Widgets Magazine

Thread: Streetlight Outages

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Streetlight Outages

2 comments:

It's sad that the Mayor's Twitter feed shows I35 north of I40 instead of I235.

Does the comment about ODOT jurisdiction mean they are still responsible for the lights that are out in the recently opened section of 235?

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    2 comments:

It's sad that the Mayor's Twitter feed shows I35 north of I40 instead of I235.

Does the comment about ODOT jurisdiction mean they are still responsible for the lights that are out in the recently opened section of 235?
    I'd imagine that if it's open, then the project has been turned over to OKC and now OG&E and OKC are responsible, but it would depend on the official turnover date/policy, which we probably don't know the details of (it could be open, but not officially "turned over").

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I'd imagine that if it's open, then the project has been turned over to OKC and now OG&E and OKC are responsible, but it would depend on the official turnover date/policy, which we probably don't know the details of (it could be open, but not officially "turned over").
    To my knowledge, multi-phase projects are not turned over to local control until the entire project is complete. That's why ODOT is still responsible for fixing lighting along the Boulevard. So for the recently opened section of the I-235 interchange project, under the massive BNSF rail bridge, that section should still be under ODOT's control, I believe.

Thread Information