Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: April 2021 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: April 2021 - General Weather Discussion

Scattered showers beginning to form now across NW TX. These will spread NE heading into the night. Then a break during the day Wednesday, before one more weaker wave overnight into Thursday. Short-range models emphasizing I-40 corridor and some points south for heaviest totals.

Another round of more widespread rain and cooler temperatures comes through Friday evening to add to these totals.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Scattered showers beginning to form now across NW TX. These will spread NE heading into the night. Then a break during the day Wednesday, before one more weaker wave overnight into Thursday. Short-range models emphasizing I-40 corridor and some points south for heaviest totals.

Another round of more widespread rain and cooler temperatures comes through Friday evening to add to these totals.

4pm Dewpoint is only 30. We have a ways to go yet before we seen rain.

A few storms are severe for rain and wind at this time. Should be some good rainfall under these cells. Much needed.

Recorded 0.78" at my home weather station near downtown Edmond. Really enjoyed the rain and non-severe storms from home.

40 on Tuesday, Winter will never end

I’m seeing highs of 52 and low of 36 from weather channel. Definitely not excited about it but I will say this is one of the first years I’ve seen where it didn’t get below freezing in April and I’m just fine with that. In fact I got a little antsy and put all my tropical plants outside(I have around 50) in the middle of March and haven’t had to cover them up at all which is rare.

Looks like Payne is the only one going really low next Tuesday and Wednesday. High of 40. Low of 30. And that is for okc not northwest Oklahoma

As of right now, looks like this general cool/rainy pattern we're currently in will move out next weekend and be replaced with a warmer/drier pattern. In the meantime, will definitely take the rain and this Sunday/Monday both look to be fairly nice.

Yes this rain is much needed. A little more than an inch here in C OK in the last few days.

C OK region is still almost 2" to the dry side from normal rainfall this year.

I wouldn't mind a warmer/dryer pattern, although I may start complaining at the end of May if were bone dry. Hopefully that won't happen, we'll see.

Looks like severe weather may try to make a bit of a comeback Friday.

Longer term, I have seen a few meteorologist chatting on the web that the pattern for May looks a little bit more favorable for severe weather. Big scale atmospheric picture anyway, models are not very accurate 2 plus weeks into the future.

Cold front is blasting through N OK right now. Tomorrow morning will be cold.

And yes, SPC outlining Slight risk on the Day5.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Cold front is blasting through N OK right now. Tomorrow morning will be cold.

And yes, SPC outlining Slight risk on the Day5.
    Friday severe weather looks too MEH. Don't think it will be unstable enough but things can change it's only Monday. Next Tuesday looks better but way way way too far out.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Friday severe weather looks too MEH. Don't think it will be unstable enough but things can change it's only Monday. Next Tuesday looks better but way way way too far out.
    Looks like more steady rain with some embedded thunderstorms. Great opportunity for most of the state to get a good soaking.

As of Tuesday morning Friday is still looking MEH to me. SPC must be looking at different things than me and I sure they are but instability is pretty low. Moisture is pretty low. Maybe Sw Oklahoma/Red River area. Next Tuesday looks great but still a weak away and more for Eastern Oklahoma as of now but like I said it's a week away so don't get too excited it will change a thousand times

As of Tuesday morning Friday is still looking MEH to me. SPC must be looking at different things than me and I sure they are but instability is pretty low. Moisture is pretty low. Maybe Sw Oklahoma/Red River area. Next Tuesday looks great but still a weak away and more for Eastern Oklahoma as of now but like I said it's a week away so don't get too excited it will change a thousand times
    I'm OK with less chance of severe. That means it delays a bunch of costly repairs just a little longer.

Tuesday Night update. Friday is looking much better than it did this morning. NAM is showing better Cape than the GFS but the GFS is showing a lot more instability than it did this morning also. Once again it will change but it does look better for Friday

Tuesday Night update. Friday is looking much better than it did this morning. NAM is showing better Cape than the GFS but the GFS is showing a lot more instability than it did this morning also. Once again it will change but it does look better for Friday
    I’m thinking cloud cover and cooler temps in the low 60’s could limit instability Friday.

Next Tuesday definitely has my attention, especially if something close to the ECMWF solution ends up panning out.

Did anywhere in OKC dip to freezing? I’m at 34 here in Edmond and thank god because I got too drunk last night to put any of my plants in the greenhouse.

SPC maintaining Slight Risk with a large hatched area across OK for Friday. Large hail on initial development and eventual MCS producing damaging wind are primary threats.

Some have mentioned next week above. The coming Tuesday, SPC is already outlining 15% probabilities for severe weather across large portion of OK. SPC very rarely issues these in the day 4-8, let alone on the back end of it.

Tuesday feels like one of the those boom or bust days.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I’m thinking cloud cover and cooler temps in the low 60’s could limit instability Friday.
    Yes the best instability looks to be red river south. Dry line sets up from about Lawton South thru Wichita Falls and south from there. It could creep into Central Oklahoma but as of Wednesday Morning it looks best for red river area and south pretty much most of Texas for Friday. However once again things can quickly being 2 days out.

Norman's area forecast discussion for today was a bit concerning re: Tuesday, 4/27

The ECMWF has been consistently portraying a rather dangerous situation, while the GFS has been less disturbing in its outlook. However, the two seem to be converging more into the ECMWF scenario, so we will need to keep a close eye on Tuesday`s storm potential, as details gradually become clearer

Planning to do outdoor activities either Friday or Saturday just west of Tulsa. Planning to be done by 6.

Friday is preferred, but Saturday works as well. How does rain/storms look in that area before 6? From my understanding, the storms will be late Friday.

Thread Information