Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: OKC Exotic Cars

Default Re: OKC Exotic Cars

Not an OKC story, but how about a Veyron submarine?

The Galveston County Daily News - $2 million Bugatti crashes into lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthrnme View Post
    I think I saw that same car today! Though I was at 23rd and Western.

Though it didn't look early 80's. Early 90's to me, so maybe it wasn't the same car. It was a convertible.
    ^^^ typo I meant 90's,this too was a convertible!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSkater View Post
    All I know is that there were some chumps on a car forum I used to post on who would rag on the miatas saying they were a gay man's car. I had heard they were used for racing and did extremely well. Something about the perfect weight distribution and size....
    I have a friend who has been racing SCCA meets for the last 30 years or so. He intitially ran his Shelby GT500, then he got an Alfa. After that he raced a prepared Sunbeam, then a D Sports racer, and now he has an old RX-7 with a Chevy 350 in it. Back when several of us used to follow him around to his races, the fastest cars were usually either a Mini Cooper or a Lotus Super 7. Recently, we asked him if those cars were still dominant. He said, "No..the Miata is the new Mini Cooper. When they're done right, they're extremely hard to beat."

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post

I'm not a car freak, but that's just sad.

Several of the guys here in the office race their miatas. Drop a 302 in one and you have a great HP/weight ratio in one of the best handling cars I've ever had the pleasure to drive.

I wouldn't trade my 2010 GT for the world but the miata is a great car to drive, a lot of fun.

Especially with the top down. If it's not too hot outside it's better than air conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post

there is a cell phone video of this crash now

looks like the guy was lying about the bird

I am going for my long-term passion sometime in the next year or so...84-85 Nissan Skyline. These years are the start of the 'cool' Skylines, and they now fall under the 25 or older year rule, so they do not have to fall under the normal import guidlines, which are extremely restrictive. Just get it here, pay your duties, title it, and drive. Downside is that I will pay around $300-$3500 over the cost of the car in shipping and taxes/fees. Plus side...I own a Skyline!

-Chris-

Skylines are a neat car, I remember seeing quite a few of them and other cars unavailable here like the Renault Alpine when I was over there in 1996. I would still like to find an old Fairlady to restore, I have seen a few of them around Oklahoma as well.

I saw a beautiful silver Lambo today at Perimeter Circle(39th& Tulsa)! I was delivery some packages to The 3rd floor and This older guy got on the elevator w/ me, and I said-man did you see that Lambo?he smiled at me and said nice huh!it's fast too!

11. Default Re: OKC Exotic Cars

I beat a Diablo down the 1/4 at Tulsa Raceway last fall.

I walked with quite the swagger for a week or so.

12. Default Re: OKC Exotic Cars

ive seen quiet a few lambo's around the edmond area. only a couple ferrari's. sometimes some of you that live in edmond will see my car. im still waiting for someone to confuse it for what it really is.

i swear when i was 16, on xmas day coming back form the airport, we were driving right in front of tinker passing the eaker gate along i40, i saw a red ferrari and a red c5 racing eachother.

13. Default Re: OKC Exotic Cars

Quote Originally Posted by americasfuture2k View Post
    ive seen quiet a few lambo's around the edmond area. only a couple ferrari's. sometimes some of you that live in edmond will see my car. im still waiting for someone to confuse it for what it really is.

i swear when i was 16, on xmas day coming back form the airport, we were driving right in front of tinker passing the eaker gate along i40, i saw a red ferrari and a red c5 racing eachother.
    Is your car the Poncho in your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Is your car the Poncho in your avatar?
    I have beaten the unruley's back.

I have an 08 Lambo Gallardo Spyder, blk/tan. This is a Sick car!!! Always grabs attention in OKC and even in the Big D. Exotics are more than just cars to most of their owners. For me it's expensive drug-free therapy. Always brings a smile to my face no matter what mood I'm in or how sh*itty the day has been.

^^^OH god you lucky muther! Damn hot car!

I would like to see others post pics of their exotics.

Quote Originally Posted by anesthesiapro View Post
    I have an 08 Lambo Gallardo Spyder, blk/tan. This is a Sick car!!! Always grabs attention in OKC and even in the Big D. Exotics are more than just cars to most of their owners. For me it's expensive drug-free therapy. Always brings a smile to my face no matter what mood I'm in or how sh*itty the day has been.

I am obsessed with exotics, and I have seen quite a few in OKC as of late. The best sighting I saw that made me giggle, was a silver Bentley coupe (think paris hilton) in the Wal-Mart parking lot (penn and memorial), parked carelessly close to some beaters.

Super Hot!

Killer looking wheels for starters. What's the fastest you've driven it? My 2008 Miata would faint and drop dead, if I parked it next to a Spyder.

Top speed is 195 mph for this car. The only official statement I can make online is that I my speeds have always remained within the legal limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Killer looking wheels for starters. What's the fastest you've driven it? My 2008 Miata would faint and drop dead, if I parked it next to a Spyder.

22. Default Re: OKC Exotic Cars

I was attending SNU back when the Hornets where in town. They used the SNU Sawyer center as a practice facility in the mornings. I would drive by occasionally to see some of the sweetest looking cars. One that sticks out in my mind was a creme colored Bentley.

Top speed is 195 mph for this car. The only official statement I can make online is that I my speeds have always remained within the legal limit.
    ^^^ WOW! that's a nice ride! whats The specs on that thing? HP and Tourque? I'm betting 500 on both?

that is a nice Lambo!

ive seen a Bentley running around town too. Over by the Capitol a couple weeks ago and then again on the NW Expressway probably the same car.

I know the car your talking about, grey bentley 2 door GT coupe. The Owner lives in Lincoln Terrace.

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    that is a nice Lambo!

ive seen a Bentley running around town too. Over by the Capitol a couple weeks ago and then again on the NW Expressway probably the same car.

Thread Information