Widgets Magazine
Page 368 of 455 FirstFirst ... 268318363364365366367368369370371372373418 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 11357

Thread: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

If you look at the lowest death rates, they are generally among the states with the highest per capita infections.

i think it also has to do with the massive increase in testing as this has moved forward

1,558 new cases today, the lowest in 2 weeks. 7-day rolling average now 2,988.

43 additional reported deaths, 7-day rolling average 33.3, an all-time high.

Hospitalization data was not released yesterday due to the holiday but will be updated tonight.

Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully we're on the other side of the holiday peak. Now for the "lull" before March or so when B.1117 and other variants take over.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully we're on the other side of the holiday peak. Now for the "lull" before March or so when B.1117 and other variants take over.
    Do you have a list of known variants?

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Do you have a list of known variants?
    https://github.com/hodcroftlab/covar...ster/README.md

Extra info: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-world/617721/

Also extra info from NY Times (if you hit your read limit, open this link in a private or incognito web browser tab): https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...7-variant.html

Quote Originally Posted by GoOKC1991 View Post
    Stitt with his mask down at a kids basketball game. Of course.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2021/01/...5z6OzYGi1FknKk
    Always sets an excellent example.....

7. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

1776 hospitalizations. Lowest since Christmas Eve. Hopefully this trend will continue and give the medical workers a break.

^

I hope so too but there has been a trend where early in the week the number goes down, then goes back up again as we approach the weekend.

Crossing my fingers the various downward trends prove out.

Officially recovered as of today, and made it out of isolation in time for my appointment for my 2nd shot today. Gonna have antibodies up to here after this is over.

1,986 new cases today as the downward trend continues. 7-day rolling average now 2,714.

Unfortunately, a record high concerning deaths at 48. 7-day rolling average as a record at 33.9.

Hospitalizations are 1,776 (-90).

ICU is 474 (-25).

11. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Final WH Taskforce report. https://twitter.com/l_e_whyte/status...570736643?s=20

OK 3rd in National Positives per 100k, 1st in Positivity Rate, 5th in bed admissions, and 24th in deaths.

Head of State Health Dept. said today that the recent numbers have been artificially low due to tech problems.

They are working to get to the bottom of it.

13. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Well there goes all our good hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Head of State Health Dept. said today that the recent numbers have been artificially low due to tech problems.

They are working to get to the bottom of it.
    Would that include the hospitalization numbers?

I feel like when those get better, that will be a real indicator of things subsiding.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Would that include the hospitalization numbers?

I feel like when those get better, that will be a real indicator of things subsiding.
    I don't think it did include hospitalization or ICU, which are reported differently.

Regarding hospitalizations:

Frye attributed the decrease to the State Department of Health working with hospitals and the Oklahoma Hospital Association to speed up hospital discharges and making it easier for hospitals to transfer some recovering patients to alternate health care settings.
    https://oklahoman.com/article/568070...eek-likely-low

2,686 new cases today; 7-day rolling average now 2,649.

Another record day for reported deaths at 55. 7-day rolling average also a record at 36.9.

Hospitalizations are 1,772 (-4).

ICU is 449 (-25).

Do we know if this is still low due to tech issues, or is this now accurate?

So I admit that I wouldn't know the first thing about gathering and reporting this kind of data as I'm not an IT person, but it's more than a little frustrating that we're almost a year into this thing and we STILL don't have our act together on being able to report this accurately to the public. Are they incompetent or are they using computers that are running Microsoft 4.0 or something?

20. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Dillon Richards retweeted a post by COVID 19 In Oklahoma that says the OSDH investigated the supposed issue causing the low numbers and didn't find anything wrong. I don't think Richards would retweet anything he's not confident of.

The drop in cases makes sense to me. We’re 20 days past the last big holiday that people were out celebrating.
    Glad they at least checked the numbers and double check that the reporting was correct. Hopefully we can have a large amount of vaccinations take place before day Easter and definitely memorial day

22. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Also, today there are 40 states with Rt at 1 or below. A couple weeks ago there were only 6.

Testing also seems harder to come by. IMMY had over 150 free testing locations throughout the state last year. They are down to 1 in Norman. They processed thousands of tests a day.

24. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

The nursing home where mom is just sent her to Mercy. She felt bad for a couple days and tested positive for COVID. Now her oxygen level is low and dropping.

25. Default Re: Covid-19 in OKC (coronavirus)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    The nursing home where mom is just sent her to Mercy. She felt bad for a couple days and tested positive for COVID. Now her oxygen level is low and dropping.
    Hope she gets better Bill

Thread Information