Widgets Magazine

Thread: David Stanley Invasion

1. Default David Stanley Invasion

So it appears Stanley now owns Norman Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge.

1) I'm glad that means no more stupid commercials with thunder players singing the old Norman mile of cars song.

2) Disappointed it is David Stanley. They've taken a very respectable Mark Heitz dealership and turned it into its class immature circus of ridiculous commercials that doesn't make me take them serious at all.

Default Re: David Stanley Invasion

If you think the commercials are bad, try buying a car from them. It's a fraud circus to say the least. The only reason they stay in business because they cater to the people that are just above the "Buy Here, Pay Here" lots. It makes me wonder if they might close the Midwest City store or sell it to somebody else. It is a dinky lot, they have private lots rented on Midwest Boulevard and Douglas Blvd to store back stock of the new cars. I believe the Norman Dodge store has room to grow if I'm not mistaken.

I know one person who works for DS in another community. Like that person. Good soul. Smart too.

Having noted that, and applying what Mama taught me growing up, I'll be going now.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    So it appears Stanley now owns Norman Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge.

1) I'm glad that means no more stupid commercials with thunder players singing the old Norman mile of cars song.

2) Disappointed it is David Stanley. They've taken a very respectable Mark Heitz dealership and turned it into its class immature circus of ridiculous commercials that doesn't make me take them serious at all.
    The key words there are "Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge". I need say no more.

Always was a bit upset when Mark Heitz threw in the towel. They were a great dealer and got thrown under the bus by GM. I HATE HATE HATE the new David Stanley Norman with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Always was a bit upset when Mark Heitz threw in the towel. They were a great dealer and got thrown under the bus by GM. I HATE HATE HATE the new David Stanley Norman with a passion.
    GM didn't exactly give Heitz a choice. They more or less came in and said make this look like a Walmart when he built his dream store that attracted visitors for miles and moved inventory. He fought until GM started playing hardball where he could no longer make a good profit. That forced him to sell out to David Stanley. From what I understand David Stanley had been courting Heitz for years to buy him out. David Stanley promised GM they would roll out the Walmart look as soon as possible.

I hate the new look for GM dealers. They look too much like big box stores. Heitz had a cool place that made most people enjoy coming out to visit regardless if they were buying or just browsing.

The dealership has a good last name - Stanley.
    I'm partial to it. Don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by MWCGuy View Post
    GM didn't exactly give Heitz a choice. They more or less came in and said make this look like a Walmart when he built his dream store that attracted visitors for miles and moved inventory. He fought until GM started playing hardball where he could no longer make a good profit. That forced him to sell out to David Stanley. From what I understand David Stanley had been courting Heitz for years to buy him out. David Stanley promised GM they would roll out the Walmart look as soon as possible.

I hate the new look for GM dealers. They look too much like big box stores. Heitz had a cool place that made most people enjoy coming out to visit regardless if they were buying or just browsing.
    Agree completely.

That said, if GM put as much attention into their cars as they did being anal about the appearance of their dealerships, they wouldn't have to spend so much time...being anal about the appearance of their dealerships....if ya know what I mean...

speaking of a david stanley invasion... looks like there's a permit for a 'david stanley imports' in the empty lot just east of rib crib near i-240 & walker. -M

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    speaking of a david stanley invasion... looks like there's a permit for a 'david stanley imports' in the empty lot just east of rib crib near i-240 & walker. -M
    Per a previous post on the I-240 revitalization thread, it's going to be a Kia dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by dubya61
    Per a previous post on the I-240 revitalization thread, it's going to be a Kia dealership.
    gotcha... missed that post. i was wondering what type of 'imports' they were going to be selling. -M

He had that Hyundai dealership right across the street from his Chevy dealer in SOKC. Maybe he sold that (as well as his Ford spot) to purchase the Chevy dealer in Norman? Surprised her just didn't trun the Hyundai place to a Kia dealership or just added another chain to that location.

I noticed they are advertising David Stanley Conversions (or something like that) in the SOKC Chevy spot. I wonder if he's going to dedicate that Chevy dealership to just pimping (rides). If so, I wonder what their plans are for the MWC Dodge spot. Are they gonna maintain two Chevy dealerships and two Dodge dealerships in the metro?

Thread Information