Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 181920212223

Thread: SandRidge Energy News

Default Re: SandRidge Energy News

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    People, let's all stop referring to OKC as a major O&G player. Those days are long gone
    Yup, time to change the city's branding campaign from "Oklahoma City: major O&G player." Who even approved that?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    We are still much bigger than many other O&G cities. Sure, Denver-Houston-dallas are still bigger, we're really not that far behind. Low $ oil is everywhere, not just OKC.
    We make more excuses for and refuse to acknowledge truth in this city more than any place I have ever lived or worked. O&G in OKC is unstable as a leading source of sustained high energy employment, has been for decades. The state has lost major O&G companies to Texas. Those are the facts

We make more excuses for and refuse to acknowledge truth in this city more than any place I have ever lived or worked.
    Again, I want to agree with dcsooner here and encourage everyone to start acknowledging OKC's lies by chanting in rhythm:

OKC
    is unstable
    as a leading
    source of sustained
    high energy employment.

Chant it loud whether you're in city hall, waiting in a Starbucks line, or sitting in a bathroom stall. Do you think that would be enough dcsooner or are there some other ways OKC citizens can raise consciousness about this public disinformation of the O&G industry? Is this how people in other cities acknowledge their overhyped industries?

We make more excuses for and refuse to acknowledge truth in this city more than any place I have ever lived or worked. O&G in OKC is unstable as a leading source of sustained high energy employment, has been for decades. The state has lost major O&G companies to Texas. Those are the facts
    you seem upset, buddy.
    sad that you hate OKC so much.

You asked so here goes. I have never lived in a city or state so dependent on ONE industry. Most places that I have lived when industries decline or major industries relocate. the City/region gets BUSY looking for and recruiting NEW businesses in varied Sectors. OKC seems to have a ready excuse for the decline in the O&G presence in the City/State. Nothing wrong with O&G, it has been for the most part good for Oklahoma, but to not acknowledge that over the last 2 decades the industry has declined and does not offer the stability in Tax revenue or Salaries as it once did. Not too long ago Devon was talked about as as potential sale and we know how Chesapeake has fluctuated over the last few years.

Other places compete for high paying jobs. The companies may be 200-400 employees but the salaries are far above the areas SOL. OKC seems content to lose businesses, lose athletic events etc. Citizens ought to demand better of their elected officials at all levels. economic progress , education, health care , Q of L issues that influence Companies in selecting locations. rather than divisive and frivolous legislation like carry guns, Donald Trump street or whatever.

Couple examples in Raleigh-Durham area: within last year and half., Also, Gov is a Democrat, go figure

1. Microsoft plans 500 new jobs in Morrisville after landing incentives from the state

2. Xerox will create 600 new jobs in Cary as part of a $18.4 million investment, Gov. Roy Cooper announced Tuesday morning.

“Not just any new jobs,” Cooper said. “Jobs with an average salary of over $112,000.”

Xerox will receive more than $13.6 million in taxpayer-funded incentives over 12 years for the promise of the new jobs, which comes to about $23,000 per job.

3. HZO Announces Headquarters Relocation to Raleigh, North Carolina
    4. SKAN US Inc., a subsidiary of SKAN AG Switzerland, has moved its US Headquarters to Raleigh, North Carolina.

OKC CoC touts all these accolades about OKC and thats great BUT they haven't for the most part translated to attracting NEW industries to the City

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    you seem upset, buddy.
    sad that you hate OKC so much.
    You have no level of discernment when you can't see a persons love for a place in their comments

You have no level of discernment when you can't see a persons love for a place in their comments
    Ignore him, he's a troll, he has made that same comment (or "shook" or "angry") hundreds of times on here.

Blog Entries

Double post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Reports that SandRidge is cutting its headquarters jobs from 120 to 57.

57 people working in that 30-story tower.
    City of Oklahoma City should offer an incentive remodel to move Paycom Headquarters to SandRidge Center.

Rename: Paycom Center.

Employees: 3,050

Will never happen, Paycom's campus is a 30-45 minute rush hour drive from Downtown OKC, they would stand to lose or alienate a huge chunk of their workforce that lives in the Piedmont/Deer Creek/North Edmond area. Also given how much of the surrounding land Paycom owns, they are absolutely committed to staying in that location for the long haul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Will never happen, Paycom's campus is a 30-45 minute rush hour drive from Downtown OKC, they would stand to lose or alienate a huge chunk of their workforce that lives in the Piedmont/Deer Creek/North Edmond area. Also given how much of the surrounding land Paycom owns, they are absolutely committed to staying in that location for the long haul.
    Good!

Glad to know that Paycom has a lot invested in Oklahoma City. Just don't want to see a growing company get bought out like Sonic and relocated to a mega market like Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix or Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Ignore him, he's a troll, he has made that same comment (or "shook" or "angry") hundreds of times on here.
    Yawn . . .

Ignore me, but don’t ignore the facts! You did not dispute any of my comments regarding O&G or state legislature or new business. This is the problem in Oklahoma, deny, deflect, disparage anyone who sees the issues in the state for what they are.

HangryHippo Guest

Ignore me, but don’t ignore the facts! You did not dispute any of my comments regarding O&G or state legislature or new business. This is the problem in Oklahoma, deny, deflect, disparage anyone who sees the issues in the state for what they are.
    Read it again. He was telling you to ignore Chuck.

Paycom is never moving.

I know this cause I asked Chad who responded, “I’m never going to move paycom downtown.”

You guys do understand there’s only 6 oil and gas hubs right?

Houston
    Dallas
    Tulsa
    Okc
    Denver
    Midland

Okc ranks anywhere from 4-6 depending on how dcsooner you look at things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Read it again. He was telling you to ignore Chuck.
    My apologies

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    You guys do understand there’s only 6 oil and gas hubs right?

Houston
    Dallas
    Tulsa
    Okc
    Denver
    Midland

Okc ranks anywhere from 4-6 depending on how dcsooner you look at things.
    Guys, Please do not misunderstand me. O&G is good for Oklahoma, but, it has been declining and simply need to continue to diversify.

That's also his shtick, he has nothing constructive or informative to add, so he just pulls that same thing all the time. I could probably count on two hands the posts he's made that are worthwhile before I put him on my ignore list a couple of years ago. And man, that's a horrible insult thinking I was chuck5815, I'm scarred for life.

It's 63 jobs.

Perspective, people.

Guys, Please do not misunderstand me. O&G is good for Oklahoma, but, it has been declining and simply need to continue to diversify.
    Okc and Tulsa are diversified, diversifying today and tomorrow, and will continue to do so. The rural parts of the state will continue to shrink and struggle. A nationwide trend that is not unique to Oklahoma in any way shape or form whatsoever. If anything O&G has slowed the decay of rural Oklahoma.

Not sure what you’re throwing such a sh*t fit about other than you’re just big mad online.

That's also his shtick, he has nothing constructive or informative to add, so he just pulls that same thing all the time. I could probably count on two hands the posts he's made that are worthwhile before I put him on my ignore list a couple of years ago. And man, that's a horrible insult thinking I was chuck5815, I'm scarred for life.
    Wrong. You’ve regularly proven that you know absolutely nothing about commercial real estate, local transactions or business in general.

Your rants fit a lot better on the politics section. Still badly out of touch, even over there, though.

Please turn out the lights when you leave...

Oh and... severance will be given for driving the final stake...

https://www.otcmarkets.com/filing/ht...__HUePH2yifJth

" Departures of Michael A. Johnson as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and John P. Suter as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer

On April 14, 2020, SandRidge Energy, Inc. (“SandRidge” or the “Company”) determined to effect the separation of employment of Michael A. Johnson from his position as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and John P. Suter from his position as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating, effective no earlier than July 1, 2020.

Messrs. Johnson and Suter will be eligible to receive severance consistent with their respective employment agreements, including severance payments and, if applicable, continuation of health and welfare benefits. "

Thread Information