Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robert Square

Default Re: Robert Square

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i'm going to armchair quarterback here and say that the proportions would have been better with a third story, even if it was just the front section of the structures. just look at the two units just to the north... that just looks more 'right' to me.
    As a a practical matter I have to say I am not able to walk multiple levels of stairs anymore, and don’t think people in OKC want to pay for the privilege of doing so. I mean no disrespect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i'm going to armchair quarterback here and say that the proportions would have been better with a third story, even if it was just the front section of the structures. just look at the two units just to the north... that just looks more 'right' to me.
    More “right”? From this pic or from street level? What does this mean?

4. Default Re: Robert Square

I'm sort of curious why someone though OKC needed a rowhouse. Yeah, there's a small space between where all you will grow there is concrete, but for all intents and purposes, its a rowhouse.

It just seems odd that it wouldn't just be a set of apartments instead. You're only a "detached" home by definition of not touching, but its not like you won't have noise creep as if you were in an apartment. And the lack of window light between will suck. The whole thing just seems weird and unneccesary.

They're only unnecessary if they sit empty and nobody buys and lives in them. Even if they end up as Airbnb locations that's still a tourism benefit to the area.

in the pic above, it looks like the top 2/3s is eifs instead of brick...

At least they have sense enough to place the garage port access in alleys and not in front of the house.

EIFS is gross

Bit of a bait and switch from the renderings to what is actually being built...

I'm still thinking hard about what I'm gonna do with those narrow gaps between the houses. Can anyone please point me to examples of good uses for gaps like these? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I'm still thinking hard about what I'm gonna do with those narrow gaps between the houses. Can anyone please point me to examples of good uses for gaps like these? Thanks!
    Put some wind turbines to generate some electricity

So you dont have to share walls with your neighbor, which can be important to people, especially Oklahomans. Any realtor will tell you condos get less per square foot than a single family home in this city. I'd be pretty nervous with a several premium priced homes coming soon with the current interest rates. Going from 3 to 7+% has to eliminate a ton of potential buyers.

Could be nice for having a home entertainment system and not bothering the neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    yeah, they seem to be indicating a new tower on top of blok bar

Quote Originally Posted by okccowan View Post
    EIFS is gross
    This 100%. It should be discouraged in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Possibly, but it's impossible to tell from the angles of the photo and the renderings. The only place that show EIFS in the picture doesn't show in the renderings.

Practice my lag putting.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    Possibly, but it's impossible to tell from the angles of the photo and the renderings. The only place that show EIFS in the picture doesn't show in the renderings.
    I was talking more about the front of these. Look at the window placement/proportions of the renderings compared to what is actually going in. Add in the EIFS being used and these look like they have been value engineered to death.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	17692

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	17693

not a ton of progress since october...

Name:	20230304_093944.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	4.85 MB 
ID:	17913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230304_093943.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	4.77 MB 
ID:	17914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230304_094013.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	17915

^

They may be waiting for sales to give the buyer options on the final finishes.

good to see some progress! i'm not seeing these on zillow right now... the mapping might be off, they could be pending, or they're just currently off the market.

Blog Entries

I believe they were pulled off the market a few weeks back. I suspect they’ll be re-listed soon.

Thread Information