Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I really wish them luck but they are fighting an uphill battle. Competing with WN/UA/AA who have this route covered so well through several dozen connection opportunities via Dallas and Houston. Even if connections waste time, you have a lot more time options on the network carriers.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy to see them give us a shot, but it will be a huge challenge for them.
    Yup, plus the legacies will match or undercut the fares - plus the carrot of earning miles/status/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Also launched in 2007
    Really? I was thinking it was closer to 2005. But yeah, the recession didn't help, for sure.

A whopper of a month. 15% gain.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

Frontier and American's larger equipment to CLT are the likely contributors.

That’s quite the jump. Impressive.

Excellent news. We will be short of 4 millions the year but It feels like "brings the planes and they will fill them"

I hope Frontier then Via Air do well.

On the darker side, I see United had remover a lot of flights to its hub of Chicago or Dulles. It made it impossible to go to Europe with one connection only with them anymore, except if you want to spent a seven hours connection. As Delta did the same with MSP and Detroit, to go to Europe, it is only by Atlanta and Delta or DFW and AA.
    Is this seasonal ?

6. Default Re: 2017 Oklahoma Commercial Aviation Discussion

so will we hit/break the 4m mark?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    so will we hit/break the 4m mark?
    We will be about 3.85 million, which is still a record but a bit shy of the 4. If growth continues next year will be the year.

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    Excellent news. We will be short of 4 millions the year but It feels like "brings the planes and they will fill them"

I hope Frontier then Via Air do well.

On the darker side, I see United had remover a lot of flights to its hub of Chicago or Dulles. It made it impossible to go to Europe with one connection only with them anymore, except if you want to spent a seven hours connection. As Delta did the same with MSP and Detroit, to go to Europe, it is only by Atlanta and Delta or DFW and AA.
    Is this seasonal ?
    OKC to Europe is not a very large market.

Wow - that is an incredible increase for AA. As an AA FF I'm of course ok with this, haha. Would certainly be nice if we could get upgauges on OKC-ORD, or even mainline on LAX-OKC, but I'm not holding my breath.

I know this thread is for 2017 but United brings back service to EWR in May with an EMB-170. Flight goes out of OKC at 7am. Flight leaves EWR at 730pm

I see AA sent a A321 to OKC this evening from Dallas.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. IT WAS AN ERROR IN THE AA SYSTEM

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    I see AA sent a A321 to OKC this evening from Dallas.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. IT WAS AN ERROR IN THE AA SYSTEM
    Wouldn't surprise me to see some larger capacity to hubs scheduled within the next few years if growth continues. A few A321's to DFW on AA or ATL on DL wouldn't be a huge surprise.

My 2018 wish list would be AA attempt MIA or PHL. And UA to put 2x daily to SFO. And I would like to see AS upgauging to a 737 to SEA. All are reasonable.

Selfishly I'd now like to see DL add a second non-stop to and from MSP

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    Selfishly I'd now like to see DL add a second non-stop to and from MSP
    That route is so strange. Winter Delta runs barebones and in the summer sometimes they run 3 daily and occasionally an airbus.

Good to know

Wouldn't surprise me to see some larger capacity to hubs scheduled within the next few years if growth continues. A few A321's to DFW on AA or ATL on DL wouldn't be a huge surprise.

My 2018 wish list would be AA attempt MIA or PHL. And UA to put 2x daily to SFO. And I would like to see AS upgauging to a 737 to SEA. All are reasonable.
    I agree with your 2018 "wish list" but would rather see Southwest add a flight to OAK or SJC as a second daily option from OKC to the Bay Area. I would add a second option for NYC to either JFK or LGA. And Southwest to resume OKC-MDW and offer daily non-stops to MCO.

For 2018 I hope to some of the recent OKC adds at TUL. Alaska 1x SEA, American 1x PHX (hopefully PHL too) and United to add SFO and resume IAD and EWR (or AA to LGA). Also Southwest to resume MDW, add BWI and go 3x daily to DEN.

Any hope of a nonstop to Nashville anytime soon, any airline. It takes almost as long to fly there as drive.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Any hope of a nonstop to Nashville anytime soon, any airline. It takes almost as long to fly there as drive.
    It's not a moonshot but I wouldn't say it's incredibly likely either. Southwest is big and growing in Nashville and they would be the most likely to try it.

If ViaAir is successful with their nonstop to Austin they may be a possibility also.

Didn't BNA used to be a focus city for AA? Guess they don't do that anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    Didn't BNA used to be a focus city for AA? Guess they don't do that anymore?
    yes. Peaked at 265 departures on April 4, 1993. Was down to 21 departures by Jan 31, 1997.

We lose an AA frequency to DFW starting in April, to even out gaining the PHX flight.

Dang. I see OU is taking a UAL 777ER to LA. Nice upgrade in flights vs the regular season

And I see Georgia took a DL 747!!! I hope those guys know how awesome it is to have received a 747 charter. The aviation nerd in me is way jealous

And I see Georgia took a DL 747!!! I hope those guys know how awesome it is to have received a 747 charter. The aviation nerd in me is way jealous
    Very lucky! Hopefully they enjoyed it! I believe at one time OU would charter NW 744's.

They just had their last commercial 747 run recently as well, to Seoul I believe.

Thread Information