Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 147 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Scissortail Park

Default Re: Central Park

Quote Originally Posted by NWOKCGuy View Post
    Oklahoma City Blvd looks even worse in print than I thought it would....
    I hate saying it but that name sucks............it should be something like 'Scissortail' or 'Rose Rock' or 'Tornado Alley'.......the over use of a cities name is just not required for someone to remember it. Even 'OKC Boulevard' is better than 'Oklahoma City Boulevard'.

I tend to look at it this way. Just because some OKC folk are over the city's long held inferiority complex doesn't mean their city father's are over it yet.

The next worse thing is for someone to come up with 'Oklahoma City Boulevard Park'.........

4. Default Re: Central Park

Skyline Drive.

Or, Thunder Alley....

Mayor Cornett deserves praise for seeking public input on the park. He did the same with MAPS 3. This transparency in process was obviously somewhat lacking with the boulevard, but he deserves kudos for stepping up on this.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Mayor Cornett deserves praise for seeking public input on the park. He did the same with MAPS 3. This transparency in process was obviously somewhat lacking with the boulevard, but he deserves kudos for stepping up on this.
    He's learning life long lessons fast I guess, he originally wanted the 'Skydance Bridge' to be named 'Oklahoma City Skydance Bridge'......I like the mayor, don't get me wrong, but iconic structures brand themselves, they need a named location as any kind of help.

There will be a public meeting this Thursday at 6PM at the Downtown Library to solicit public input on Central Park. It will be the first of three such meetings:

Oklahoma City officials seek input on MAPS 3 park at community meeting | NewsOK.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There will be a public meeting this Thursday at 6PM at the Downtown Library to solicit public input on Central Park. It will be the first of three such meetings:

Oklahoma City officials seek input on MAPS 3 park at community meeting | NewsOK.com
    I need a better work schedule

Anyone at the meeting? i wasnt able to make it but have a friend there texting me updates. Says they have discussed about possibly have a driving range, which would be incredible for golfers.

That would be pretty cool. I see fenced in driving ranges in urban settings in many big cities.

Quote Originally Posted by gurantula35 View Post
    Anyone at the meeting? i wasnt able to make it but have a friend there texting me updates. Says they have discussed about possibly have a driving range, which would be incredible for golfers.
    wouldn't be my first choice. driving range is kind of an Eye sore in a public park in my opinion. Surely we can do better

Here's the News 9 piece from last night:

OKC One Step Closer To Downtown Park

Does anyone know where you can get the survey and submit that by mail or online if you weren't there last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Tier2City View Post
    Here's the News 9 piece from last night:

OKC One Step Closer To Downtown Park

Does anyone know where you can get the survey and submit that by mail or online if you weren't there last night?
    they said the presentation and the survey would be on the maps 3 website .. today or tomorrow

don't know about a driving range ... but i would love something link this St. Andrew's Himalayas Putting Course: Golf Digest

Something like Top Golf in Dallas would be nice.

The City wants your opinion on the new Central Park, please take survey, I hope they do this for the new CC:

MAPS3 Downtown Park Activities and Amenities Survey

Thank you for posting that.

Most recent property acquisition map shows that they are very close to finalizing all the purchases.

The medium blue properties in the lower right-hand corner are under contract.

The light blue at the top under litigation; meaning eminent domain action. However, they've already gone through this process with several other parcels and it went pretty quickly

I'm not seeing the "light blue"?

is that V1, V3, and V4?

Teo, yes.

also of note is that the brown at the top ..is odot property (off ramp from old I40) and will be turned over to okc after removal ..

I can't wait to see this area cleared, as it's full of power lines and generally hideous concrete and shabby buildings.

Even a large, sodded area with a few benches and trees would make a massive difference and start to get the creative juices flowing for Core 2 Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I can't wait to see this area cleared, as it's full of power lines and generally hideous concrete and shabby buildings.

Even a large, sodded area with a few benches and trees would make a massive difference and start to get the creative juices flowing for Core 2 Shore.
    What's the timeline for closing off and removing the intersectional streets?

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Just tossing this out there for an idea for our park. I absolutely love this.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10348...62498457951298
    Here:

Thread Information