Widgets Magazine

Thread: Parking Lot 6th & Walker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Big New Surface Parking Lot Proposed for 6th/Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Capital View Post
    Are you really telling us that if this vacant parcel becomes surface parking that a new construction project will more likely replace existing occupied structures rather than go to this location, or that a new construction project will not occur at all because the parking lots are too profitable?
    No, I am saying income producing property tends to keep producing the same type of income. With all the vacant lots around downtown anything producing income will be built on last.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    No, I am saying income producing property tends to keep producing the same type of income. With all the vacant lots around downtown anything producing income will be built on last.
    They keep producing that income until they are worth more for something else. Simple as that.

Looking at this lot, it sits at the top of a nice hill with a really good view of downtown - and I mean a REALLY GOOD VIEW. I am surprise the owner would even think about a parking lot. If it was me a I would do an L shaped stair-step complex with a 2 story building along 5th and stepping up to 6 or 7 stories along 6th. Those would be view unavailable anywhere else in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    So, what's the problem? Is it really an important issue whether this particular property is the first, second, 42nd or last to be built on?

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Capital View Post
    So, what's the problem? Is it really an important issue whether this particular property is the first, second, 42nd or last to be built on?
    The problem is the location. OKC should be trying to protect urban corridors and target them for high density development. Move this a block off Walker and it wouldn't be such a big deal.

How about no surface lots abutting Walker or Robinson between NW10 and the River nor along Reno, Sheridan, 6th and 10th between Classen and the railroad?

Thread Information