about $3 a serving. It's hard to meet that price doing it yourself. And many people wouldn't make things like Chicken Roulades, Baked Swiss Steak, Asian Pork Chops, and Roasted Chicken Chimichangas, just to name a few. By the time you buy all the things you need for that you run up your costs, but since they buy in bulk and you only use what you need it's actually cheaper in the long run in some cases.

Not to mention that I know exactly what my time is worth. So I could easily justify and make up the extra cost (if any) by utilizing my time better than prepping dinner and then cleaning up the kitchen every night. That doesn't make me lazy, it makes me smart and possibly more fiscally responsible than the alternative..... Or allows me an extra 2 hours of quality time a day with my family. What is that worth? But everybody's situation is different. It certainly doesn't make someone lazy just because they use this service, and sometimes it means they are doing something smarter and less expensive.

As a side note, I do not use this service.... but to say that it symbolizes laziness and obesity is completely false.

18. Default Re: Town Center

AMEN there.

Like I said, you can get things chopped up alrady at the grocery store.

You wouldn't have seen something like this 10 years ago. There isn't anything there that you can't already get at the grocery store. Crap, they even give you the recipes at the store. And you can make it for FAR less than what these guys charge.

So you wouldn't have seen anything like this all the way back in 1998? LOL. Yes, those were the good old days when everybody prepared their own meals.

I don't understand why some people get offended because some people want to use or leadt try a service?

We have used in the past and found the meals to be good. We don't use it much but occaasionally find it to be a good alternative. FYI, we are both healthy people that own two business with two small kids. Sometimes we just don't feel like going to the store and chopping up our own food.

I think most people are more than capable looking at something and deciding if it works for them or not without having an internet poster telling they are stupid and/or fat and lazy.

And all you rippin' on half-prepared food never eat even more expensive fast food?

Heh

21. Default Re: Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    So you wouldn't have seen anything like this all the way back in 1998? LOL. Yes, those were the good old days when everybody prepared their own meals.

I don't understand why some people get offended because some people want to use or leadt try a service?

We have used in the past and found the meals to be good. We don't use it much but occaasionally find it to be a good alternative. FYI, we are both healthy people that own two business with two small kids. Sometimes we just don't feel like going to the store and chopping up our own food.

I think most people are more than capable looking at something and deciding if it works for them or not without having an internet poster telling they are stupid and/or fat and lazy.

No kidding.

It's like ripping on somebody for using a maid.

Hey, if I've got the disposable income, a busy schedule, and the guts to let a stranger touch my junk...I would have no problems at all paying for either.

But I can't stand the thought of a person with whom I'm not good friends...Yeah...In my house? Without me? I DON'T THINK SO.

And I enjoy cooking, so the pre-prepared meals thing is a wash too. Unless I was cooking for 4 or 5 on a daily basis...Then I'd be on that service like stink on a monkey.

Well, if any of you had ever tasted MY cooking, you would consider any other option to be better.
    My Favorite recipe.............Spam rolled in brown sugar, deep fat fried, slices of cheese, melted, on toast with plenty of mayo.
    Garnish that with a couple of beers and a delicious desert of what ever is handy

23. Default Re: Town Center

Well, if any of you had ever tasted MY cooking, you would consider any other option to be better.
    My Favorite recipe.............Spam rolled in brown sugar, deep fat fried, slices of cheese, melted, on toast with plenty of mayo.
    Garnish that with a couple of beers and a delicious desert of what ever is handy
    lol...Are you a French Texan?

Nope, just pure Okie English with a touch of Iowa throw in for good luck.
    Got that from Pops. He just loved spam from WWII

25. Default Re: Town Center

Whatever, you feeling like spending money there, go for it.

Thread Information