Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
True, how Mexico Joe's is doing well. I was there for happy hour Friday evening, and it didn't lack much being packed. OSU isn't even in session. Interesting how Mexico Joe's does well against 4 Mexican owned restaurants.

Davinci's and Olive Garden must have made Joseppi's fail. They still rule. But the lasagna and bread are better at Davinci's. The opening of the Red Lobster probably led to the Bay's doom. OSU students don't do much to help keep Stillwater restaurants in business. It's most up to non-students and out of towners to try to keep them open.
Yeah, I am sure it was Olive Garden that took down Joseppi's. I personally don't understand how anyone would rather eat at Olive Garden than Joseppi's or Davinci's. By the time I showed up in Stillwater (2002) Red Lobster was already there, so I didn't know the time line of it opening vs Bay closing.

The other retail closing doesn't really surprise me. Half the town is only there 8 months out of the year, and then many of them leave most weekends, especially the ones with extra cash. I think Stillwater had been punching above their weight with the more recent retail gains.