Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Verve

Default The Verve

Jan 24, 2023 - St. Louis, Mo based real estate developer Subtext gained City Council approval for their latest development to take the site of the OU Motel on South Classen Boulevard.

The Verve Norman will be 5-story structure spanning 210,000 square feet and have 650 beds. The complex will have 12,000 square feet of common space inside and will be geared toward student housing.

The units will be built in a donut style with a central courtyard and pool. The complex will also have a dog park, walking trails, hammock area, and a frisbee golf park in the green space on the south side of the property.

The project is anticipated to be completed in 2024. The Verve Norman is Subtext’s first complex in Norman. Subtext currently operates or is constructing Verve complexes in Madison, WI, Columbus, OH, Boise, ID, St. Louis, MO, Bloomington, IN, and New Brunswick, NJ.

Verve 1.jpg
    Verve2.jpg
    Verve3.jpg

Default Re: The Verve

Nice!

Thanks for sharing the information.

Too bad they couldn’t call it the Verb to complement the Noun down the street.

But if they play Bitter Sweet Symphony on repeat in the lobby it will be a decent consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Too bad they couldn’t call it the Verb to complement the Noun down the street.

But if they play Bitter Sweet Symphony on repeat in the lobby it will be a decent consolation.
    Fun fact: The Rolling Stones get a sizable royalty check for that song.

You're welcome.

I've noticed a bit of a dearth of information on here for Norman. Odd since it is the third most populous city in the state, the major anchor of the OKC metro area and growing at a very rapid clip. So I'll try to post more things as I become aware.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerSooner View Post
    You're welcome.

I've noticed a bit of a dearth of information on here for Norman. Odd since it is the third most populous city in the state, the major anchor of the OKC metro area and growing at a very rapid clip. So I'll try to post more things as I become aware.
    The site is called "OKC" Talk, just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    The site is called "OKC" Talk, just saying...
    True, but Norman is part of the greater OKC Metro and we talk plenty about projects outside the city limits of OKC proper - so I'm glad we have additional eyes on projects for Norman. Lots of surface parking that could have been structured parking instead - but this isn't a super dense area anyway so no huge loss. This looks like a pretty good get from a new-to-market residential developer!

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerSooner View Post
    You're welcome.

I see where you are coming from on this. A good example of this is how I don't think there is a thread over the massive expansion at Normal Regional.

Quote Originally Posted by KHutch66 View Post
    I see where you are coming from on this. A good example of this is how I don't think there is a thread over the massive expansion at Normal Regional.
    Norman Regional Healthplex expansion There's this one, though it hasn't had any new posts in nearly a year.

I am confused, is it a dorm or a hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    I am confused, is it a dorm or a hotel?
    Apatments that are targeted to students.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Apatments that are targeted to students.
    Thank you

Thread Information