Widgets Magazine

Thread: OU President Gallogly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: OU losing $36 million per year, facing nearly $1 billion in debt

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    It amazes me every time I see someone who doesn't know this. These facts are constantly offered in the media.. or you could Google them...
    Yes this is really annoying. At any rate, I would say that OU gets a pretty great return on investment for every dollar they pay a successful head football coach. The athletic program is immensely more profitable when the football team is competing for national championships, completing 10 wins seasons, and getting tons of national exposure. It provides funding for the rest of the sports and the university. Additionally, a strong athletic program that is constantly in the national spotlight is a great recruiting tool not only for athletes but non-athletes as well.

Default Re: OU losing $36 million per year, facing nearly $1 billion in debt

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Yes this is really annoying. At any rate, I would say that OU gets a pretty great return on investment for every dollar they pay a successful head football coach. The athletic program is immensely more profitable when the football team is competing for national championships, completing 10 wins seasons, and getting tons of national exposure. It provides funding for the rest of the sports and the university. Additionally, a strong athletic program that is constantly in the national spotlight is a great recruiting tool not only for athletes but non-athletes as well.
    I would imagine a few of those athlete alums become donors down the line

Thread Information