Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sam's Club

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sams club layoffs

Tax them too much and they will become tax exiles like many other countries have done to their 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Tax them too much and they will become tax exiles like many other countries have done to their 1%.
    This is the problem we have. If the Walton family went to Bermuda and took their fortune with them it would be like losing the economic power of half the country. Maybe for national security reasons we shouldn't allow them to have such a large percentage of the nation's wealth. Seriously, they could collapse the country all by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    This is the problem we have. If the Walton family went to Bermuda and took their fortune with them it would be like losing the economic power of half the country. Maybe for national security reasons we shouldn't allow them to have such a large percentage of the nation's wealth. Seriously, they could collapse the country all by themselves.
    Too rich too fail.

It's a free market. The Walton's are fine people and have every right to have as much money as they can make and pay their employees minimal wage.

Don't like it, GET OVER IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It's a free market.
    It's not a free market - and THAT is the problem.

It's not a free market - and THAT is the problem.
    Dude, a business was created by Sam Walton and has grown beyond anyones expectations. It is extremely profitable and even though it has grown out of Sam Walton's ethics, it is still part of the free market system. I take it you don't like shareholders?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Dude, a business was created by Sam Walton and has grown beyond anyones expectations. It is extremely profitable and even though it has grown out of Sam Walton's ethics, it is still part of the free market system. I take it you don't like shareholders?
    JTF is saying (I think) that we don't actually have a FREE market, but a manipulated market where the forces aren't actually allowed to compete fairly in all cases. Perhaps along the lines of "too big to fail"? JTF, correct me if I'm off base.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    JTF is saying (I think) that we don't actually have a FREE market, but a manipulated market where the forces aren't actually allowed to compete fairly in all cases. Perhaps along the lines of "too big to fail"? JTF, correct me if I'm off base.
    Even if that is the case, then he wants to regulate companies limiting how large they can get.

That's what France was seeing with their wealth tax and had to pull it back. Those with wealth were simply moving it elsewhere.

Thread Information