Widgets Magazine

Thread: General Weather Discussion - December 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - December 2018

State of emergency declared for all 77 counties. Sure seems to be a bit premature.

https://www.koco.com/article/state-o...storm/25426173

Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    State of emergency declared for all 77 counties. Sure seems to be a bit premature.
    Not to people who know what ice on roads means. Really, I don't understand this rush to discount it. Nobody I know is agreeing with it. These other sites that are declaring it a dud, when as mentioned the models have been in flux the entire time and everyone (despite the claim that it's all for ratings) has said so from the very beginning...what are their qualifications?

We obviously need to address the science education we're offering in public schools. The fact that some people in the state of Oklahoma can't recognize the value of preparation before a storm...I just can't accept that.

3. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - December 2018

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Not to people who know what ice on roads means. Really, I don't understand this rush to discount it. Nobody I know is agreeing with it. These other sites that are declaring it a dud, when as mentioned the models have been in flux the entire time and everyone (despite the claim that it's all for ratings) has said so from the very beginning...what are their qualifications?

We obviously need to address the science education we're offering in public schools. The fact that some people in the state of Oklahoma can't recognize the value of preparation before a storm...I just can't accept that.
    Stick with Anon's discussion about it here and of course try this site...no hype, just the best shot at forecasting by the best folks in the business https://www.weather.gov/oun/

Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post

https://www.koco.com/article/state-o...storm/25426173
    I'd think that in a state that experiences it's fair share of severe weather, more would understand that the reason these "state of emergencies" are declared are to get the process rolling in case of disaster.

5. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - December 2018

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    I'd think that in a state that experiences it's fair share of severe weather, more would understand that the reason these "state of emergencies" are declared are to get the process rolling in case of disaster.
    Right, it has nothing to do with an actual state of emergency as reality--it's a technical term in this usage. As I understand it, it is simply all about officially qualifying a situation for government funds to help with whatever the needs are related to this storm.

Thread Information