Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa King

Default Re: Tulsa King

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Tried to find it last night but none of my kids have paramount plus. For the reviews, not sure I want to sign up for $10 month to watch it. Is there any other way to access it?
    Episode 1 is free on Apple TV as well. That’s where I watched it.

I wonder if episode 2 only airs on Paramount Network at the given time slot tonight or if it will be available to stream after that? Episode 1 doesn’t show up on a search there, just ep 2. I’m using Philo for a week free and Paramount Network is on there. Trying to figure it out. Some things on there do stream. I’ll probably subscribe at the end of the trial since it has a few shows on different channels I usually rent on Amazon.

^

I believe it airs at 8 PM every Sunday on the Paramount Network.

Tonight it's at 8:14 for some reason.

Yellowstone which comes on right before never ends right at 8:00, it always goes long by about 10 minutes for some reason.

I liked the third episode best so far.

There are some very obvious shots with the OKC skyline in the background. A scene outside the old Oklahoman building near the Y substituting for the Mayo. I don't recall seeing that location in the last episode, but I do think we'll see it again at least once.

Looks like next week we'll get a pretty big scene that was filmed at the fairgrounds.

In episode 3 (new today on Paramount+) Dana Delaney enters.

Took a bunch of OKC screen grabs I'll post later.

Harvey Ave. just south of Dean A. McGee - OG&E building on the left

In front of Oklahoma Commons (formerly Sandridge/Kerr McGee) - on Robert S. Kerr just east of Robinson

Leadership Square in the background

Old service station just west of the Farmers Market

Old service station just west of the Farmers Market - Palo Santo in the background

NE 4th just east of Broadway

NE 4th just east of Broadway - YMCA Building

NE 4th just east of Broadway - looking south

NE 4th just east of Broadway - YMCA Building

OKCPS Admin Building - NW corner of NW 5th & Classen

Back to Harvey just south of Robert S Kerr

Classen just south of NW 5th

NW 5th just west of Dewey

Looking south on Dewey from NW 6th

Looking east on NW 6th at Dewey

Looking north on NW 5th just west of Dewey

Looking east on NW 6th west of Dewey

Looking south on Francis at NW 6th

NW 5th just west of Dewey (The Bower in the background)

NW 6th just west of Dewey

Looking southwest from NW 6th and Dewey

Chelio's Diner, I-35 just south of SE 15th

That took some work.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Episode 1 is free on Apple TV as well. That’s where I watched it.

I wonder if episode 2 only airs on Paramount Network at the given time slot tonight or if it will be available to stream after that? Episode 1 doesn’t show up on a search there, just ep 2. I’m using Philo for a week free and Paramount Network is on there. Trying to figure it out. Some things on there do stream. I’ll probably subscribe at the end of the trial since it has a few shows on different channels I usually rent on Amazon.
    I have watched all 3 episodes on youtube,com without a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    I have watched all 3 episodes on youtube,com without a subscription.
    Just to be clear, those are pirated and look/sound like they were done on a camcorder.

Here is a cool Youtube video about the making of episode 3, including the car chase and stunts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsANZORMIoM

Was this show cut-rate? I mean they could have shot all of ep. 3's downtown driving around footage in Tulsa for not much more--and trying to pass of the Mayo's entrance as that of the YMCA? I don't think you'd have to be a resident of OKC or Tulsa to be able to tell that's no entrance to a luxury hotel.

Ep. 3's production values seem pretty phoned in.

Any idea what restaurant was used for the dinner between Dwight and Stacy in Ep. 3?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2D308839-4D65-458E-BD83-BD4A0F9B95B9.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	17749

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    Any idea what restaurant was used for the dinner between Dwight and Stacy in Ep. 3?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2D308839-4D65-458E-BD83-BD4A0F9B95B9.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	17749
    I think it's the Belle Isle Brewery.

While I don't think the show's writing is awesome, I also don't think the show feels particularly cheap. Either way, I don't see how filming driving scenes in Tulsa would impact that. It is super common for shows and movies to film in places they're not set in. I don't know the financial difference between shooting here or in Tulsa specifically, but once they decided OKC would be home base I imagine they kept as much of it here just for convenience if anything else. Close to the studio, limit how many organizations you have to coordinate with, don't have to transport the vehicle or source an identical one, etc. etc.

And I don't see how their faux hotel entrance looked worse than like Skirvin's or Colcord's (not to say I think those look bad at all).

I don't mean to tear down your opinion. I do think, though, that familiarity with some of this stuff makes us a little more critical when we notice, like, the OKC skyline in what's supposed to be Tulsa. It pulls us out of the world of the show. I've seen comments regarding other shows/movies taking place in cities more often depicted on film making the same kind of comments when clearly X show is not from the city or they question how someone got from point A to point B in 5 minutes when it should take 20 even without traffic or they see what they're told is NYC but obviously they know its Toronto because they live there. Meanwhile the rest of the world doesn't know or care. Now its our turn.

(doesn't help that the writing isn't elevating it past this effect also)

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I think it's the Belle Isle Brewery.
    I believe you are correct.

I didn't recognize it at first but it's the same curved archways and booth fabric.

It's TV, not a big-budget studio movie.

I think the production values are quite high for a TV show.

We should see the plotline and writing start to ramp up now that we are 3 episodes in and we have the foundation established.

Dana Delaney made an appearance in Ep 3 and I know she's going to be a big part of future episodes.

I think Stalone is doing a good job and really the rest of the acting has been pretty solid. Jay Will (plays Tyson) has been particularly good IMO.

I'm starting to get drawn in a bit and looking forward to see where this is going.

I’m pretty sure one of the investigators in Netflix’s “Girl in the Picture” was interviewed at Chelio’s.

Nm

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just to be clear, those are pirated and look/sound like they were done on a camcorder.
    You're probably right but I found the quality and sound of the episodes I've watched to be excellent.

I will say at 76, Stallone still looks darn good (hair transplant aside) and is doing a good job on the show.

Not many actors still working at that age and he looks very fit.

This was renewed for a 2nd season. Good to see.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/tul...us-1235445674/

Edit: It's apparently done very well ratings-wise.

^

Great news!

Yes. It's in fact probably underrated what great news that is. It's good to see mainstream projects here rather than a bunch of religious themed content.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Yes. It's in fact probably underrated what great news that is. It's good to see mainstream projects here rather than a bunch of religious themed content.
    someone reported earlier that they have a plan for 6 seasons .. that would be great for the city and for our film industry

Thread Information