Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Softball Hall of Fame

Default Re: Softball Hall of Fame

Women's World Series starts today.

Construction has been paused but will resume after the series and by next year will be completed, with the addition of an upper deck.

Look at the photos above for the progress that has been made.

Blog Entries

Northeast OKC Re: Softball Hall of Fame

YouTube's cam.

OGE Energy Field at the USA Softball Hall of Fame Stadium is located inside the USA Softball Hall of Fame Complex

A great venue to showcase Oklahoma City with the upcoming 2020 ASA Women's College World Series. Anticipation of the final phase upper deck construction of the stadium to be ready. ESPN coverage of this event will spotlight Oklahoma City and a lot of progress and development throughout our city.

Blog Entries

Interesting to see the placement of construction pieces involved in the upper deck. It should look very similar to the expansion model.

4. Default Re: Softball Hall of Fame

the only thing is, ESPN never shows downtown or any of the city when they do the event. They only show the grounds/stadium, which could be located anywhere if you ask me, and nothing unique or obvious that its located in Oklahoma City.

In fact, you wouldn't even know the WCWS was in OKC if it weren't for the Oklahoma City signs at certain places around the ballpark. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

5. Default Re: Softball Hall of Fame

one more thing, I wish they would build more suites and more seating concourses to really turn it into a major stadium. The double deck is nice and the redesign is nice compared to what it was, but it's not really a major fan experience when the main vendors will still be food trucks and nothing "permanent" to the event or stadium. ....

dont get me wrong, I love the WCWS (and softball more than baseball) and like that we're upgrading. But there are college facilites that are and still will be better than this when OKC's stadium should be the best if not biggest and offer the best fan and player experience (considering this even is likely the final in the athletic careers for most women unfortunately).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

HangryHippo Guest

This stadium looks cheap AF.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    In fact, you wouldn't even know the WCWS was in OKC if it weren't for the Oklahoma City signs at certain places around the ballpark. ...
    Aside from the thousands of mentions across the entire season, “OKC” hats that all the teams wear when they win, and the constant mention during telecasts, you’d hardly know it’s in OKC at all. /s

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Aside from the thousands of mentions across the entire season, “OKC” hats that all the teams wear when they win, and the constant mention during telecasts, you’d hardly know it’s in OKC at all. /s
    And calling it the "road to OKC"

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: Softball Hall of Fame

Interesting take watching the workers piece the upper deck construction. The right field line down 1st base upper deck still has some steel work to be put in place.

They should have the construction ready in time for the opening game of the WCWS which starts Thursday, May 28, 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    one more thing, I wish they would build more suites and more seating concourses to really turn it into a major stadium. The double deck is nice and the redesign is nice compared to what it was, but it's not really a major fan experience when the main vendors will still be food trucks and nothing "permanent" to the event or stadium. ....

dont get me wrong, I love the WCWS (and softball more than baseball) and like that we're upgrading. But there are college facilites that are and still will be better than this when OKC's stadium should be the best if not biggest and offer the best fan and player experience (considering this even is likely the final in the athletic careers for most women unfortunately).
    I really had no idea... Would you mind posting names and pics of the women’s softball stadiums that are better and offer a better fan experience?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Live stream is turned off. Any new update pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Live stream is turned off. Any new update pics.
    Nice Pictures. Tickets are on sale now but you can't pick your seats. It keeps wanting to put me in the new upper deck on first base side which mean I'll burn to death in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Nice Pictures. Tickets are on sale now but you can't pick your seats. It keeps wanting to put me in the new upper deck on first base side which mean I'll burn to death in the sun.
    Was able to score section 102 Row B for Friday and Monday night games. Might be in the sun a bit but not looking into it as 102 is 3rd base side.

Blog Entries

Thank you Pete.

They took down the live cam on this project about a month ago.

Just a reminder, the $27.5 million expansion-upgrade will keep the WCWS in OKC until 2035; seating capacity will increase from 8,000 to 12,000. Expansion & renovation, funded by the 2017 GO Bonds - Better Streets, Safer City initiative. In return, the WCWS will have an annual potential economic impact of $20 million with a draw of 100k fans for the tournament with all games televised on ESPN.

At the rate this tournament has grown look for another stadium expansion before 2035.

Watch the 2020 WCWS on ESPN (May-June) and see the recognition Oklahoma City gets throughout this tournament.

So was seating a problem or are they just building for the future?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    So was seating a problem or are they just building for the future?
    More of a combination of both--seating & future. Expanded player locker rooms, ESPN national TV and overall accommodation upgrades.

20. Default Re: Softball Hall of Fame

Very nice! Thanks for the pics!

Blog Entries

“Stand Beside Her” Tour Featuring 2020 USA Softball Women’s National Team Heads to Eugene

Additional stops for the "Stand Beside Her" tour will be announced at a later date. For more information on the "Stand Beside Her" tour, please visit StandBesideHerTour.com.

Link: https://goducks.com/news/2019/12/2/-...to-eugene.aspx

Blog Entries

The NCAA announced it was cancelling its winter and spring championships Thursday afternoon in light of the coronavirus pandemic -- and that includes the Women's College World Series.--Oklahoman, March 12, 2020.

New field going in today.

Feeling a little dumb...I never realized this was right next to Remington Park

It's a funny location and one that is easy to miss. Not many people drive east on 50th past the zoo.

Thread Information