Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Deercrest Marketplace

Blog Entries

Default Re: NE Corner of Memorial Road and Rockwell Avenue

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    I had no idea, looks really pretty for a month or so.
    Yes! Very pretty crop!

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Yes! Very pretty crop!
    Article on NewsOK mentions a rumored Walmart SuperCenter on W Memorial... is that what is actually going to end up being built in this development?

We really can?t help going to the Walmarts | News OK

Blog Entries

Oh Lord, tell me it's not so!

Too bad we can't just get another Warren Theater in that area like had been rumored a few years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Article on NewsOK mentions a rumored Walmart SuperCenter on W Memorial... is that what is actually going to end up being built in this development?

We really can?t help going to the Walmarts | News OK
    I wouldn't at all be surprised.

They are looking for a big-box anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I wouldn't at all be surprised.

They are looking for a big-box anchor.
    How much value does an anchor bring, nowadays? Why not do like Classen Curve and simply build an eclectic shopping experience?

Engineers from MKEC Engineering and about a half dozen others were onsite at this location yesterday morning when I drove by. Maybe more will happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Southwest79 View Post
    Engineers from MKEC Engineering and about a half dozen others were onsite at this location yesterday morning when I drove by. Maybe more will happen soon.
    Work's been halted out there for a while as there is some sewer pipe that's been sitting there since early spring. I'm betting something went afoul on the plans (unlocated utility, etc) that required a onsite meeting with several parties.

Real estate people I have talked with have all but confirmed that this will be the site of a new Wal-Mart Supercenter.

I have also heard a new WM is going to be built. I wish it was something nicer though.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I have also heard a new WM is going to be built. I wish it was something nicer though.
    Its unfortunate but in Oklahoma City there really isn't a lot of competition and that area is ripe for a superstore of some kind. Hopefully it looks more like the one on I-35 in Edmond and less like the eyesore at Penn and Memorial.

LOL... What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    LOL... What a shame.
    Any updates on this Walmart? This land is sitting idle and they have even put up gates to keep people out.

Wish it wasn't a Walmart and if it is, I hope the exterior look like Edmond i35 location.

Has anyone heard of rumors of anything else coming out this way. I think everything south of apartments is zoned commercial. So I expect to see restaurants pop up after Walmart opens.

My understanding is that Walmart will purchase a large parcel for a supercenter and then the existing owners will develop the surrounding property as a large shopping center.

Think it's pretty much a done deal.

Any updates on this Walmart? This land is sitting idle and they have even put up gates to keep people out.

Wish it wasn't a Walmart and if it is, I hope the exterior look like Edmond i35 location.

Has anyone heard of rumors of anything else coming out this way. I think everything south of apartments is zoned commercial. So I expect to see restaurants pop up after Walmart opens.
    A Wal-Mart there would be huge for Deer Creek schools.

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    A Wal-Mart there would be huge for Deer Creek schools.
    That is true. Just hope they do the site plan right so there isn't a huge traffic issue. I'm just concerned with the kilpatrick westbound exit with people trying to get over to turn on Rockwell. I'm sure there will be lots of development around the Walmart on both east and west side of Rockwell which should benefit DC greatly

That is true. Just hope they do the site plan right so there isn't a huge traffic issue. I'm just concerned with the kilpatrick westbound exit with people trying to get over to turn on Rockwell. I'm sure there will be lots of development around the Walmart on both east and west side of Rockwell which should benefit DC greatly
    Very true, that exit will need to be pushed back a bit if that happens.

This is the site plan they show on their website. The project would be called Deer Crest.

The large building on the right is presumably a Warren Theater but now it looks likely that will go near Santa Fe & Memorial instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    Very true, that exit will need to be pushed back a bit if that happens.
    A double right turn to Rockwell from memorial and a longer turn lane would help. But they don't have that at memorial and penn so I'm not counting on OKC to get things right here either.

Default Northwest corner of Reno/Rockwell

Drove by and saw them moving earth and getting ready to build something on a small plot of land in the bigger vacant lot at the corner of the Reno and Rockwell directly across the from the old fitness center that closed up. Anyone know what they're building?

Default Re: Northwest corner of Reno/Rockwell

Will be a new 7-11.

Default Re: Deer Crest

Since it appears they are doing nothing this year, I would guess Deer Crest is at least a couple of years out before we see anything significant.

I believe Walmart is close to buying their land in this project, so that part could move pretty quickly. All depends on their schedule.

Jesus Christ man, a Walmart in this development? They really are not kidding when they want to take over OKC's grocery scene. I mean this looks like the type of development you'd see in North Dallas and it's great we're finally seeing these types of things even if it is sprawl, but for a f*cking Walmart to be the anchor? Is this common in other cities?

And for Walmart to be the anchor it probably won't look anything like the rendering. They won't want anything connected to them and will probably build some mediocre looking store.

Thread Information