Widgets Magazine

Thread: Maps 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: MAPS 3 Oversight Board

Mayor Cornett,

I think you should have the County Election Board verify that each nominee did in fact partipate in the voting process on Dec 8, 2009. If any of the nominees did not cast a vote, then they are automatically disqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by possumfritter View Post
    Mayor Cornett,

I think you should have the County Election Board verify that each nominee did in fact partipate in the voting process on Dec 8, 2009. If any of the nominees did not cast a vote, then they are automatically disqualified.
    Possum, I'm not disagreeing with you, but do have any reason for suspecting that any of these people didn't vote? If not, why do you suggest that?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Possum, I'm not disagreeing with you, but do have any reason for suspecting that any of these people didn't vote? If not, why do you suggest that?
    ljbab728...I do not know any of these folks, and I promise ya, my suggestions was not based on any suspicions. Personally, I just wouldn't want anyone on this committee that didn't take the time to vote on this initiative. Kinda along the same lines that I hope that the nominees actually live in the Wards they are representing.

Shoot, maybe they better check to see if the City Council members voted too? I couldn't tell ya if my councilman did (Ward 8, Pat Ryan), because he never answers an e-mail, at least none of mine.

On the positive side, at least there will be an oversight committee in place, no matter if it's truly representative of the "voting" public or not.

Thread Information