Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Energy FC
    OKLAHOMA CITY – The community support for OKC Energy FC continues to expand. Bob Bartley Electric is the latest Oklahoma company to join the prestigious group of partners for Energy FC.

“We have experience with Bob Bartley Electric from a consumer side in previous endeavors with the soccer team. We know they provide the workmanship and service we would expect on our projects,” said Prodigal President Jeff Ewing. “As our soccer team continues to grow, a key for that continued growth is the continued support from our corporate community. Thanks to the team at Bob Bartley Electric for joining our team.”

Bob Bartley Electric is a family-owned construction and maintenance corporation specializing in oilfield, industrial and commercial sectors.

“I am thrilled and honored to have Energy FC and everyone at Prodigal call me their partner,” said Bob Bartley Electric president Donna Bartley-Clark. “I’m excited for this upcoming season.”

Energy FC opens its season on the road against their in-state rival the Tulsa Roughnecks on March 28. The team’s home opener is April 18 against Seattle Sounders 2 at historic Taft Stadium.

Blog Entries

'Taft on Draft'

Wow! Will this be a game-changer for OKC Energy FC?

Really wish I could make it to Tulsa for the game today. Will definitely be watching at Skinny Slim's though.

I must say, ONEOK Field and the Tulsa skyline looks really good on the stream (even if the audio is slow on the feed). Seems like a really fun atmosphere there. Good to see this rivalry get started.

The these two playing in a soccer specific stadium would look even better though...

Blog Entries

Nice crowd, probably around 5,000 in the 7,800 seat ONEOK Field. Roughnecks are aggressive. Tulsa has really gone all out to make their 1st regular season game against OKC a success.

Energy FC scores the first goal around the 44th minute; lead 1-0 at half.

Energy FC played a very passive game the first half. Maybe they will come out and take it to Tulsa in the 2nd half.

Blog Entries

Final:

Oklahoma City Energy FC 1 - Tulsa Roughnecks 1

Official sellout in Tulsa; 8,335 at ONEOK Park.

What's up with no Danny Delgado or Kyle Greig tonight? Final third play left a lot to be desired (carryover from last season)

Very interesting game last night. I didn't expect a huge turnout, but the place felt pretty crowded even though a lot of the seats were never full. I think everyone bought the cheap greens section tickets, then just wandered the stadium during the game. There are lots of places to stand and have great views. I'll be very interested to see if the Roughneck's next two games are as successful with one being on a weeknight and the next being a weekend. I'll definitely be checking out an Energy game whenever Taft is ready.

OKC had a reasonable number of fans show up, and their "spirit" section easily rivaled the home spirit section of the Roughnecks. I think part of this is because they put the Roughneck's self-proclaimed spirit squad in it's own closed-off section of the park, and of course this was their first game. There's been some complaining about the OKC fans yelling obscenities. Most of the Roughnecks fans were young families. The OKC group definitely seemed more spirited.

The USL president mentioned in an interview after the game that he thought the Grid was better than the Roustabouts.

We had a freaking blast. Great time in downtown Tulsa. The atmosphere made me really want to get a downtown stadium in the works for OKC. Barhopping before and after the match was great.

There were almost 200 Energy fans from OKC who made the trip. The Tulsa ticket office initially split us up and spread us out. After the match started, we all consolidated in one section behind the goal. It was a great time. We sang and chanted, waved our flags and scarves. We definitely out-performed the home supporters group The Roustabouts, but it was their first game.

Coach Jimmy Nielsen came to our OKC tailgate before the match. He brought cases of beer, burgers and dogs for the fans. He appreciated us for showing up in such strong numbers.

A good time was had by all, looking forward to the home opener.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tulsa1.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	10548

12. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

I ended up being able to go and ride on the bus that went. It was an awesome time and I can't wait till the next away day. Looking at the Roughnecks social media has been pretty entertaining as well.

Blog Entries

Energy FC Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Recap of goals scored...

Oklahoma City Energy FC 2 - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC 1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150406_080859.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	10593

No way they are ready in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    What makes you say that?

It won't be 100% complete but they will play at Taft. Parking lot for sure I don't think will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    It won't be 100% complete but they will play at Taft. Parking lot for sure I don't think will be done.
    True. I wonder if they will have the supporter section ready? Also, how far along on that press box do you think they will get in two weeks?

Pete, the parking lot that faces May is completely dirt right now (unless they've paved it in the last day or so). I have no idea about the inside, though. But by the looks of that lot, it'd be kind of a logistical issue trying to get people in and out through that construction zone.

21. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Does the parking lot have curbs poured already? If so the lot can be installed and striped in only a couple of days. They usually do parking lots near the end of construction, only after they no longer have to move heavy equipment back and forth over them, into and out of the site.

I believe the curbs are still intact, but can't say for sure. Glad to know that parking can be done quickly if that's the case.

True. I wonder if they will have the supporter section ready? Also, how far along on that press box do you think they will get in two weeks?
    Not sure, I was just told by someone with the team to "expect some bandaids" the first game or two

I've read that there is a 100% completion deadline and a "game-ready" deadline. There will still be things to finish after the home opener, but the game and fan experience shouldn't be hindered by uncompleted items.

still think moving to taft is a huge mistake, even if they can sell beer.
    Soccer moms from Edmond wouldn't be caught in that part of town.

Thread Information