Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has the best burgers in town?

Default Who has the best burgers in town?

Been on a diet for the last 5 years, so haven't had more than two or three burgers up until a couple of weekends ago.
    One night a week is reserved as my "cheat" day. Recently I had a pretty tasty burger, and now I've "rediscovered" them. I did a search but didn't find anything. So, who has the best burgers in town?

Default Re: Who has the best burgers in town?

There is really no real definitive answer to something like that because best burgers means different things to different people.

There have been a couple of similar previous threads with multitudes of opinions.

http://www.okctalk.com/general-food-...-oklahoma.html

http://www.okctalk.com/general-food-...rs-picked.html

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    There is really no real definitive answer to something like that because best burgers means different things to different people.
    Well, that's true to some extent, but if consensus was of no value, review sites like trip advisor and yelp wouldn't be in business.

Republic Burger.

<Close thread>

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Republic Burger.

<Close thread>

I know exactly where that is. I'll have to try it.

Nics by far, the consensus is the long line of people every day. Get there early

Nic's, Republic and I really like Tucker's as well.

Nic's. Tried to fight it for many years, but it simply is the best.

I surely know my son swears by Nic's, but I haven't been there myself.

I have been very pleasantly surprised by what seems to be a continuous improvement in "The Garage" burgers here in the OKC area; although I've only visited them three or four times over the last couple of years (for the same dietary reasons, alas), they started as quite unremarkable on my first visit about two years (?) ago, but at last visit offered a *very* tasty onion cheeseburger. Piping hot, juicy, properly cooked, very enjoyable.

Patty Wagon is my fave burger. Located at N May and NW 35th St in an old Whataburger building.

Nic's
    Republic
    S&B (9th Street or N May locations)
    Tuckers

12. Default Re: Who has the best burgers in town?

My current favorite burger is at Stockyards City Cafe (Not Cattlemen's) but I do still enjoy an occasional visit to Nic's and Tucker's.

13. Default Re: Who has the best burgers in town?

Currently;

Ron's
    Garage (Edmond)
    Nic's
    Interurban (Edmond)
    Tucker's

I guess you guys haven't heard of a little place called McDonalds.

S&B has by far the best veggie burgers. Too bad they come out as beef at least half the time.

I need to try Ron's.

We've never gotten anything but a good burger at the Half Time Grill on Newcastle Rd.

Boomarang Diner 6315 NW 39th Expy, Bethany has my current favorite burger.

If you get the basket there's seasoned salt in a shaker on the table for the fries. Yum! Sadly, I've had to give up the tators for awhile.

I have a enjoyed a lot of good burgers in the area, and one that I haven't had since I retired is the cheddar burger from Earl's Rib Palace. I don't like their barbecue, but the burger was really good.
    C. T.

20. Default Re: Who has the best burgers in town?

My favorite is the Garage. I go to the midtown location and love their Jalapeno burger.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    We've never gotten anything but a good burger at the Half Time Grill on Newcastle Rd.
    is that the one in the gas station? a buddy of mine posted a pic on Instagram of a burger from a gas station in Newcastle and it looked amazing

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    is that the one in the gas station? a buddy of mine posted a pic on Instagram of a burger from a gas station in Newcastle and it looked amazing
    nope... halftime is a sports bar/grill on newcastle road near wheatland, just west of will rogers airport. people swear by their fried chicken but i thought it was just ok. i didn't try their burgers. -M

Sid's in El Reno -- just outside the metro but it's one of the best onion burgers I've ever eaten. Certainly a destination place. In OKC, my fav's are Tuckers, Barry's Old Fashioned on May Ave, S&B, and Cow Calf Hay. Great, now I'm salivating.

I will be on a burger quest in the weeks to come. (I only have one cheat day a week on my diet, so it will take a while) I'm checking out each of the places that have been recommended here.
    The wife and I met with my parents at Irma's in Midtown last night. I liked the old, historic building (Always a sucker for that) and my burger was good, not exceptional, and my wife enjoyed the slaw dog. I'm not a big fan of the fries, they were okay... BUT... my mother thought she had a hair in her burger, but when she pulled out the offending item, she lost it... so she wasn't sure. A few minutes later, she pulled out another one.
    I know bad things can happen at the best eateries, but something like that really puts you off. Doubt we will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    I will be on a burger quest in the weeks to come. (I only have one cheat day a week on my diet, so it will take a while) I'm checking out each of the places that have been recommended here.
    The wife and I met with my parents at Irma's in Midtown last night. I liked the old, historic building (Always a sucker for that) and my burger was good, not exceptional, and my wife enjoyed the slaw dog. I'm not a big fan of the fries, they were okay... BUT... my mother thought she had a hair in her burger, but when she pulled out the offending item, she lost it... so she wasn't sure. A few minutes later, she pulled out another one.
    I know bad things can happen at the best eateries, but something like that really puts you off. Doubt we will be back.
    If I remember correctly, it was Irma's a few years ago that started a mandatory added gratuity on their orders? I am curious if they are they still doing that?

Thread Information