Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131459 ... LastLast

Thread: Braum's

Default Re: coming soon to your neighborhood braums

Not true with Braum's about contacting the manager/corporate. I've written several letters to the corporate office/emails and talked to managers. Managers don't care and never once got a call or letter back from corporate. I did talk to them once on phone, but they said they had no interest of changing.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Not true with Braum's about contacting the manager/corporate. I've written several letters to the corporate office/emails and talked to managers. Managers don't care and never once got a call or letter back from corporate. I did talk to them once on phone, but they said they had no interest of changing.
    It seems that with that attitude that management has taken then I question if Braums has a bright future as a company. I heard ever since the elderly owners turned over the business to their son Drew Braum that the decline started from that point going forward. How sad. Another Oklahoma company being ran through the ground. If they do not adapt and change, then they will fall to the waste side just like Fleming Companies, TG&Y, CR Anthony etc....

I recently wrote that to me Braum's typcially just seems dirty and that the service is inconsistent at best.

I want to say though that this past week we were in the Braum's in Edmond on South Broadway and it was amazingly clean, pleasant staff, excellent service.

Way to go! This should be the standard for all others!

I live near the Braums on NW Expressway and Meridian. It is clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful. Braums is Braums, an ice cream and dairy store. It's not meant to be a fine dining experience. I am glad to have one around the corner. I take it for what it is a fast food restaurant with the ability to buy a limited amount of groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by rondvu View Post
    I live near the Braums on NW Expressway and Meridian. It is clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful. Braums is Braums, an ice cream and dairy store. It's not meant to be a fine dining experience. I am glad to have one around the corner. I take it for what it is a fast food restaurant with the ability to buy a limited amount of groceries.
    Agreed. It is certainly no more or less "cleanly" than any other fast food establishment around the metro, in my experience. I love that the grocery is there, its so convenient. I was just thinking several months ago, if they had pasta and sauce, I could avoid several trips to the megamart (Braum's is much closer to us than any grocery store) - and now they do! Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by rondvu View Post
    I disagree. That store is inconsistent as the rest of them and the color scheme they went for on the roof is HORRIBLE. They have a hot pink and blue roof. I was really disappointed considering they just remodeled this store and did the nice stacked stone out front, similar to their new concept stores, like the one on NW 39th and Tulsa, they totally missed the mark on the inside and the roof looks like it threw up, it's hideous. Braum's must let the family do it's marketing and design, no way professionals are working for them.

Default Re: Braum's at 19th and S. Broadway

Braum's re-opened today

To anybody who went to the new Braums, how did it look?

Yeah it is finally open ! I was going to tell you how it looks but my wife went through the drive-thru. I'll get back with you on that gotta go before my food gets cold.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbthunder View Post

Yeah it is finally open ! I was going to tell you how it looks but my wife went through the drive-thru. I'll get back with you on that gotta go before my food gets cold.
    Never mind, I just went there, it is much better than the old one, very classy looking

I like the older Braums better they have a more country feel to them.

Talking Re: Braum's at 19th and S. Broadway

I just hope the service and cleanliness of the new Braums is better than the old one. I have always loved the food though but if I had my choice I'd go through the drive-thru. Please no snide comments about my carbon footprint either.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie40 View Post
    I like the older Braums better they have a more country feel to them.
    You can always go to the Braum's on Main Street if you want to go to Country Braum's

Default Braums and soft serve, or the lack thereof

Did they always shy away from the soft serve? While its inclusion on their menu might not be as imperative these days with Freddy's and so forth in town, I was inspired to think of this when the other day I was refused a Mix with ice cream, being told that they insist on using frozen yogurt.

Default Re: Braums and soft serve, or the lack thereof

Quote Originally Posted by Free Won't View Post
    Did they always shy away from the soft serve? While its inclusion on their menu might not be as imperative these days with Freddy's and so forth in town, I was inspired to think of this when the other day I was refused a Mix with ice cream, being told that they insist on using frozen yogurt.
    braum's mix is nasty, its a pathetic attempt at the more popular blizzard by dairy queen.

unlike dairy's queen's superior frozen treat which has bits of candy finely crushed and thoroughly blended in with the ice cream, braums incarnation is just a bunch of ginormous candy chunks blended through it, and even worse, more huge chunks of candy to choke on piled high on top of it.

oh ya we'll just stroll over to the local DQ instead..........

Half the time when I order a mix they are out of the soft serve.

I'll take a Braums hand dipped shake over a shake anywhere else!

As far as the soft serve (frozen yogurt) is concerned---that's why I attempted it with ice cream, or rather, I thought that they DID use ice cream, but stuck to chocolate and vanilla. As I attempted "another flavor from that which is usual", I was then brought back to reality.

I could, and do, get concretes from Freddy's, but I'd like to patronize Braums. I figured before I got too hung up on their lack of soft ice cream, I'd ask if anyone knew if they in fact had it at one time, and not frozen yogurt.

braums has always used the frozen yogurt in a mix

21. Default Re: Braums and soft serve, or the lack thereof

I like the Mixes. My chocolate with Heath bars is always nicely, well, mixed. I enjoy Freddy's too, but it's custard. Different deal.
    Still corrupting young minds

Speaking of Braum's...they lost a lot of business over no longer filling ANY grocery orders from the drive-through. Think of all the mothers of little children and handicapped customers who have to go through the process of getting a parking space, getting out and maybe getting small children out of the car, herding in, maybe with a cane or walker, fetching milk, bread, eggs, etc. then having to get it back out to to the car (with no package help). Most Braum's are near a grocery store where you can get EVERYTHING you need plus package help. Braum's is missing out on a real bonanza here. Of course I think Drew Braum is a dunce next to Bill Braum.

Braums is already slow enough, if they go back to groceries through the drivethrough, that'll slow them down even worse. They need to bring in executives from other fast food chains and quit running the pony show.

Drew Braum should take note or advice from postings on this form. I can sum it all up in three points.

1. Please sell one or two grocery items through the drive through. (There is a huge market for this business concept.)

2. Please do not make malts, shakes or mixes with soft serve frozen yogurt, unless requested. (Typically most people do not like soft serve as soft serve frozen yogurt is used as a cheep substitute for real Ice cream - Real Ice Cream is something Braums was once known for.)

3. Pay your employees fair and treat them with respect. ( I hate seeing a manager with a power trip pushing the teenager workers to their limits, I'm surprised the managers have not learned they will not get real results by treating people poorly.)

Quote Originally Posted by airplane777 View Post
    Drew Braum should take note or advice from postings on this form. I can sum it all up in three points.

1. Please sell one or two grocery items through the drive through. (There is a huge market for this business concept.)

2. Please do not make malts, shakes or mixes with soft serve frozen yogurt, unless requested. (Typically most people do not like soft serve as soft serve frozen yogurt is used as a cheep substitute for real Ice cream - Real Ice Cream is something Braums was once known for.)

3. Pay your employees fair and treat them with respect. ( I hate seeing a manager with a power trip pushing the teenager workers to their limits, I'm surprised the managers have not learned they will not get real results by treating people poorly.)
    Well said!!! Maybe if one could get 1 or 2 items as you say and it requires a handicap placard shown to the person at the window?

Thread Information