Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Cold very well be. CLR, as ET will probably outgrow the old Sevon building quickly and was probably intentioned as a temporary home.
    I find that typing with your eyes open is more accurate.

3. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

So should we start a thread entitled "Mystery Tower", later to be renamed?

Yes yes yes!!!! God I LOVE THIS TOWN!

what a tease!!!! i wish he would have given just i little more info!

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

I go to bed "late" last night...and this news breaks.. I'm pumped!

7. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

The article mentioned Charlotte, so here's a cool skyline shot from a year ago.

The article says that possible tenants are vying for Devon's current building, but I thought that Continental Resources was already stated as the company moving in. I'm a little behind on my news, which building is CR now moving into?

Devon occupies multiple buildings downtown, not just the one with its name on it. Here's hoping the news is true and correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteHigh View Post
    The article says that possible tenants are vying for Devon's current building, but I thought that Continental Resources was already stated as the company moving in. I'm a little behind on my news, which building is CR now moving into?
    That was not the only building where Devon had people. Devon's empolyees were scattered throughout downtown. The article was about was all that other space Devon is vacating

Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteHigh View Post
    The article DOESN'T say that, it says vying for Devon's current leased space. As others stated Devon is in 4-5 buildings downtown. We already know the main building, the one that was sold is spoken for, but not the leased space they will be dumping soon.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

The remaining Devon space referred to by Beffort would be the several floors at Chase Tower, and space, as I recall, at Corporate, Oklahoma towers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next corporate HQ and skyscraper is announced in the next few months, more or less in conjunction with Devon Tower opening.

I really believe Larry Nichols is working with this mystery company to put together a project on the Preftakes property. Remember, it was his idea that a good chunk of the Devon TIF go towards incentives for new companies to move downtown and it's pretty clear Devon is behind what Preftakes has been doing.

Beffort and Nichols are tight, so it makes sense that Mark would know about this. I think the announcement will be timed just as Devon Tower is finishing to help keep the momentum rolling downtown.

It seems like the evolution of skyscraper development goes like this:

Speculation -> Rumor -> Soft Announcement -> Hard Announcement-> Groundbreaking

Speculation (the What If? factor)

Rumor (people just going by here say, not officially reported)

Soft Announcement (Articles mention it, but with limited details, i.e. Mark Beffort's article)

Hard Announcement (Official Announcement by Company)

Groundbreaking

15. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post

Soft Announcement (Articles mention it, but with limited details, i.e. Mark Beffort's article)

Groundbreaking
    Based on this, we are on stage 3.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post

Groundbreaking
    For what, ONE skyscraper so your going to assume this is the process?

Skanaly, great renderings but I think Turbonomic Tower is supposed to be MUCH MUCH taller than shown.

Defcon 3!

As far as the timing of actual construction, given that Preftakes has owned all the properties on that block for years now, there has been plenty of time to plan. I'm sure when there is an announcement they will already have some pretty strong plans in hand, as they'll be needed in order to gain the necessary design approvals before they can finish all the final architectural and engineering work.

I hope Pickard Chilton is once again involved as they do great work; this new structure could be bridge between Devon Tower and the rest of the skyline.

I also love the idea of expanding the CBD/skyline to the west

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Defcon 3!

As far as the timing of actual construction, given that Preftakes has owned all the properties on that block for years now, there has been plenty of time to plan. I'm sure when there is an announcement they will already have some pretty strong plans in hand, as they'll be needed in order to gain the necessary design approvals before they can finish all the final architectural and engineering work.

I hope Pickard Chilton is once again involved as they do great work; this new structure could be bridge between Devon Tower and the rest of the skyline.
    Pete, I agree, BUT if this is the case, why wouldn't they have coordinated it at the same time to minimally disrupt downtown traffic and streets as well as all of the property would be coming online around the same time instead of creating it for a continuous 5-6 year period?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Defcon 3!

I agree, Preftakes already has demolition permits for most of the buildings on that block, so the hard part is done. We will all know soon when the cranes come down from Devon Tower, just to only move next door! lol...And based on success of Devon Tower, I am sure Nichols and Preftakes can get pretty much get anything approved by the DDRC.

I don't think that small area of downtown could handle two simultaneous big tower projects along with all the Project 180 stuff.

Devon workers now fill that entire block where the downtown elementary school is to go, for example. And the P180 work will last at least another year and probably two. And don't forget the convention center and boulevard work will likely be starting soon.

The timing would also help a lot of the construction crews shift from Devon to the new tower.

Just some thoughts with lots of speculation on my part.

23. Default Re: Oklahoma City's future skyline

I am not aware of any demolition permits taken out for the buildings on the Main Street block. And he would not be able to get such permits without going through what would be seen as "the hard part," going through Downtown Design Review, which has not happened either. Not sure if you're speaking tongue in cheek, but this is a pretty extreme mis-statement of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I am not aware of any demolition permits taken out for the buildings on the Main Street block. And he would not be able to get such permits without going through what would be seen as "the hard part," going through Downtown Design Review, which has not happened either. Not sure if you're speaking tongue in cheek, but this is a pretty extreme mis-statement of fact.
    I thought there was a article about a year ago, stating he got demolition permit for Carpenter Square Building? And that he had a hard time getting the permit, because he did not give details as to the reason why?

BTW, Mark Beffort will be added to the OCURA board at tomorrow's city council meeting.

Thread Information