Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ludivine/R&J Supper Club

Default Ludivine/R&J Supper Club

As I understand it, these guys have bought a real nice space in downtown Edmond, and will be opening up another farm to table concept. I expect big things, as this is a very cool space!!!! Sorry I don't have more official, documentation and blue print schematics like all the professional PluPlan investigators...just thought I'd share. Pretty Excited!

Default Re: Ludivine/R&J Supper Club

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    As I understand it, these guys have bought a real nice space in downtown Edmond, and will be opening up another farm to table concept. I expect big things, as this is a very cool space!!!! Sorry I don't have more official, documentation and blue print schematics like all the professional PluPlan investigators...just thought I'd share. Pretty Excited!
    They are bringing a building back to life that has been empty for decades! Many have wanted to do the same over the years, but it looks like it might actually happen this time.

This is great news! What space did they buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    This is great news! What space did they buy?
    From a restaurant article today in the Oklahoman:

Ludivine duo to open concept in Edmond

As reported several weeks ago, chefs Jonathon Stranger and Russ Johnson are embarking on their third partnership this year. On Friday, they gathered media and prospective brand-managers at the Edmond location where the restaurant will open to discuss their plans and engage bids to help name and market the concept.

The new concept will be in the long-abandoned ice house building at roughly 103 W Second St., immediately west of the Edmond farmers market.

Stranger said the new concept will cater to a broader audience than previous concepts Ludivine and R&J Lounge and Supper Club. Stranger said his recent move to Edmond was part of the inspiration for the location, but he said his own foray into fatherhood and a growing number of young nieces and nephews inspired him to create a restaurant where families could gather.

“But it's still going to be us,” he said.

That means local produce and proteins and impeccable technique, but dishes will play less avant-garde than Ludivine.
    “We'll be roasting a lot of meats,” Stranger said.

The new place will include an aging room for meats, a full stand-alone bar and a patio for lounging.

Johnson said two lots were purchased to allay parking concerns. The second lot includes a small farmhouse they hope to convert into a commissary kitchen.

The plan calls for a fall opening. Once a name is chosen and a menu is written, I will share the news.

It's actually the Edmond Creamery building and it's very cool and they have a great architect doing their plans.

The original Ice House building was constructed in 1901 on 103 West Second in Edmond Oklahoma. All that remains of the original structure are portions of the foundation. The Creamery building, (pictured below), completed in 1921 just south of the original Ice Company Structure, and is the only remaining building of former Edmond Ice Company. Ironically, many residents still refer to the Creamery as the "Ice House," even though the original Ice House no longer stands.

Sweet! I'm glad they're doing something with that building. I'm less excited about the broader concept they're going with, but you can't get everything you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjumper View Post
    Stranger said his recent move to Edmond was part of the inspiration for the location...
    Whoa! I didn't know he moved to Edmond? Does this mean, that his cooking skills have diminished by default? I mean, we all understand that food prepared within midtown/downtown tastes much better, and restaurants within those confines are better, simply because. And what about people having to utilize an automobile to arrive at said restaurant? Will that change the flavor of the beef? I'm just very curious to see how this is all going to work out?

Lots of details and photos here -

Restaurant is on menu for Edmond ice house | News OK

This was approved at last night's City Council meeting. Based upon the discussion in the video, there will ultimately be two restaurants when the full development is completed: Eagle Milling Company (Creamery Building) & Eagle Yacht Club (Roost Building). Here is the agenda packet: http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...0&pseq=&prev=#

And just like that...it is gone: Edmond historic redevelopment canceled

EDMOND — Developer Chip Fudge is abandoning plans to restore a decades-old ice plant and creamery in Edmond after determining the project is not financially feasible.

Fudge, a veteran at redeveloping historic buildings along Film Row in downtown Oklahoma City, acquired remnants of the Edmond Ice. Co. at 101 W Second in 2016 and then bought adjoining buildings and lots with plans for restaurants and bars in the area adjoining downtown Edmond.

An application to add the property to the National Register of Historic Places suggests the ice company started about 1900 and continued through about 1949.

“As we all know, restoring historic properties are expensive and challenging, this project was more so because of the site work, parking and easement issues,” Fudge said. “Even with the tax credits, I could not make it work. We have acquired five properties in this block and will be listing them for sale next week.”

Fudge and his architects at Allford Hall Monaghan Morris met as recently as two weeks ago with Edmond city planners trying to figure out how to proceed.

“It is important to me to do projects to a very high standard,” Fudge said. “We had a great design and plan from Wade Scaramucci at AHMM but the construction costs came in significantly higher than estimated. The City of Edmond staff was great to work with and very helpful during the building permit process. But at the end of the day, after much time, effort and money, I couldn't get the numbers to work for our restaurants.”

Yeah, this has been going sideways for a while.

I actually met them out at the properties and took a tour with the architects and saw all the detailed plans... Was very ambitious.

Wish someone could make this work as a German resturant and beer garden. Maybe if they use the other properties. Just a wish of mine.

I went through all those buildings in detail and they are in bad shape.

Renovation could be done, but it would be very expensive and somebody would have to do it for something other than a return on investment.

Oh yeah, I saw an article the other day saying Vuong is head chef of Ludivine. I need to hit that place up.

Are these buildings protected as historical sites or could they be demolished and replaced? The location is ideal for something...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Oh yeah, I saw an article the other day saying Vuong is head chef of Ludivine. I need to hit that place up.
    Wow, seriously? Was wondering what he's up to, been a while since we've been there (were going to go there for our anniversary, but decided on 3sixty instead and wished we had gone to Ludivine), it just moved up to the top of the list!

Stranger is opening up a place next to En Croute called St. Mark's Chop Room that I'm pretty excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Wow, seriously? Was wondering what he's up to, been a while since we've been there (were going to go there for our anniversary, but decided on 3sixty instead and wished we had gone to Ludivine), it just moved up to the top of the list!
    http://newsok.com/article/5550213

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Cool, thx. Didn't know about Flint getting a new chef, but knew MMR had a new one, just didn't know he came from Flint (going to MMR in a coupla weeks for the wife's birthday). Didn't go to the MOA cafe during Boudreaux's tenure, but need to go to Aurora (a breakfast place open past 2:00 on a Saturday, yay!)

I've been to Aurora once. I enjoyed it. Had the open faced BLT. Heads up, their juice says $3 and they have this local juice they sell. That local juice is $8

Ludivine is moving locations to a building near R&J's and Johnson will be opening a new concept called Sardina in it's place featuring tapas, etc.

https://newsok.com/article/5604616/t...rlyAccess=true

Blog Entries

Will the bar go with Ludivine or stay with Saradina or will both have bars? Sorry, full article is still paywalled.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Will the bar go with Ludivine or stay with Saradina or will both have bars? Sorry, full article is still paywalled.
    The current Ludivine bar will stay in place and be rebranded Saradina and will have a tapas menu.

The restaurant portion of Ludivine will move to space in the same building as R&J.

The old Ludivine restaurant space has already been leased to a retail use.

HangryHippo Guest

What’s the reasoning behind the move?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What’s the reasoning behind the move?
    Didn't realize it was paywalled. He says they'll be able to host larger parties, private events, etc. without shutting down the entire restaurant.

Thread Information