Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Paycom Headquarters

Default Re: Paycom Headquaters

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    It's all in who is in the sample set. Im sure they surveyed an appropriate number of current and former employees to get the scientific values.......sarcasm.

Glassdoor, much like Indeed, relies on those that are willing to respond to their survey, which is a very small number.
    I have worked at a couple of large companies and a smaller public educational facility. You wouldn't think the smaller place would make it on the list, but the difference is they promote the heck out of the survey and highly encourage filling it out.

It's all in who is in the sample set. Im sure they surveyed an appropriate number of current and former employees to get the scientific values.......sarcasm.

Glassdoor, much like Indeed, relies on those that are willing to respond to their survey, which is a very small number.
    Scientific values? Can you elaborate?

Glassdoor is an open platform where anyone can post their opinions- good or bad. Neither Paycom nor any other company has control over what is posted. While it's likely they do ask their "happier" employees to post comments, -and why not?? - they have no ability to stack the deck as to what people say.

I usually thought any site that hosted reviews are usually filled with salty people with poor experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Executionist View Post
    Scientific values? Can you elaborate?

Glassdoor is an open platform where anyone can post their opinions- good or bad. Neither Paycom nor any other company has control over what is posted. While it's likely they do ask their "happier" employees to post comments, -and why not?? - they have no ability to stack the deck as to what people say.
    I'm sure those Chads could figure out some way to provide incentives for the "right" reviews--whether they be in the form of cool Tervis Tumblers or extra PTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    The problem they're not figuring out is left turns on the bridge over Kilpatrick, especially left turns to east bound Memorial
    If OTA had put in Texas turnarounds and reversed the ramps like is done in Texas, this wouldn't be happening. If the westbound Rockwell exit was immediately after crossing under MacArthur, the traffic would have more than enough room

Blog Entries

Is the dirt work to the west more construction? I’ve seen vehicles entering and leaving there the last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Is the dirt work to the west more construction? I’ve seen vehicles entering and leaving there the last couple of weeks.
    I know they moved dirt from the construction of the 2nd Paycom garage to that site.

I couldn't find any building permits so I suspect it is just landfill for now.

This is all the property Paycom owns in that area, about 220 acres.

Stretches from Rockwell to Council. This summer, they bought that 100-acre parcel to the east of their campus for $19.2 million.

I wonder if they have a master plan for all that land. It seems they are progressive in the stance they want to provide for their employees. Will they try to develop a small portion of that land for restaurants/shopping/etc?

I know their more short term plan is to keep building buildings behide their corporate office replacing surface parking lots with garages as they move forward. Eventually they will run out of surface parking lots to build on and I guess that point they will build out to the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Stretches from Rockwell to Council. This summer, they bought that 100-acre parcel to the east of their campus for $19.2 million.

I’m glad they bought the east land. I recall back in 07/08 that parcel (NW corner of Rockwell/Mem) had a “coming soon” sign up for Warren Theater. But then in 08 the economy crashed and it never got built. Do not want to see strip mall in there so its good to see Paycom bought it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

That has to be an Oklahoma record! Wow. Cha CHING!

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    That has to be an Oklahoma record! Wow. Cha CHING!
    Oklahoma record for what?

Blog Entries

19.2 mill for 100 acres.

With all of that land and the type of business environment Paycom projects, it would be interesting if the campus could take some ideas from Epic Systems headquarters located on the edge of Madison, Wisconsin. They, like PayCom, are a IT/Software based company, but instead of payroll/HR, Epic focuses on hospitals and doctor offices for patient management.

Their campus is heavily themed and contains many hidden gems throughout their workplace environment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/20/b...wisconsin.html

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/epiccampus

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    With all of that land and the type of business environment Paycom projects, it would be interesting if the campus could take some ideas from Epic Systems headquarters located on the edge of Madison, Wisconsin. They, like PayCom, are a IT/Software based company, but instead of payroll/HR, Epic focuses on hospitals and doctor offices for patient management.

Their campus is heavily themed and contains many hidden gems throughout their workplace environment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/20/b...wisconsin.html

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/epiccampus
    Nah - Chad Richison is no Judy Faulkner.

Quote Originally Posted by Executionist View Post
    Nah - Chad Richison is no Judy Faulkner.
    yea, it seems like they could do some really cool **** out there, but “cool” isn’t necessarily part of the company’s culture.

Epic is almost 3X the size of paycom btw. Paycom is still under a billion in revenue, or by comparison 10%- of Devon, Chesapeake, or CLR.

Could be they don’t have the money to do it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Epic is almost 3X the size of paycom btw. Paycom is still under a billion in revenue, or by comparison 10%- of Devon, Chesapeake, or CLR.

Could be they don’t have the money to do it yet.
    it was founded almost 20 years earlier fyi

21. Default Re: Paycom Headquaters

Sometimes that kind of cutesie stuff doesn't make sense and pisses off the board too. We're a multi-B company but if we started doing that stuff at our sites, it would not be received well. Not to mention the employees would gripe and see it as a waste of money that could have been spent towards employees. Most people are willing to have a more boring workplace if it means it goes into their pocket in pay or benefits relief. The employee can always make their own workspace more homey on their own. That campus stuff can serve as a daily reminder of how the company chose to do that instead of spend it internally.

Sometimes that kind of cutesie stuff doesn't make sense and pisses off the board too. We're a multi-B company but if we started doing that stuff at our sites, it would not be received well. Not to mention the employees would gripe and see it as a waste of money that could have been spent towards employees. Most people are willing to have a more boring workplace if it means it goes into their pocket in pay or benefits relief. The employee can always make their own workspace more homey on their own. That campus stuff can serve as a daily reminder of how the company chose to do that instead of spend it internally.
    I agree with this, however I am sick of the open floor plans and everything being gray... I would not mind having an office back.

23. Default Re: Paycom Headquaters

Agree with the open floorplan thing. It's a completely crap idea that only makes accounting happy. It's been shown to no do what they claim it was supposed to do (spur collaboration). I'm not a fan of the trend towards greys either. They use it because you can "supposedly" add whatever color splash you want to it to make that color pop. But you have to have someone willing to add that color. Otherwise, we work in an institutional grey office. Bleh. Unfortunately, we're about to switch to something more on those lines from a more color strong pallet. But like i said, i've got my office set up with my own home touches to counter it.

Paycom is being added to the S&P 500

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/22/payc...g-centene.html

Weird how they don’t list ADP and Paychex as competitors but other SAAS companies.

Thread Information