Widgets Magazine
Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    What did the offense look like Russ's first few years here? Remember we are in rebuilding mode here. Not in championship chasing mode like the years you chose to compare this team to.
    You're missing the conversation. People on this board were saying the offense is better without Russ. Neither I nor anyone else was comparing, for example, of early career Russ vs. early career Shai. However, if you want to do that, OKC had the #9 offense in Russ' 1st and 2nd years... so it was still dramatically better. To be clear: This is the worst offense in OKC history by a wide margin. OKC has had a top 10 offense every season except for 2014-2015 when it was #12. And, yes, it's only been 7 games... but I promise you this Thunder offense will not approach a top 10 offense.

Having said all that, I am not at all knocking this current team. I'm loving watching them and I'm going to be sad when we trade Gallo, which absolutely kill the offensive spacing, and maybe others because this team won't be very competitive after that point. Enjoy the team now!

Anyone who has kept up with Russ/Houston knows Russ carried them in 4 of 5 wins and in last nights game Russ was +40, meaning while on court the team scored 40 more points than gave up. Harden was +20 only half of what Russ was.

The OKC current team is so new and know they have zero chance of title run. They are not tanking but are experimenting and letting rookies be rookies so to speak. Everyone knows CP is gone at some point so he is helping teach rather than play for playoffs.

Anyone bagging on Russ just take a look at his MVP year he drug a bad roster to the playoffs. A dinged up bad shooting Dipo, a rough starting rookie Sabonis, non shooting Robes and younger Adams. Meanwhile Curry and his convenient injury prevent exposure to how bad GS was doing with Curry and 2 other All Stars.

Russ had one bad game in Houston all players do. Harden has shot awful and the only thing holding him up are getting so many free throw shots per game (avg 16), its criminal.

I like the core Thunders, SGA, Bazely and Diallo. Hope Adams stays thru rebuild. .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1A9C704C-A3BA-4C6A-903D-0AEA30E53BA6.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	15714
    Uh oh does San Antonio not support the Spurs anymore?!?!

Blog Entries

Thunder 43-37 lead.

Gotta love that ball movement & spacing. Everyone's getting ball touches. Good rhythm...

Disappointed; lots of empty seats on the lower level in the AT&T Center.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

Thunder 112 @ Spurs 121

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Everyone knows CP is gone at some point so he is helping teach rather than play for playoffs.
    Good post. I will say one thing: don't assume Chris Paul is going anywhere. There's a chance he could be here for the long haul... like maybe even all three years left on his deal. CP3 has been good this season, but what team is going to take on his massive contract if he's just good? I don't think the Thunder will trade him if they have to give up assets. Of course, it only takes one team so there's a chance some team bites, but if I had to guess, I'd say CP3 will be here for at least this entire season.

To me, Gallo is the only player that is definitely getting traded and that's because he's an expiring contract and the Thunder can get value back before he'd leave for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_Chipper View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1A9C704C-A3BA-4C6A-903D-0AEA30E53BA6.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	15714
    Uh oh does San Antonio not support the Spurs anymore?!?!
    Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili all retired so I am not surprised that there is empty seats since fans came to watch those three play

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili all retired so I am not surprised that there is empty seats since fans came to watch those three play
    I think it’s a satirical post. Almost every arena looks like this at the beginning of some games, but fans on this board of been freaking out about OKC’s good crowds meaning we can’t support a team. Lol

Blog Entries

Warriors @ Thunder

Chesapeake Energy Arena
    Saturday, November 9, 7 p.m.
    TV/Radio: FSOK/98.1 FM

GSW - D'Angelo Russell (SG) Out - Kevon Looney (PF) Out - Draymond Green (PF) Out

OKC - Andre Roberson (SG) Out

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Good post. I will say one thing: don't assume Chris Paul is going anywhere. There's a chance he could be here for the long haul... like maybe even all three years left on his deal. CP3 has been good this season, but what team is going to take on his massive contract if he's just good? I don't think the Thunder will trade him if they have to give up assets. Of course, it only takes one team so there's a chance some team bites, but if I had to guess, I'd say CP3 will be here for at least this entire season.

To me, Gallo is the only player that is definitely getting traded and that's because he's an expiring contract and the Thunder can get value back before he'd leave for nothing.
    CP situation is a catch 22. We need to rebuild so if he stays for the full 3 years he makes us good enough to miss out on top draft picks. And his salary prevents all the other potential roster moves we would make with the space. We’ll want to take on expiring contracts to get something in return, as part of rebuild. His cap takes up so much it will likely hurt in that regard.

I agree on Gallo but damn its so nice to have someone who can make 3’s! Such a treat for us.

Only hope to trade CP is a team in say 3-5 seed thinking CP puts them over the top for title run. Won’t know that til Dec-Feb.

I think it’s a satirical post. Almost every arena looks like this at the beginning of some games, but fans on this board of been freaking out about OKC’s good crowds meaning we can’t support a team. Lol
    Nailed it

Wanted to share my team view and how I see and hear things from fans in public.

Fans that have watched games this year actually are happier than last year. What I see/hear is last year was all about title run, and it put more stress on fans knowing it was unlikely. So they had less fun watching games not seeing this title team they expected.

Fans this year seem very happy and excited. They know we have zero title chances and it will take years to get back to top. Yet they are having more fun and overall seem to enjoy watching these young players play regardless the score. There is no pressure they say.

Its unscientific but is from pubs/bars and other generic areas I’ve run into them. And it matches me as well.

Fans that have watched games this year actually are happier than last year. What I see/hear is last year was all about title run, and it put more stress on fans knowing it was unlikely. So they had less fun watching games not seeing this title team they expected.

Fans this year seem very happy and excited. They know we have zero title chances and it will take years to get back to top. Yet they are having more fun and overall seem to enjoy watching these young players play regardless the score. There is no pressure they say.

Its unscientific but is from pubs/bars and other generic areas I’ve run into them. And it matches me as well.
    Agree wholeheartedly. Watching this year vs. previous is fun for completely different reasons. Before it was because we had a potential contender. Now it is because we have a young core and a treasure trove of draft picks in our back pocket. Feels like it did when we had RW and KD as 20 yr olds (not saying we have anyone of that caliber currently but you get my point).

Quote Originally Posted by runOKC View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly. Watching this year vs. previous is fun for completely different reasons. Before it was because we had a potential contender. Now it is because we have a young core and a treasure trove of draft picks in our back pocket. Feels like it did when we had RW and KD as 20 yr olds (not saying we have anyone of that caliber currently but you get my point).
    Exactly.

Blog Entries

I don't disagree with the sentiments above that the attitude of fans is very good.

With that said, season ticket renewal next season will be very interesting. We've had 6 tickets dating back to the Hornets and I doubt we'll renew all 6 next season for a lot of reasons (not related to any dissatisfaction with the team). Historically we've renewed without even a second thought as it was pretty easy to sell tickets. That dynamic, at least for now, is gone and I think it will make a lot of folks at least ponder the decision when the time comes in Feb. 2020.

16. Default Re: 2019-20 OKC Thunder

This is exactly how I feel this year and matches my conversations with my friends I've talked to.

The perception of this year's team is exactly why it was so important to get such good returns on trading PG and RW. Without that, we really could have been stuck in small-market hell like Sacramento has been for over a decade now.

It’s important to note that Sacramento (with New York) is more in bad management hell than small market hell. They could have Luka Doncic if they wanted, but they have probably the worst GM in the league. Management is at least as important as location.

Blog Entries

Warriors 108 @ Thunder 114

Blog Entries

Bucks @ Thunder

Chesapeake Energy Arena
    Sunday, November 10, 6 p.m.

MIL - No injured players

Injury Report

OKC - Andre Roberson (SG) Out

Blog Entries

Bucks 121 @ Thunder 119

Blog Entries

Thunder @ Pacers

Bankers Life Field House, Indianapolis
    Tuesday, November 12, 6 p.m.

OKC - Steven Adams, (C) Day-To-Day - Andre Roberson, (G) Out

Injury Report

IND - G. Bitadze, (C) Day-To-Day - J. Lamb, (SG) Out - Myles Turner, (PF) Out

No comments thus far on that Bucks game... that was an incredible game!

Blog Entries

Good post, OKC Guy, we (fans) are excited and happy. We can see this franchise making the playoffs as early as next season with a developmental piece comparable to the play of H. Diallo.

We didn't expect much from the reserves; these guys' contributions have far exceed expectations so far.

Blog Entries

No comments thus far on that Bucks game... that was an incredible game!
    Good take, Dan.

The Bucks were hard to keep down. Milwaukee is well coached & disciplined, play to their strengths.

Gallinari got off to a unfortunate start which affected his game. That was OKC's 4th game in 6 nights. Thunder are getting battle tested.

Thread Information