Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Breweries

Default Re: Oklahoma Breweries

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Agree with this as well as the fact mentioned by BBQ that the area is developing with the proposed athletic venue. One needs to keep in mind that this is still less than 5 miles to downtown Norman and relatively close to 405 brewing. Other considerations need to be made when opening a facility like this other than can people walk here from a restaurant/ entertainment venue. Norman is not OKC and this will not be as far flung as Coop is from the city center. The site would also allow travellers easy off-on to I-35, thereby getting those people to stop in Norman and entice them to UNP or downtown.
    Agreed. Less than a mile from 405, and will be a lot more visible than 405. Easy access to/from I-35, and close to a huge amount of people each way on Tecumseh. The only thing I don't like about it and the 405 location for that matter is being on basically a highway severely limits the ability to bike to the breweries. Flood/77 is still one street I generally avoid while biking.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma Breweries

I guess that’s really my point. Not saying it needs to be proximate to OKC breweries; being close to other breweries in Norman is great but I’d think if they both were BOTH easily walkable/bikable to each other and also to either Main or Campus Corner would be even better. For instance Main and Porter vicinity. Much better for creation of a Norman brewing “scene.”

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I guess that’s really my point. Not saying it needs to be proximate to OKC breweries; being close to other breweries in Norman is great but I’d think if they both were BOTH easily walkable/bikable to each other and also to either Main or Campus Corner would be even better. For instance Main and Porter vicinity. Much better for creation of a Norman brewing “scene.”
    For what it's worth, I completely agree with you.

4. Default Re: Oklahoma Breweries

If that were feasible I think they might have done that. In this case I know how long, and how many places, the search has covered and they were unable to find a location to fit their needs due to various reasons.

They have 2+ acres available to them at this location and they plan to use it to draw people to them for more than their beer.

5. Default Re: Oklahoma Breweries

Gotcha, and that’s all fair. I’m excited about the brewery itself; just wish (as much for their sake as anyone’s) that they could have found the Norman version of Sunshine Cleaners, you know?

6. Default Re: Oklahoma Breweries

Gotcha, and that’s all fair. I’m excited about the brewery itself; just wish (as much for their sake as anyone’s) that they could have found the Norman version of Sunshine Cleaners, you know?
    Yep.... They wish they could have too. Just couldn't make it work.

Two of the spots they looked at I wish would have worked for them was in the Tower Theater and in Bricktown at the Plow building but they just couldn't do what they wanted to do logistically at either but last time I talked with them they were still looking at a separate tasting room in one of the downtown districts.

They are just excited to be in their own brewery again. They were having to brew in Missouri after the tornado took out their first location and more recently they have been brewing over at Anthem.

7. Default Re: Oklahoma Breweries

Black Mesa hopes to be brewing in their new home by early September. They had hoped to open the tap room by then too but right now are estimating it will be October before they get the tap room open.

Also found out they will be one of the Oklahoma beers being sold in Walmart.

Can we get an updated list of Oklahoma Breweries? I feel like we've added a few since the last list was posted.

Also, does anyone have insight as to when Vanessa House, Elk Valley, and the Angry Scotsman are set to open? By my count, once those three are up and running we will have 7 breweries in the heart of OKC. 8 after COOP! (9 if you count Bricktown Brewery but I don't feel like most folks count it)

Also, does anybody know who will replace VH, Elk Valley, and Angry Scotsman at the Brewers' Union?

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    (9 if you count Bricktown Brewery but I don't feel like most folks count it)
    Does Bricktown Brewery actually do any brewing at that location anymore? I'm not in there frequently enough, and never see any actual brewing happening when I am. I assume they do everything off-site now, but have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Also, does anybody know who will replace VH, Elk Valley, and Angry Scotsman at the Brewers' Union?
    Crossed Cannons is one of them: https://www.facebook.com/CrossedCannonsBrewery/

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    (9 if you count Bricktown Brewery but I don't feel like most folks count it)
    I think it's because all of their beers are 3.2%. I wonder if that will remain the case after the law changes this fall.

13. Default Re: Oklahoma Breweries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    Does Bricktown Brewery actually do any brewing at that location anymore? I'm not in there frequently enough, and never see any actual brewing happening when I am. I assume they do everything off-site now, but have no idea.
    Yes they do continue to brew on-site.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I think it's because all of their beers are 3.2%. I wonder if that will remain the case after the law changes this fall.
    They do have plans to move some (if not all) of their product to what would currently be considered strong beer, and they also plan to wholesale some product so that you will be able to buy their beers in stores and/or other establishments, at least the last I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    they will be making higher point beer. they had a few for tasting back during the strong ale fest. i'm not certain if they are going to replace all they currently have, or what the plan is.. .i just know they have been working on high point beer

Yes they do continue to brew on-site.

They do have plans to move some (if not all) of their product to what would currently be considered strong beer, and they also plan to wholesale some product so that you will be able to buy their beers in stores and/or other establishments, at least the last I heard.
    i guess we were typing at the same time. lol

16. Default Re: Oklahoma Breweries

Hah!

https://newsok.com/article/5609411/l...buts-next-week

Been excited about this for a while, a couple of my buddies are involved in this. Looking forward to tasting some product next week!

Been excited about this for a while, a couple of my buddies are involved in this. Looking forward to tasting some product next week!
    The more taprooms the merrier!

I actually had that guy's father as a professor in college, he and his wife came over to Vienna to visit me while I was studying abroad in Europe, pretty good family and definitely fun to have a few beers with.

This would be the location:

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Been meaning to hit up the Roughtail tasting room. Mustang has a tasting room open on Saturdays as well, been a couple of times. Actually need to get back to get a growler fill.
    Marshall and Prairie each have one in Tulsa. Pretty sure Prairie shares theirs with Choc since they are both brewed out of Petes.
    Updated Tulsa brewery list - all of these are located in midtown/downtown:

1. Marshall (618 S Wheeling Ave) - New Pearl District taproom at 1742 E 6th st - NOW OPEN

2. Dead Armadillo (1004 E 4th St) - Pearl District - currently open (also has a location at Tulsa Int'l Airport)

3. Prairie Brew Pub (223 N Main St) - Arts District - currently open

4. Elgin Park Brewpub (325 E Mathew B. Brady St) - Arts District - currently open

5. Cabin Boys (1717 E 7th St) - Pearl District - currently open

6. Renaissance (1147 S Lewis Ave) - now open

7. American Solera (108 E 18 ST S) - currently open - MOVING TO PEARL DISTRICT AT 6TH & UTICA IN 2019

8. Heirloom Rustic Ales (2113 E. Admiral Blvd.) - Kendall-Whittier - under construction

9. Welltown Brewery (114 W Archer St) - Arts District - currently open

10. Nothing's Left Brewing (1501 E. Sixth St.) - Pearl District - currently open

11. Willow Family Ales (418 S Peoria Ave) - Pearl District - currently open

14. Fine Fermentations (321 S Frankfurt Ave) - East Village - under construction

15. Hanson (302 N Boston Ave) - brewery across from Prairie brewpub - last heard it was in planning with pretty far out date (2019/20)

Hit up Welltown and Marshall earlier this month. Marshall was still in their old digs so would like to check out their new place since everyone in our crew liked their beers the best. Welltown’s taproom is amazing with three levels and just down from the Brady Theater and close to Cain’s so we thought it would make a killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This would be the location:

Yeah, will be closeish to Coop's new location at the Armory. Not quite like taking the streetcar around to all the urban core breweries, but still somewhat doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Hit up Welltown and Marshall earlier this month. Marshall was still in their old digs so would like to check out their new place since everyone in our crew liked their beers the best. Welltown’s taproom is amazing with three levels and just down from the Brady Theater and close to Cain’s so we thought it would make a killing.
    I agree on Welltown's location, they should make so much money with all the shows at both the Brady and Cains, but also the BOK. Unfortunately I did not like their beer very much, but that doesn't mean they don't do good work, just not my style. I hope they are a success because the facility is amazing, the taproom is about as high quality as you will find in OK and the brewery is open to the street via large windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Marshall's new tap room fronts 6th next to its existing brewery, you can see it on the left in the pic below. American Solera is going to refurbish the old warehouse at 6th & Utica for a tap room (see below), and Cabin Boys is next door. So three breweries on one block in the Pearl District. Just waiting on the city to enhance the streetscape east down 6th.

Thread Information