Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151661 ... LastLast

Thread: Braum's

Default Re: Braums and soft serve, or the lack thereof

Quote Originally Posted by braums manager View Post
    have you called your local store and said look im am handicapped can you help me with a grocery list

we have customers do this all the time call and say we will be there at so and so can you have someone waiting
    Thanks, didn't mean to unload. Believe me, it is not fun to be handicapped and I don't mean too d__n fat to get out of my car. It is a frustration to me to even need any help. Until recent years I worked around my handicap but age has slowed me down and weakened me to a point where I just can't do what I need to do. I say all of this to illustrate that there are many of us who are in this condition not because we want to park closer to the door but because our bodies just won't do what is necessary to fully fuction - get grociers for instance.

Thank you for the advice. I will try that.

Back to topic, I prefer soft serve ice cream over frozen yogurt any day. DQ was my favorite. Now Sonic has it, so that's where I go to get that product.

Braum's milk, though, is the only milk I drink. It is addictive, the quality, taste and consistency of both.

I went to Braums on Saturday, I asked for a strawberry malt, made with real strawberry ice cream from the open freezer case. Somehow the employee translated that request to frozen soft-serve from the back and strawberry topping, I stopped him before he ruined my malt, he then grudgingly made my malt with the requested strawberry ice-cream.

The employee then volunteered - We are supposed to make strawberry malts with soft-serve and strawberry topping.

I think it is time for Braums management to take a course on proper old-fashioned malt making techniques and pass their findings onto their employees.

Quote Originally Posted by airplane777 View Post
    I went to Braums on Saturday, I asked for a strawberry malt, made with real strawberry ice cream from the open freezer case. Somehow the employee translated that request to frozen soft-serve from the back and strawberry topping, I stopped him before he ruined my malt, he then grudgingly made my malt with the requested strawberry ice-cream.

The employee then volunteered - We are supposed to make strawberry malts with soft-serve and strawberry topping.

I think it is time for Braums management to take a course on proper old-fashioned malt making techniques and pass their findings onto their employees.
    1 what store did this take place at and

2 we do train our employees its just that no matter where you work you get idiots that work for you and

3 we dont make strawberry from the ss we make it using shake mix standard but since you asked for strawberry ice cream then he should have been made with ice cream

1 what store did this take place at and

2 we do train our employees its just that no matter where you work you get idiots that work for you and

3 we dont make strawberry from the ss we make it using shake mix standard but since you asked for strawberry ice cream then he should have been made with ice cream
    true, but it seems that braum's has a much higher concentration of them compared to elsewhere, especially in their upper management as they can't seem to create a consistent brand.

Oh my goodness. You mean to say that if I were to ask for, say, a chocolate malted or a strawberry shake without specifying further, it would automatically be made from frozen yogurt? If that's the case, I'm very sorry to hear this.

I remember the ad, in fact, when the making of a chocolate shake was presented. I thought it was bad that vanilla ice cream (mind, ice cream) and chocolate syrup was used. I wouldn't have dreamed that frozen yogurt would be default at an ice cream place.

i have *never* been served a shake at braum's made from frozen yogurt. if it happened to somebody, and i wonder if it actually did, then i'm sure it's not standard procedure.

-M

7. Default Re: Braums and soft serve, or the lack thereof

Braum's Manager, thanks for being responsive to things said on this site and not taking the edgy stuff too personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Braum's Manager, thanks for being responsive to things said on this site and not taking the edgy stuff too personally.
    Let me add my thanks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    OKC is the fattest city cause its really one of the most boring. Theres not too much to do here. Many of the malls are closing or have closed.
    Staying momentarily off topic ^^^ Dude, that's nationwide. Malls were an 80's thing. They're fading fast and with them, so are mall walkers, but it's not like they can't exercise anywhere else like the rest of the apparent fatties that make up OKC...

Sorry, back to topic now...

I was at Braums last week, I ordered a waffle cone. It was being served up by a young teenage girl. The Manager was upset with her, apparently she put too much ice cream on my cone even though I did not notice a large serving.

Quote Originally Posted by airplane777 View Post
    I was at Braums last week, I ordered a waffle cone. It was being served up by a young teenage girl. The Manager was upset with her, apparently she put too much ice cream on my cone even though I did not notice a large serving.
    Did the young teenage girl get fired?

The real topic of any Braums thread should be concerning why they are all so dirty.

Actually the three I go to fairly often are pretty clean. Of course two of them are new and I only buy a few grocery items.

Before you ask I am a current employee with 20 + years working for Braum's.
    Threads like this are great. Companies don't always know what's going on in the stores without hearing from people like all of you. I can say that there are some posts from other Braum's threads that were forwarded on to the respective district managers of the stores mentioned.
    Braum's policy regarding the drive thru is yes we do provide extra existence. When reaching the drive thru speaker just let them know you are handicapped. You will then pay at the window and if need be they will bring the items to your car. Yes the employees are told to help anyone inside the store that needs help. Young, old, handicapped. If no one is offering to help like Braum's manager said by all means ask for some assistance.
    Malts and shakes are all to be hand dipped from the ice cream squares. Soft Serve is only to be used for malt and shakes by request. If things aren't made properly don't hesitate to ask to speak with the manager on duty.
    Like others Braum's does offer a toll free customer service number. 1-877-274-4197 or a customer comment email @ braums.com. When calling that number or emailing the comments are then turned over to the district manager of that store. It is then addressed with the store. All comments are turned over to the Braum family which are read. The higher management and Braum family don't know what goes on in all stores without input from their customers-you.

Default A good word about Braums

Specifically, the Hefner and Rockwell location.

The "drive-thru" ordering during a particularly heavy period just a few minutes ago was prompt and clear, all of the employees appeared to be wearing gloves and/or washing their hands, and I was asked if I wanted my sundae in a bag, rather than out in the open which is/was usual.

Also, recently they have started offering wrapped spoons, which are definitely more sanitary.

Default Re: A good word about Braums

I'm sorry---I've misplaced this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Free Won't View Post
    Specifically, the Hefner and Rockwell location.

The "drive-thru" ordering during a particularly heavy period just a few minutes ago was prompt and clear, all of the employees appeared to be wearing gloves and/or washing their hands, and I was asked if I wanted my sundae in a bag, rather than out in the open which is/was usual.

Also, recently they have started offering wrapped spoons, which are definitely more sanitary.
    This definitely sounds like an improvement. One of my pet peeves involves ordering a banana split at the drive through. They always just hand the container to me with a separate spoon. I always have to ask for it to be put in a sack. They should realize that you're not going to sit at the drive through to eat it immediately and that if you set it down somewhere in the car something will likely leak and cause a mess unless it's in a sack.

I've stopped going to Braums sadly because the burgers were cold and service was horrible.. Glad to hear one is doing alright.

They've taken some hits, and rightly so, honestly. I figured the least I could do was to give the good things equal time when they happened, and to give notice that apparently someone is listening (or reading).

Two in Norman have shown vast improvement lately, those being Robinson Crossing at I-35 and frontage RD just north of Robinson and West of I-35, and the store at E Robinson and N Porter, just north of the Hospital complex.

No longer uber slow, and now cleaner than ever before and down right yummy.

Braums on NW 23rd just east of Meridian is exemplary. Every time we go in, I comment to staff about how clean it is.

Different Braum's locations are definitely of different calibers. I love the one at NW 39th and Penn and the one on NW Highway west of Council.

as far as sundaes/splits go we are not required to hand them out in a sack unless you request one same with ice cream in cups no lids unless you request one other wise they come with a napkin and a spoon a smile and a thank you

as far as sundaes/splits go we are not required to hand them out in a sack unless you request one same with ice cream in cups no lids unless you request one other wise they come with a napkin and a spoon a smile and a thank you
    Surely they can change their standard policy - I thought good points were made about having the spoon handed to a driver and how awkward that was.

I love Braums - I really missed it out east and my kids try to go to Braums whenever they are in town. I wish they had Cherry Limeaid sherbert all the time, though. I have several stores that I go to for it but even the managers never know when it is coming in so most of the time it is a wasted trip. I also like their stores - you can get anything you need there.

"adequate"

Thread Information