Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: complete list of all Heritage Park Mall stores

1. Default Re: complete list of all Heritage Park Mall stores

There was a buckle, across from Bath and Body and Rainbow.

Default Re: complete list of all Heritage Park Mall stores

Quote Originally Posted by dances with cameras View Post
    There was also a place way before Sbarro was in that area, I think towards the Wards, that sold only lemonade and ice cream bars.

I remember that Sears had a small arcade that we used to visit if Aladdin's was too packed.

I remember an ice cream place that was located near Montgomery Wards (had a yellow facia). They sold these wonderful ice cream bars, where they would dip them in chocolate and then roll the bar in some nuts.

I also remember when Sears sold popcorn and and snacks near the escalator.

One of my fondest memories was when my mother would take me near the little water thing near Zales and let me throw pennies into the water for good luck.

Dan

what was the name of the jewelry store that was next to wards? not zales or gordons, but another one that i cant recall the name of, was just a bit north of morrows nut house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerdude View Post
    I remember an ice cream place that was located near Montgomery Wards (had a yellow facia). They sold these wonderful ice cream bars, where they would dip them in chocolate and then roll the bar in some nuts.
    Wasn't that tied in with the Hot Dog on a Stick place originally? I know that's how it was at Crossroads but I can't remember for sure for Heritage Park. Ice Cream on a Stick or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    there was some place that sold furniture as well, located roughly in the middle of the mall.
    There was a place that had some furniture, but I thought it was more like a bed and bath shop. I remember that I purchased my antique-looking iron bed frame from them; must have been around 1984-85. Absolutely cannot remember the name of the store, though. Just remember it was a very nice store.

Quote Originally Posted by old okie View Post
    There was a place that had some furniture, but I thought it was more like a bed and bath shop. I remember that I purchased my antique-looking iron bed frame from them; must have been around 1984-85. Absolutely cannot remember the name of the store, though. Just remember it was a very nice store.
    well, thats not the same place im referring to. the one im talking about, i think it was called alabama furniture..or something like that..was around about 8 years ago. sold mostly handmade furniture.

Radio Shack was in Heritage Park Mall

Hmm.... Wasn't there an Athlete's Foot right next to the Hallmark card shop near Sears? I remember a Foot Action near Radio Shack and the movie theater too.

9. Default Re: complete list of all Heritage Park Mall stores

The famous ice cream bar! And pretzel king!

That Kodak film development place (you could watch the prints being developed at the front window)
    yeessssssss....wow, i totally forgot bout that place, it was right next to circus world toys. the store had a very small facade/entrance...basically about as big as your average doorway, and the large glass window that showed the pics being processed was to the immediate right of it.

ha ha, wow. that was in a time long before digital anything...back when you couldnt see whether or not if the pics you took came out crappy or not (unless you had a polaroid). so there was all this anticipation at that window as the pics being processed rolled out, one shot after the next.

i dont think it was a kodak place though, for some reason i want to say it was called motophoto. anyone know?

Yes it was a motophoto, my daughter had her 1st passport photo taken there when she was 3 months old

anyone remember what store used to be located where GNC was at, before it became GNC?

btw, I think im the only soul alive who remembers a little restaurant in HPM called Olga's Kitchen. I tell others about it, and they think im crazy.

Yeah, I remember Olga's Kitchen. Didn't Hickory Farms turn into GNC?

Yeah, I remember Olga's Kitchen. Didn't Hickory Farms turn into GNC?
    i distinctly remember a Hickory Farms store in the early 80s. It was on the opposite side of where Chick Fila and the Piano store was at. It was located on the corner across from where the hallmark store was at. Years later, this location became a atheletic shoe store.

This was before Hickory Farms began using their seasonal-only kiosks.

Wasn't Wards and Dillards 2 story anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    oh man, tough one to recall. i dont think dillards was. sears, I KNOW was/is. (2 story). as for Wards,..geez...Im gonna have to lean towards a yes. I think sears and wards were the only 2 anchors at hpm that were 2 storied.

The trouble is, I always would get the layouts of wards at hpm and cm mixed up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    btw, whos that incredibly beautiful lady in your avatar? that almost rivals evh5150's avatar chick.

Wards was 2 story

19. Default Re: complete list of all Heritage Park Mall stores

What was the cafeteria place? When we were looking at commercial real estate back 5 years ago, we were shown a cafeteria type establishment inside HPM.

It was either a Picadilly or a Morrisons

Where was Picadilly located at? All I remember was that Mexican restaurant that was located on the south side of the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    btw, whos that incredibly beautiful lady in your avatar? that almost rivals evh5150's avatar chick.
    Adriana Lima She's a cutie.

Where was Picadilly located at? All I remember was that Mexican restaurant that was located on the south side of the mall.
    The entrance was across the aisle from El Chico

Quote Originally Posted by dances with cameras View Post
    Man, thinking about that place gets me all depressed now. But...since we're reminiscin' and whatnot...

I think there was a store called Silverman's at the top of the stairs on the NE corner of the mall center. Cool clothes.

Stairs in HPM? Really? Seems like I spent my entire teen life in there, but never saw any stairs in the main part of the mall.

All I remember are the stores on the east side of the mall (Sears, Chic-Fil-A, Jenkins, Hallmark, etc.). My memory escapes me on the other side.

Wasn't there a John-A-Brown there in the early 80's before Dillard's?

Daniel

Thread Information