Widgets Magazine

Thread: Memorial Road should be widened to 3 lanes on each side

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Memorial Road should be widened to 3 lanes on each side

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Funny you mention adding new on/off ramps. OTA has a project listed that will move the Santa Fe toll plaza further west. I'm hoping that will allow for them to remedy the terrible WB entrance ramp from US77. They made the curvature so sharp it is almost impossible to get up to merging speed. Maybe Acme wouldn't sel them the ROW?
    That's interesting. Do you have a link? Hopefully they'll add ramps at Santa Fe.

This is an issue with OTA in general though. They make their decisions based on return on investment, not creating the best infrastructure. So if a ramp won't give them as much payback as they want, it doesn't go in. I'm sure they assume they aren't losing much traffic due to the lack of ramps, and to hell with the surface street issues it creates.

Default Re: Memorial Road should be widened to 3 lanes on each side

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    That's interesting. Do you have a link? Hopefully they'll add ramps at Santa Fe.

This is an issue with OTA in general though. They make their decisions based on return on investment, not creating the best infrastructure. So if a ramp won't give them as much payback as they want, it doesn't go in. I'm sure they assume they aren't losing much traffic due to the lack of ramps, and to hell with the surface street issues it creates.
    I see that project listed here, but it seems like the main objective is to modernize equipment and safety features. It doesn't appear things are being moved over by that much. https://pikepass.com/Engineering/Pro...ormation.aspx#

Thread Information