^^ I modified my post earlier to try and take out my political opinions, but since someone else did, I'll go back.

Again, at the end of the day the state should work with Amazon as some others have done and have them send statements to us and/or apply the tax at the time of sale and Amazon can send the state a check. Either of those methods is what's done today and is most convenient for everyone (then again, this is just more crap for us common peasants to keep up with and then be penalized for our own "ignorance").

Amazon is a way for people to avoid sales taxes in this state. Call them villains, whatever you want but that is the force of free markets. Perhaps instead always taking the default road of "evil company, evil people avoiding taxes - PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE!" as is often done, maybe we should step back and leave things as is. This really only became a hot topic due to last years budget crisis with the downturn in oil... we wouldn't be having this conversation, and I'm sure many proud liberal Dems would still be skipping out on paying Amazon sales tax like the rest of us if not for the half hearted and ridiculous attempt to yet again try and TAX EVERYTHING by the state.

Just my take.