Thread: OKC Vs. Tulsa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: OKC Vs. Tulsa

"My team is better than your team."

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    "My team is better than your team."
    Damn straight. If you believe the other team is better than yours, do you think you'd win?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Damn straight. If you believe the other team is better than yours, do you think you'd win?
    I know you are young and have made a number of serious mistakes.

When do you choose to grow up?

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    I know you are young and have made a number of serious mistakes.

When do you choose to grow up?
    Define "growing up." I could be 60, and I'll still be what society considers "growing up."

Nobody cares how much you hate Tulsa. I don't see what makes Tulsa vastly different from most other mid sized American cities, but perhaps there is something that only you can see that is truly awful about it.

If you have to go on complaining about Tulsa, you should do it in a more intelligent way than simply declaring that everything just "sucks."

Quote Originally Posted by ZYX2 View Post
    Nobody cares how much you hate Tulsa. I don't see what makes Tulsa vastly different from most other mid sized American cities, but perhaps there is something that only you can see that is truly awful about it.

If you have to go on complaining about Tulsa, you should do it in a more intelligent way than simply declaring that everything just "sucks."
    No one cares? Well, I somehow disagree with that. I have landarchepoke who is going out of his/her way to come up with insignificant districts, some of which are ghetto af, and for whatever reason is trying to say I never visit Tulsa, which is fine. I don't have to prove myself. People don't want to believe me, I could care less. The thing is, I find it funny how this guy seems to think Brookside is better than Western. On street view it might look nice, in person, it's a pretty small stretch of semi dense development and that's it. Then he flat out lies and says I missed Brady and Blue Dome, which those districts are garbage as well aside from a couple nice venues.

You want me to go in depth on Tulsa, I will tomorrow, even though I already have and no one was able to say anything or " chose not to."

No one cares? Well, I somehow disagree with that. I have landarchepoke who is going out of his/her way to come up with insignificant districts, some of which are ghetto af, and for whatever reason is trying to say I never visit Tulsa, which is fine. I don't have to prove myself. People don't want to believe me, I could care less. The thing is, I find it funny how this guy seems to think Brookside is better than Western. On street view it might look nice, in person, it's a pretty small stretch of semi dense development and that's it. Then he flat out lies and says I missed Brady and Blue Dome, which those districts are garbage as well aside from a couple nice venues.

You want me to go in depth on Tulsa, I will tomorrow, even though I already have and no one was able to say anything or " chose not to."
    I don't understand the personal thing you have against Tulsa. And that's what it is, some kind of personal bias against the city. It isn't rooted in fact. If you think that the Brady, Brookside and Cherry Street districts suck, then that's your opinion, but it isn't reality, especially in comparison to OKC.

The lack of disrespect you have for other people is incredible. Conduct yourself respectfully and others might consider what you have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYX2 View Post
    I don't understand the personal thing you have against Tulsa. And that's what it is, some kind of personal bias against the city. It isn't rooted in fact. If you think that the Brady, Brookside and Cherry Street districts suck, then that's your opinion, but it isn't reality, especially in comparison to OKC.

The lack of disrespect you have for other people is incredible. Conduct yourself respectfully and others might consider what you have to say.
    It's incredible meaning it can't be credited and as such isn't true, eh?

If you want to just leave it at it being my opinion, I am more than happy to do so. I am not going to conform to your ideal conversation of what you would consider respectful. I am stating it as nice as I can. I DO NOT LIKE TULSA. I have been to quite a few cities in my life and that will only continue and Tulsa has to be one of the most dull and bland cities I have ever seen. Yes, that is my opinion.

I have stated this before, I have a great aunt that lives in Tulsa and she loves it. Absolutely loves it. She moved there from L.A. after coming from Iran. She couldn't be happier. That's awesome. If Tulsa is her niche, then more power to her. I go there multiple times a month to help her our--as I said she is very old--and if some random poster who just joined doesn't believe me, then that is his/her problem.

Tulsa has some nice areas such as Cherry St. and Utica Square and they're fine for what they are. I suppose it might be the fact that after living in Dallas, and you have a city like Tulsa that is very run down for the most part, yet they still act like Dallas, it is a turn off. Dallas can act the way Dallas does because it's an amazing city with a lot to offer.

Anyways, this will play out the same way it always does: I'll say how much I hate Tulsa, some other poster will be "rationality master" followed by a series of other posters discussing how Tulsa is just fine and what is going on there and blah blah blah... happened a few times before and it'll happen again. Bring up Tulsa, and I'm going to give my 2 cents about it. Don't like it? I don't know what to tell you.

It's incredible meaning it can't be credited and as such isn't true, eh?

If you want to just leave it at it being my opinion, I am more than happy to do so. I am not going to conform to your ideal conversation of what you would consider respectful. I am stating it as nice as I can. I DO NOT LIKE TULSA. I have been to quite a few cities in my life and that will only continue and Tulsa has to be one of the most dull and bland cities I have ever seen. Yes, that is my opinion.

I have stated this before, I have a great aunt that lives in Tulsa and she loves it. Absolutely loves it. She moved there from L.A. after coming from Iran. She couldn't be happier. That's awesome. If Tulsa is her niche, then more power to her. I go there multiple times a month to help her our--as I said she is very old--and if some random poster who just joined doesn't believe me, then that is his/her problem.

Tulsa has some nice areas such as Cherry St. and Utica Square and they're fine for what they are. I suppose it might be the fact that after living in Dallas, and you have a city like Tulsa that is very run down for the most part, yet they still act like Dallas, it is a turn off. Dallas can act the way Dallas does because it's an amazing city with a lot to offer.

Anyways, this will play out the same way it always does: I'll say how much I hate Tulsa, some other poster will be "rationality master" followed by a series of other posters discussing how Tulsa is just fine and what is going on there and blah blah blah... happened a few times before and it'll happen again. Bring up Tulsa, and I'm going to give my 2 cents about it. Don't like it? I don't know what to tell you.
    You didn't just say that you "don't like" Tulsa. You know what you said and I won't repeat it. I do not care at all whether or not you like Tulsa. What annoys me is that you completely trash the city any chance you get. Do you interact with people like this face to face? Respect matters.

I love living in Tulsa, and know many others who do. I like OKC a lot, too. But it's different than Tulsa. To me, OKC feels more corporate and big time. Tulsa feels smaller and more intimate. I like that. If you like OKC better, great. Live there.

Thread Information